1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[Poll]No free flight in Heiron/Beluslan

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by PoiZoN, Jul 28, 2010.

?

Do you want to keep free flight in Heiron/Beluslan?

1. Yes

35 vote(s)
    52.2%
  2. No

32 vote(s)
    47.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PoiZoN

PoiZoN while(troll) {++infract;}

Hello all!
    I have read some threads about this issue and I want to start a poll.As you all know, free flight can cause some disadvantages to some classes from Aion,like Rangers(traps), Gladiators,Templars and others.In my opinion, the Assassin class has many problems in aerial battles because they can't use their Assassination skill, which is very important for them.Also, if free flight will be restricted in Heiron/Beluslan, there will be less problems with spawn killing because it will be harder to get to certain locations.Also, the flight transporters can provide more routes due to the 1.9 patch.
    Removing free flight will make the race vs. race battles more fair.For example, a player that is doing quests on the ground won't have time to react because, let's say that a ranger will come towards him in hide mode while flying.The guy who is doing the quest will be killed very easy and he won't even have time to hide or to battle his enemy.Also, any other ranged class will have the same effect.The biggest problem is when a player steps out of DP and gets ganked by flying asmos/elyos.
    I hope that you will agree with me on these subjects.Please vote for what you consider being right.

Let's give all classes a chance!

2. Aegis

Aegis Guest

REMOVE FREE FLY FROM THERE PLEASE.

I feel like it majorly dumb's down PvP and the strategy of using the terrain and the surrounding's is nullified... more or less in a asmodian raid group on heiron it come's down to fly to heiron... and then it end's up being a TACTICLESS zerg battle.

I feel, for the sake of strategy ontop of of the fact that certain classes are in their niche in the air, that free fly in Heiron and Belusian should definaetly be removed.

For all other's voicing that it is a factor of convenience let me say this to you: If conveniece is the only thing on you're mind, where did the fun, anticipation, strategy, etc go? Are you simply wanting a more convenient way to boil PvP down to zerg vs. zerg? If so I question why you'd call Aion a game at all.

1 person likes this.
  3. PoiZoN

I agree with you.Also, being killed by a ranger that comes flying in hide mode is just stupid.I think that it's the main reason for the HUGE number of rangers on the server.They just seem to be good at battles.For example, if they are on ground, non-ranged classes can kill them easier.
    C'mon people let's make battles more balanced!

4. Autumn

Autumn Banned

Making a poll that doesn't offer a balanced argument for both sides is worthless. We've also had countless said polls before. The server is advertised as free flight, and that will never change. Deal with it or go to Crystal.

1 person likes this.
  5. PoiZoN

Also, the server is being advertised with "All skills working" too and I don't believe that. :whistling:

6. illegal pete

illegal pete Getting there

Let me break this down. I'm no huge fan of free flight in areas where lower level players go to grind. Heiron/Beluslan is meant for people under 50. Morheim/Eltnen is meant for people under 40. Large groups of 55's going into these areas with the sole intent of getting jollies by "owning noobs" is retarded in its own right. But thats the way it is. Let it be.

As far as the disadvantages that classes face in these areas, throw that junk out. If you're going to argue that any of these classes have disadvantages in flight, how about we just remove free flight everywhere? Theres no difference between an assassin having problems in flight in Heiron and an assassin having problems in Reshanta. Your argument is crap. Plus, any ranger who cant hold his own in aerial combat needs to quit playing. Less QQ, more learning how to fight.

This problem is already well on the way to being resolved. Chlora is making a whole new batch of NPCs to protect spawn points that wont wander off aimlessly chasing after people.

You are aware that this happens in RETAIL right? There are these really cool things called rifts that allow you to go to enemy territory. On retail, it wasnt unusual for me to spend HOURS in enemy territory picking people off with several legionmates or more. Oh, and heres another tip: when you're done with DP, DONT USE THE PORTAL. use RETURN. every single player in the game from level 1 on up has the skill. if it hasnt cooled down yet, WAIT A FEW MINUTES.

This is a PVP server. if you want a free ride, GO PLAY ELSEWHERE. Quit standing in town duelling all day. Learn how to PVP vs large groups. Learn to hold your own. Quit whining. Both races have an equal chance of getting ganked. I've been ganked lots of times. Do I whine about it? Hell no. I take my revenge in trade.

Oh yeah, and you do know it is entirely possible to level all the way to 55 in areas that never see PVP, right? Theobomos/Brusthonin. You can go there at level 20 and leave at level 55. Never see a single member of the other race. Period.

Bottom line: quit crying, deal with the relatively minor problem of being killed, dont make the stupid mistake of repeatedly running into a camp hoping it will magically be gone, and learn to play the game.

