1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

[Let's Talk] Elyos & Asmos

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Frenemy, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Munchies

Munchies Proficient

Stun-lock is more fun.

2. valduboisvert

valduboisvert New Member

That means I also suck at pvp which doesn't help at all the issue of me joining pvp ranks as well.
    So well, maybe they are players that suck like me at pvp and being killed so many times and losing ap is a fast cure to pvp participation. This being said has anybody thought that maybe this is the "normal" percentage of people who join in pvp? Most of us just like the game, the graphics, hanging out there and avoid being killed in 2 seconds by a red romb.

3. gosmall1

gosmall1 Add Sir. NO! STFU!

Hit one of our members in game and we'll see what we can do... We're primarily PVP legion and we develop our members.

Unless you are Elyos in which case you deserve to die.

4. malati87

malati87 New Member

^That was both overly sad and really funny. Personally I wish dueling was just shut off for a while, but judging by how many people threatened to leave on Elyos side (I don't have an asmo yet so I don't know how bad their side got), it won't happen.

+1 to the OP. I'm always looking for PvP raids/groups when I'm on. Uriko, 55 Elyos Chanter.

5. valduboisvert

valduboisvert New Member

lol! Only one toon is elyos ( for spying ), the rest are asmo. I joined asmo because I saw they are outnumbered on this server. But not joining pvp doesn't help asmo, does it? I will poke you this evening and see what you can teach me about Aion pvp tactics and strategy.

6. Frenemy

Frenemy Banned

Okies Dokies,

I see that the flaming has start in here so I would like to keep it flaming clear. None of races is better than other. We are both quiet good enough =)

The problem I try to point out here us the endless dueling from both sides. I call you all to join a massive war to see if this will work out and if we will like it.

We can now set a date for the one of the next days, at the time when both West and East side World players can be online ;)

gosmall1, please stop to be hater. I do realize that you are of the idea: If it's red and it's moving thne it's dead. But please, we are all here a community first of all and then race enemies =]

So, what do you think if we would make such war in 2 days from now ? At the first attempts GMs could help us to oranize it in-game because they can announce it so all players in all town can see it.
    The lack of the fact that not all players visit this forum will be a problem but once more and more players will learn about it they will join it.

I hope so ...

7. gosmall1

gosmall1 Add Sir. NO! STFU!

Heh. You didn't get the humor or my quote. If I just wanted to kill with no sense of being a part of a community, I'd still be playing Modern Warfare 2...

There is no hate. There is only Aether...

Edit: Dueling... Practice is one thing, but sheesh...

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  8. illegal pete

illegal pete Getting there

No, that is exactly what should happen. This is a freaking PVP server. If you dont want to PVP, go play on another server. The people who QQ about the duelling system needing to be fixed ought to just leave.

Maybe if all these whining perpetual-duellists quit, maybe we could fill the ranks on both sides with people who actually want to fight. I'd love to see massive wars going on.

1 person likes this.
  9. valduboisvert

valduboisvert New Member

I didn't know this is a pvp only server. If this is a pvp only sever why don't we all have equal characters and go pvp then? Well we do not have equal chars, there is work to do to get good equipment and therefore I doubt this is a pvp only server. qed

10. Cropolite

Cropolite No regrets D:

This is a PvP server, lol. But, it's also a community-ish server. So, people can still go group and do other stuff.

Btw. Dueling = PvPing. >_> Maybe not vs the opposite faction, but it's still PvP. :]

11. Uzziel

Uzziel Expert

for starters he does have the right reasons and i love it! :love:

12. DTKmember

DTKmember New Member

nah nah nah nah.....hey hey hey.....goodbye....Gotta <3 that song. hehe

13. joshan4ev3r

joshan4ev3r New Member

i tell why this is happening

agreed, server is full of noobs tho, specifically elyo side , they do some duels, but dun do pvp so when the time comes they weak on raids and die easly , when i was guildless i used to join any group for asmo hunt and had so many failed groups. i dun blame them , theres almost no need to get abyss points here only for potions , u cant buy items which usually motivated ppl more to fight, if gms ever implement quests or ways to get medals to buy items.. abyss would be full of action 24/7 .

14. crazedwombat

crazedwombat New Member

this happens in every game where theres an "evil" toned faction and a "good" toned faction... all the egotists shoot straight for the evil side, and are convinced beyond all reason that the good side are noobs (because they are egotists who think they are better than everyone)..

i learned my lesson early and i learned it well, evil side people are so irritating, that even though i prefer the looks and feel of it i refuse to join that type of faction any more because of all the douche-baggery and elitist attitudes.

