1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Promoting an active GM and demoting the in-active GM's

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by vRisen, May 10, 2011.

?

Should we have a super-active gm?

1. Yes!

25 vote(s)
    92.6%
  2. No!

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vRisen

vRisen Banned

I don't know if it's just me, but every time I see a speedhacker and don't feel like frapsing, encoding, uploading, and filling out a report; I decide to do a //gmlist check, and never once, has there been a GM online.

Let's face it - most GM's on gamez keep the GM status just to have it, they don't feel fully obliged to actually do their work. Some GM's can't help it; they have IRL issues or they have schoolwork. If you have IRL issues and you cannot log on, you should not be a GM if you aren't going to do anything. If the staff feels that demoting a GM could do too much harm than good, make a new forum user type named, "Retired GM" or such, and let them still have access to the GM section.

I propose that Karissa re-opens the GM application form and searches for a GM (or GM's) that would be SUPER active. I'm talking about a no-lifer that would stay logged in as GM for at least 6 hours a day (no offense intended.) There are people like that - we just need to look for them.

I don't see the harm in opening a thread like this, all I want is to actually have active GM's to log on, I can't imagine many players feel any different.

P.S: I know how the community of gamez is, some players just feel that something like this is never going to get approved, and decide to vote "No." We can get anything done, we just need to stick together and fight for what is right.

P.P.S: I proposed a GM being demoted because Karissa may have a guideline she uses, and she only allows so many GM's at a time. If you feel no GM's should be demoted then say so.

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  2. snic

snic Respected Member

and again its not up to community

3. vRisen

vRisen Banned

Never said it was, however, it's is up to the community to let the staff know that something is wrong or needs changed.

4. Ekzh

Ekzh B E W I L D Forum Legend

Define "inactive GM" please.

5. Tousen

Tousen 私はアメリカーノを話すこと Forum Legend

i asked to transfer to siel. T__T

6. raintech

raintech K + K Forum Legend

Dear

Most of the times, they're in invisible state and you're just not able to see their on-line status. But almost all day long, there's an active GM in the server. Since they're very busy with in-game issues... They already have a huge list of suspicious players/legions/bugged quests/bugs/glitches to check and take counter-action...

Just when you see a simply 1 speed-hacker, they might not be onTime there... That is why you mostly can't see them.

But they are there... They maybe can't reach your speed-hacker on that time, but they're banning more dangerous players such as Dupers those ruining the rarity of every single valued item by duping and spreading them in the server.

Remember the Master Carved Corundum Glasses, they're at everywhere now. Every single player in the server has master carved item pieces... No more rarity and ruined. Which is much more important case to be handled more prio than a stupid simple speedhacker.

And et cetera... They're busy at all, just don't blame them because you saw a speed hacker... Record him and report here, help your GMs instead of this kind of thread...

//edit:
    1- Set your On-line status Invisible: Press "V" and open your Friends screen, set your status "Invisible" and you'll be insivible... Except your legion, nobody can see you nor PM you.
    2- Tousen >:mad: you're belong to us! Not Siel... Even you were kicked my lil back twice times X_X , I still like to have you with us :3
    3- This thread is "not need" to be credited.

My regards!
    Kaylara

4 people like this.
  7. vRisen

vRisen Banned

One who is not active?

In this case, a GM that is not logged in often or long enough to do GM duties.

Is there a method GM's can use to make themselves invisible to the //gmlist check?

I don't know you, but maybe you should be transferred to siel. :)

Edit:
    I can already see that some GM's are offended, let me clear something up.

If a new GM position named "Retired GM" is created, you would/should still have your fancy teleport, however, you won't have the abilities that real GM's have. If you're not using them, what will it hurt if you have it taken from you?

8. Tousen

You can make your status invisible aswell. press alt + v and change the online status to invisible.

9. vRisen

vRisen Banned

I don't get the point of a GM making his or her status invisible if they are supposed to be on helping people.

Maybe raintech is right; the invisible GM's are deleting duped items / tracking hackers. This new "super GM" would not be charged with the duty of finding and deleting duped items, this GM's job would specifically be catering to the public.

10. Tousen

there is time for answering questions,holding events,and tracking hackers,dupers,abusers.

1 person likes this.
  11. Ekzh

Im not offended. But just cause your dont see us online, doesnt mean that we are not doing our "job".

Why get invisible? To handle other things like, track a dupper, send prizes for events, follow possibles speeds without getting flood.

1 person likes this.
  12. Lucent

Lucent Ghost in the shell of a former Drama Queen Forum Legend

http://forum.gameznetwork.com/member.php/4259-AngelOfEther
    Last Activity 04-29-2011 01:04 AM

13. daax

daax - Forum Legend

What can i say...no matter how many h we "donate" for this...seems to never be enough.
    We try our best everyday catching hackers , hosting events , answering questions ig and here aswell , coping with raging ppl that just feel like insulting us because we caught their friends hacking , and many more...
    Super Active GM = non existant , know why? Because RL stuff comes first. I dont know anyone that would give up his/her life for a game.

SS - today , 1 minute after i logged. ;)

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  14. Flowkiller

Flowkiller New Member

new gms r doing that till they get so tired of all the weird ppl spamming them with crap just cuz they r gms ..
    so they kinda get pushed 2 put offline mode ... doubt some1 can take it forever 2 respond 2 all questions and requests

15. Ekzh

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Rainbow Title Forum Legend

I heard the community's opinions don't matter.

17. Flowkiller

Flowkiller New Member

lmfao " i eat the vagina of ur maam" kids r crazy :D

18. daax

daax - Forum Legend

thats just a bit of what we have to cope with...and no , im not QQ'ing , just wanted ppl to see how fun it is to be an AM because they keep flaming us w/o knowing everything.

2 people like this.
  19. raintech

raintech K + K Forum Legend

Easy to speak... As usual... For everyone...

+1 for my Daaxie :3

1 person likes this.
  20. Lucent

Lucent Ghost in the shell of a former Drama Queen Forum Legend

Thing is shes never, ever, wanted to respond to that. I don't know why. Even when I was a head-GM and someone she'd listen to more often than the average staff member, I could never get inactives fired. Alente could not, Albull could not. Its an issue that really needs to be fixed.

Also to me, inactives simply mean people who are literally inactive and theres no way of disputing it. I would never accuse someone of being inactive just because I don't see them on //gmlist, but its easy to tell that some people just aren't doing their job and have given up interest without formally leaving.

In any case, I hope things will end up changing sometime..If I had ever been in a position to choose & demote staff I swear things would be polished up, but then again I'm a hardass and I would fire half of you (just being honest, don't take offense to it - also that doesn't include most of you posting in this thread) for not meeting perfect expectations xD, but its not like I ever had that title or ever will so no reason thinking about it. Regardless of who does it, someone needs to end up manning up and firing people that aren't good enough, or that are visibly inactive, and promote those who show loyalty and dedication, immediately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.