EDIT: Oh, and just FYI, since i know there are those of you thinking it, no, I dont play an asmo. I dont get to camp with DTK every day. I play elyos and get to watch hundreds of level 55 morons sitting in town duelling when there are 5 asmos flying around 10 yards outside the gates. I die a lot from being zerged by better organized forces. But I dont whine. I keep fighting. If I die, guess what, I RESPAWN.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
    5 people like this.
  7. Autumn

Autumn Banned

Which doesn't support your argument at all. This server is free flight. Crystal is no free flight. (Crystal was actually created because of complaints regarding a desire for a closer to retail server.) Pick one.

If you want high rates and no free flight, you will need to find a different private server.

2 people like this.
  8. AdeptusMagus

AdeptusMagus Proficient

adapt or die

9. Nutzu

Nutzu Banned

I dont like this idea at all,wth fly is the only chance of running from enemies

10. PoiZoN

I know that you can level up in Theobomos until 55, but there is still a problem because it's hard to kill ranged characters with non-ranged ones.Pete, i'm sure that you couldn't do it.I'm a pro gamer too but it's hard to kill those characters, especially when they're speed hacking too.And I know that the GM's don't care about them and don't ban them.I have some proof screenshots of hackers but I don't waste my time posting them because i'm sure that GM will do nothing.
    You're the ones who are QQ'ing because you don't have the skill to handle ground battles.

11. cozolinofly

cozolinofly Well-Known Member

REMOVING FLIGHT WILL OVER POWER SOME CARACTHERS ...if you guys already are gonna remove flight ... will be like atomix .. FAIL .. that server is going down .. because they used to be like you FRee fly ... autolearn .. and after 1.9 they wanted to go close and they fail //they should done this when they open the server .. not after 6 months ......is like you give sugar to a child for one month and then you give him Salt ...

12. Autumn

Autumn Banned

So let me get this straight. You claim you know the GMs won't ban speed hackers, and yet you are petitioning them in an expectancy to remove free flight?

13. illegal pete

illegal pete Getting there

Then:
    a.) you dont know how to play. on retail I played every single class. on this server, I have a ranger, a cleric, a glad and an assassin. I can say without reservation that I fear going up against nobody because of their class. Ranged classes are going to have a long distance advantage on the ground just as they do in the air. The key is knowing how to BEAT that advantage. If you actually know how to play, you can do these things.

and

b.)if you're not reporting hackers, you're an idiot. the GMs do ban hackers. lots of them. every day. sure, they keep coming back, but eventually they'll either get bored or the staff will find an anti-hack system that works. getting rid of free flight in a couple maps will do ABSOLUTELY FREAKING NOTHING to prevent hackers. here's a dollar, buy a clue and stop making arguments that have nothing to do with your topic.

14. hikim

hikim New Member

prohibit freefly at dregion not world

Im agree both opinions and both sides are right.
    How about dregion??
    There is a very good place enjoying ground pvp
    add my opinion at the pollă…‘

15. Lecius

Lecius New Member

Easy ther Sire Pete :lol:

I bet he's also one of those Duelers that always ganked up on heiron, because their just slacking off.. and pretending to be the best of the best on duel >.<

Dude having a free flight is a good thing to have here on server, look @ some bright sides, u can go to some boss easily, u can travel everywhere, and yeah, u can gang up some foes.. and even you die, its still fun, NOT UNLESS YOUR A BIG FAN OF JOY ( KILL JOY )

And one thing, even GM remove the free flight on Heiron/Beluslan, Ill give you one day.. There will be so many topics/ post that will dis agree with that :pinched:

16. Dragonshin

Dragonshin Proficient

They should just put unlimited free flight on herion, beluslan and abyss. No flight sucks bad:p

17. Nutzu

Nutzu Banned

yep i fully agree with that

18. hitkill

hitkill Well-Known Member

Would say i agree with that but what is the use of buying a 80 mil wing then. And then you get more people QQ about that everyone is flying:sad:. And make more of this kind of post. By de way i played on a server with unlimited free flight and it get a little bit of boring because then everyone gets away easly and you make chases of hours.(One time did was fun though thee first time second time i got bored as hell)

19. Koishi

Koishi Well-Known Member

Well u can still pot it without ever running out~

But yeah obviously voted for No Free Fly in Heiron/Beluslan.

20. MasterShake

MasterShake Proficient

I agree with you Nutzu, unless whats chasing you is speedhacking and closes massive distance when you are at max flight speed like you did me tonight, and like you did a week or so ago when you ran away. Sorry but im calling you out, STOP SPEEDHACKING Nutzu. I dont have any proof cept a few screenshots where you confessed and used the excuse that elyos were doing it to you all the time. I even sent you a forum PM stop effing cheating but you just keep it up. You got a hard fall comming on this server if you dont get right because I will make it my personal mission to fraps you if you want to pop off. Youre smart for not kicking in the attack speed but you use the movement speed enough that anyone that encounters you can tell.

Oh I voted to keep free flight, I hear crystal isnt free flight though. Check it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.