(this is why when the evil side is winning they call the good side noobs, and when they are losing they cry "foul play", because it's obviously not their superior skills and intellect that are losing, it has to be an outside influence causing them to lose, lol)

how does this FACT relate to the topic? well unfortunately unless there are lots of people like me who have learned this lesson, the good side does in fact tend to be more on the meek side..

then add to that the actual mmo noobs who still haven't learned that pvp in this style is based on team work, think they can't participate because they are undergeared, when in fact if you play right it makes no difference in the long run. 2 players with garbage gear and decent skills will almost always beat 1 player with uber gear... (you can recognize these people because they whine about dying a lot, and always run into groups of enemies thinking they are all powerful, or just flat out ignore the "plan") this is actually the evil side's weakness, because every actual noob AND children will tend chose the evil side as well, much as i did in the beginning of my mmo hobby. so luckily the good side only has to put out 90% of the effort of the evil side to dominate them.

and just for the record, "i'm not geared, i can't pvp" is a flat cop out. what, you're going to wait until you're literally end game, go pvp 10 people and then make a new char because you're bored? gimme a break. if you suck at pvp and don't like it, fine, but don't gimme any cop outs.

dueling is pointless and is for pansies.... like a previous poster, some training to learn the nuance of another class, fine, but past that all you're proving is that you're horrible at REAL team based pvp.

it never fails to amaze me how many people think a 1v1 battle in a rpg proves anything, certain classes are CODED to lose to others, some are overpowered against all, it's like knowing you have a gun and the other guy has a knife and you get pleasure from shooting him from 20 yards away? it's pathetic.

the only TRUE accomplishment in these games is TEAM based. period. 1 huge undulating mass against another huge undulating mass, 10 people make 1 entity vs another entity, only then is it truly balanced, and truly a victory to be proud of.

15. Gospel

Gospel Proficient

I say the GM's choose among themselves a leader for Amsodian's and Elyos and just lead the people into battle every now and then to spark interest.

I wonder if they can access this form that the Community manager on retail does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D8vfcYWGvI

They can use that. doesn't have to be any events it just something the GM's do whenever they want. Afterall, If GM's can use there over powered Chars to spark PVP it not only helps us, but they also have tons of fun.

Happy GM's = Happy Community

16. Sapphyra

Sapphyra New Member

So, I'm brand new fresh blood to this game, and I have to agree that many Elyos players are addicted to duelling. Even at 20+, I had level 55 Sorcerers and Assassins attempting to duel me as I tried to run in Sanctum. And as I soon found out, even an accidental accept to one of these crazy offers (while trying to type to a friend) gets them leering and laughing at me as if that was an achievement. o_o;;

Honestly, I have no problem with the Asmos attacking, and love retaliating when they raid, sometimes winning, sometimes losing. But the main issue is that a lot of these high-levelled Asmodians just camp at low-level levelling places, and attack you the moment you spawn. There's no chance to even retaliate, its a complete massacre at my level.

Morale of the story is... let some new, eager players get to a higher level so we can be on par with the raiders. :p Pick on someone your own size, please.

Otherwise, you might lose all of them to the Asmodian side. xD

17. ...

... Proficient

i like the ways things r now that all i can say between the race...

18. Munchies

Munchies Proficient

Don't get your hopes up.
    After all the MMOs I've played, free or non free, private or official servers, people never look the forums.
    Why? Because people don't like to socialize, I don't know the reason, but it seems like Facebook is better than having a laugh :)

19. Autumn

Autumn Banned

The asmo that came to our side to curse at us during our raid today was amusing. :)

20. crazedwombat

crazedwombat New Member

honestly though these things start to even themselves out... because if you're really hardcore into pvp and you're "all that and a bag of crackers" it's boring being on the side that always wins.

unless you're one of these losers who talk big because you've got a group of friends nearby... or you're so severely egotistical that you can't stand the thought of losing, so you'd rather delude yourself into thinkin you're awesome when it's really everyone else around you that is.

and about the evil side camping noobs, thats because they themselves are noobs to MMOs, hence my last post..

people who have been killing players for years+ like myself don't take any entertainment from killing noobs, sure i might one shot one randomly if i just feel like it, but only REAL noobs seek out lower level prey, there's just no reward to it...

noob griefers are the same people usually that you will find dueling a lot, they can't really fight when it comes down to it, if they could it wouldn't be satisfying to kill noobs.