1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ground PvP

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by vRisen, Jul 28, 2010.

?

Should this be implemented?

1. Yes

164 vote(s)
    86.8%
  2. No

25 vote(s)
    13.2%
  1. Ravanger

Ravanger Proficient

i think we need ground pvp by cities cuz i am sick of idiots flying down elyos and asmo of most classes(cleric,sm) using there dp4000 skill and flying away and hoping for some kills if ground was there lets see them enter the city and try and run away HAHAHAHAH

2. Swiftshott

Swiftshott New Member

i am a ranger and i voted yes but you know this will not happen in Gamez and if thats what you like Crystal is your answer

3. Aegis

Aegis Guest

Crystal doesn't even have ground pvp working so that is a hard point to agree with.

Not to mention that rifting, to many retail player's, was the best and most favoured form of PvP action as the abyss and the entire flight mechanic pretty much is screwed.

If people want to keep flight PvP then go and jack in the abyss, if people want ground PvP rifting is a very viable method of getting you're jollies off while in the dirt.

Also, ground pvp = no more retard's clipping wing's to escape PvP and then popping a scroll... GOD DAMN that shit pisses me the fuck off.

4. buzzerman

buzzerman Getting there

Why?
    And if it doesn't work there, where there is no free fly, why trying to change anything here? Why don't you go on Crystal (since you seem to hate free fly) and try to get ground PvP working there, not here?:rightful:

Gamez is the fun, easy going server. Free fly everywhere, abusing it too, it can be all good (or sometimes bad) fun. As long as there is no hacking, we all have a chance at playing whatever imba class we think is most powerful given the current server configuration.

It's not like Aion's PvP was bright and balanced to begin with (a lot of imba things going on, gear being more important than skill, potion/scroll/food clickfest). On top of the weakness of the original design, many features are even more broken on these server emulators that we play on. Of course things are going to be imbalanced. Roll another class if you think it's more powerful (with free fly on), it's just easy on GamezAion.

Just stop complaining and trying to make things harder for others :)

5. vRisen

vRisen Banned

The only reason, far as I can tell, that people are voting no is because they don't think gamez will implement this. You're not helping much, are you?

All this will do is mix pvp up a little, allow more variety, instead of boring wing battle where some classes excel more than others. Honestly, I usually play on my gladiator and melee is NOT an option, it's too difficult to rush up to someone, only to have them step 2 millimeters away thus declining your short ranged skill.

I don't get it, I really don't, if you don't think this poll will change anything, then don't vote!

I think this would stop people from dueling all day too, in 99% of the duels, they are on ground, that's the PREFERRED PVP SETTING. As someone else said, the ABYSS is for aerial pvp, almost every player would benefit from this because it's 500% more fun when you can use all of your skills.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  6. buzzerman

buzzerman Getting there

You're wrong, I'm voting No because I do not want free fly to be taken away in Beluslan/Heiron, because those are also good PvE areas to level up, gather resources etc. I don't want to walk all the way for the various PvE resources in Beluslan just because some guys want to have their ground PvP arena there. Again, if you want to take free fly away from those areas go to Crystal please, that's why it is there. If you don't like it there for other reasons, take those up with the Crystal admins, don't try to ruin this server. qq there, not here :)

I'm still waiting for a good explanation from you guys who hate free fly here, why isn't ground PvP working on Crystal? Wouldn't (shouldn't) it be easier to try to make it work there, instead of asking for radical changes on GamezAion?

Disabling free fly in Beluslan/Heiron was the main reason I left Atomixro (they also did it in DP, which was really the last drop).

On the other hand, I admit that it kinda sucks for melee classes that currently there is no area dedicated to ground PvP anywhere on Gamez. Perhaps we could come up with some sort of compromise solution -- if it were technically possible to make limited areas around the lvl 50+ rifts "no-fly zones" for both races -- but the areas should be small enough to not cause any interference with PvE.

7. Diavol GR

Diavol GR Legendary Member

Well the only reason i would agree to this is because my enemies would be slightly more challenging :p so im up for that.

8. zer0patches

zer0patches Proficient

It's going to be implemented eventually anyways. :lol:

I don't really see the point of this poll. It's not going to make the dev's work any faster. 2.0 will probably be out before this gets implemented.

You can still keep free fly and have a no fly pvp zone like balurea. I don't see anyone rushing to get in on some ground pvp when it does happen... Some people that PVP will, sim'mers will not.

-zp

9. Koishi

Koishi Well-Known Member

Yeah the only reason people vote "no" is because they are to lazy.

