1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ok Karissa

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by sak93, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xiderox

Xiderox Proficient

I'm hounding because I care Aegis. I cannot put my trust in something that I can't see which is updates that a person is claiming to do. If she doe's the amount of work she says she doe's it will only take about 5 seconds to post a small fragment of what she has done up to this point.

2. Cropolite

Cropolite No regrets D:

That still does not really answer his question.

Just sayin', gurl.

3. Petals

Petals Proficient

4. WhoIsKarissa

WhoIsKarissa Banned

Please keep in mind I am not attacking you.

With that said, do you realize that by posting what you have just posted in response to my questions, that has made myself and other people who I'm discussing this with (we've all done development work for l2 servers in the past) go "WTF"?

I am seriously in doubt of your qualifications in any area of programing now.

How does JSP have ANYTHING to do with developing and fixing the game server? I don't need to know how similar it is to JAVA.

And somehow you managed to sidestep all my other questions with this Sarah Palin-esque response.

I know, harsh. But I call it like I see it. This isn't you answering questions, this is you... doing something that isn't that. :unsure:

5. Gift

Gift Proficient

u sound like an angry paparazzi who just lost his job.

take a chill pill dude. the server aint going nowhere,if carl needs more devs and gms, he will get more,i seen alot of peoples posting it on his page about the work they do and that they would like a position as a dev and gms.

if karissa is a C.E O. now,then she has more rights than u do to this server. ur just a guest into their world.

carl is the owner,he decides what to do and how to do it,and u basically support his decisions since ur still here.

simple solution is that if u dont like it,u can leave.

if ur staying, MAN UP and DEAL WITH IT.

karissa will soon be explaining what she does and update us all on everything.

just my 2 cents

6. cutetanks

cutetanks Death's Secretary ♥ Forum Legend

why cant you just ip ban all those ppl from here TT~TT and get this bullshit drama over and done with...

1 person likes this.
  7. Sheytane

Sheytane Well-Known Member

This whole debate is leading nowhere, obviously.
    Also, I don't really think it's fair that we're insulting/attacking(Chlora) without him being able to defend himself.
    I'm happy that Karissa have finally taken that step to talk to the community, and it have answered alot of questions tbfh.

1 person likes this.
  8. Uzziel

Uzziel Expert

not a bad idea.

it really creates flaming and a none fruitful discussion that leads to nowhere.

pls lead the way anyhow u still hav support don't let the guys and gals down.

good luck!

9. WhoIsKarissa

WhoIsKarissa Banned

Because some of us use tor which allows for brand new IPs from all around the world. Takes about 60 seconds to restart tor and it'll reroute itself through a completely different area every time.

So while they can IP ban, it's an exercise in futility. They'd be better of spending their time doing something productive. Like maybe enabling email confirmation for new forum accounts. :kewl:

10. Wangarang

Wangarang Banned

Maintain an IRC server? You mean keep mIRC open while your computer runs? Don't kid yourself. I've 'run' many IRC channels ranging from 10 people to 1000, it's not difficult nor is it even difficult to setup. My mother could create and maintain an IRC channel and she can barely browse the internet.

You have a WoW server? You mean Carl created you a WoW server that you can dink around on with your Night Elf female and /dance with any other assorted pussy starved nerds that hang on your ditzy whims.

"I do a lot of staff work." Do you realize that makes absolutely no sense? You administrate the staff... lol. You do what? I do enjoy that you try to use 'big words' to help you out but I mean comon... that makes no sense. Haha.

You help Carl with ideas. Whoa, holy shit. Good thing you do tangible and useful things. "Hey Carl, I feel you should fix skills." "GREAT IDEA KARISSA, U SO SMRT. SHOW ME UR BOOBZ." Please, if you actually have the audacity to post that as the 'work' you do for these servers, you're a monumental joke.

Again with your administrative work. What do you do with these HeadGMs? The HeadGMs do the work, you sit there and do what? What do you mean 'admin the HeadGMs'? Stop using the word 'administrate' when you obviously have no fucking idea what it means.

You ALLOW new events? So you don't actually DO the events, you just LET a GM do the actual work? LOL, this description of the work you do gets more and more hilarious.

OH MAN, YOU LET GM'S /BAN??? Holy shit!!!!

Look Karissa, you can pretend you actually serve some sort of purpose to the grand scheme of things, or hell, even actually convince yourself of it but you have none. If you weren't here, nothing would change; nothing would be affected. You don't do anything that has to do with the progression and repair of the server's main issues.

You're simply an extra Carl keeps around so he can see some titties every now and then. He gave you some title that would keep you happy and know you wouldn't do any harm to anyone because you simply can't do anything.

Face it, you're nothing but a roadblock when it comes to things getting done because of your own moronic inflated misguided ego.

1 person likes this.
  11. Asmodaus

Asmodaus Proficient

they can just reset their IPs and be back on here again and again, unless there is a new way to block ips but i dunno

12. Kaeda

Kaeda Expert

Yeah, can also use a program... So those who can't change their ip, along with not knowing that program... they're gone for awhile.

Hopefully if they mature up, they don't have to be banned every 5 mins ;)

13. Uzziel

Uzziel Expert

ip and mac ban them i doubt if that wont work. :lol:

14. Aegis

Aegis Guest

Sweet, another post that seriously does not:

#1: Inform about issue's.

#2: Suggest any remedies to the situation.

#3: Have any speck of respect within it.

If you want change include all three of those points.

15. Kaboohze

Kaboohze New Member

Did you ever consider that 'Stressed' spelled backwards is 'Desserts' ?

16. Wangarang

Wangarang Banned

#1 - these servers have no competent a) management b) coders c) people who aren't yes men.

#2 - tell karissa to fuck off. tell carl to use his brain.

#3 - respect is earned.

17. Asmodaus

Asmodaus Proficient

+1 i like the way you think sirs xD

18. MasterShake

MasterShake Proficient

FOR REAL THOUGH!! Karissa dna Carl are being much cooler about all this than I would be. The server is up, the server is freaking JUMPIN, looks like someone giving away free weed there are so many people on, everything is working good damn well enough to play the game and enjoy it unless you are a freaking nitpicker.

Get out of peoples business and play the game, this is Aion not a senate discovery hearing. Its truly none of anyones business what any of the staff do so stop trying to be dick tracey and play the game. Or option 2 GTFO

1 person likes this.
  19. WhoIsKarissa

WhoIsKarissa Banned

Thanks for playing the internets unfortunately that's not how it works. The client has to SEND the mac address before it can be banned and that doesn't happen over normal web browsing sessions.

In fact, I can't recall if I've seen anything that can remotely pull someone's mac addy over the web.

Listen, I know she's a girl. I know you think she's probably hot. But you don't have to blindly defend people.

I'm not for or against her. I just want answers. It seems like the answers she gave displease some people. And your post doesn't really directly address anything that he said.

Not to mention, respect is earned, not just given blindly. And I am inclined to believe that she has not done anything to earn respect in that person's eyes. What has she done that's impressed you lately? I'm curious because maybe I missed something and I really would like to see all sides of the story here.

20. Gift

Gift Proficient

maybe give her a week and see what happens next?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.