"Gamez is the fun, easy going server. Free fly everywhere, abusing it too, it can be all good (or sometimes bad) fun. As long as there is no hacking, we all have a chance at playing whatever imba class we think is most powerful given the current server configuration."

Thats what you said, and now you are talking about the joy of PvE and stuff, GO CRYSTAL PLOX.

Crystal = PvE
    Gamez = PvP

So whats the harm in making a PvP server a better place to PvP in?
    Its so easy to make lvl 55 in Gamez, and within a week (1-2) if u play normal u can have everything maxed out and the only thing left to do is PvP.

10. Bowman

Bowman Proficient

I think PvP will be more interesting and balanced with no FreeToFly system....
    In the Abyss there IS free to fly in retial, and it is balanced. In the Asmo/Elyos locations there should be ground PvP...

11. zer0patches

zer0patches Proficient

Free fly should stay. It's one of the things that makes this server so fun. :smile:

It would be nice to have a ground pvp area. Maybe ya'll will stop with the QQ and just go hangout and duel on the ground somewhere we can't fly. :lol:

-zp

12. Accelerator

Accelerator Expert

where you see the fun?when you are next to target and you can't hit them?.i don't see any fun in this.

13. Rg9400

Rg9400 Banned

You can have free fly in abyss...honestly don't tell us we can't have our ground pvp because you want free fly EVERYWHERE...this way we both are happy, and the new maps are not even close to ready, so until then, we should have abyss be free fly, and beluslan and hieron ground so both parties are satisfied.

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

87% of people WANT it. Sorry, but you didn't understand the poll did you...LOL

14. jankop

jankop Expert

i dont think so if 87% ppl dont want it.

15. MasterShake

MasterShake Proficient

87% who posted in this thread make up less than a fraction of one percent of the players on this server, you know the thousand people who are here because they like free flight and will leave if this vocal minority gets their way. Newsflash, people leaving a server in mass is bad for said server. You thought you won a big victory with your stigma system push and you had your little poll to support you but IN REALITY just like that poll, this poll is meaningless because it DOES NOT represent the will of the main body of players on this server who like it the way it is. Proof? Look at chain skill proc and autolearn NOW. Right back where it was because the REAL majority of the players here like and want it that way. It just so happens that they do not frequent a message board to voice this but voice it they did when they found their server all changed up on them.

In closing please open your own server and make it just like you like it and please stop trying to get gamez high rate, pvp, free flight, autolearn server changed into something very few people want. Even if it happens it will be reversed in a day when 98% of the server flips out. Please stop this constant crusade to sabotage gamez into an early grave.

16. DTKmember

DTKmember New Member

ya ya, BS talking, this aint BS boy.
    3hrs IS long, i prefer 30min power lvling, oki BB

17. jankop

jankop Expert

no1 sad that he will leave if it happend.

18. cess500

cess500 Getting there

Free fly go to hell

Best pvp of aion is ground, because free fly, cleric lost servants, ranger lost traps, gladiators lost stumbles, and others skills plx no free fly anymore

19. Autumn

Autumn Banned

I don't miss my pets or traps in the air. And the poll is valueless. The 921965893756273562 other polls already gave the GMs their answer. We want free fly to stay in all maps.

20. vRisen

vRisen Banned

Shit, you couldn't have said it any better.

Let's see you make a melee class and actually "like" aerial PvP, try thinking for the sake of other players, and, instead of discouraging us here, why not stop posting? I never see you in heiron/belu anyways so how is it bothering you?

Oh, and by we, do you mean the 11%?

If you want air pvp, go to the abyss, if you want ground pvp, go anywhere else. Well, that's how it is in retail.

I can almost GUARANTEE you, if this is implemented, abyss will be dead empty for at least a week, and you won't see half the people that constantly duel all day, everyone will be fighting to get into the rifts.

To the players defending transportation issues, I'm pretty sure 20 extra seconds getting to a boss is going to kill you.

If any devs are paying attention to this thread (which I hope you are) implementing this will be one of the greatest things ever, the only proof I have that players would benefit from this, is from the poll, almost 89% of players will be "ZOMGWTF THIS IS AMAZING" for quite a while, and it's not even counting the people that don't even visit the forums.

Judging by some reactions from others, I can tell that most, if not all, suggestions don't actually make it to be implemented into the server, this is the suggestions section, why not put it to use?

I quit IA because they had shitty staff that never listened to anyone, so far, I love gamez staff, live up to the name. :)

Seriously, the players would love this.