1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

"Working v2.5 Items.pak" NOT Working?! SOLUTION!!!

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by unknowngst, Jul 1, 2011.

1. unknowngst

unknowngst Getting there

Ok guys, I admit I am a very absent-minded person...but I just discovered my mistake, and wish to share this with all of you, who are having problem getting that "Working v2.5 Items.pak" working :)

My 2 mistake:

1) I did NOT delete every file under "C:\Program Files\NCSoft\Aion\Data\USA\Items".
    Yup, to get it working, you need to remove every file under that folder.

Originally, there should be only 1 AND ONLY ONE file under that folder: Items.pak.
    Rename that file to "Items.pak.orig" for a backup, then put that 2 .xml file into the same folder.

My mistake was: I put that 2 .xml file into the folder WITHOUT deleting Items.pak. That's why it won't work, because the Aion program always default to Items.pak.

So, make sure there's only 2 files inside "C:\Program Files\NCSoft\Aion\Data\USA\Items":
    - client_items.xml
    - client_setitem.xml

2) There's a cc.ini under "C:\Program Files\NCSoft\Aion" folder.
    Open that file with notepad, it SHOULD show only 1 line:
    "1" for USA, "2" for Europe.

So, if your cc="1", then it will use the USA folder, otherwise if cc="2" it will use the Europe folder (which you didn't have that 2 .xml file)!

Also, if you are using a .bat file to launch your aion, you can make sure it's using USA data by adding "-cc:1" into the launch parameter.

That's all!
    Just showing my mistake in case there's some of you who also installed "Working v2.5 Items.pak" but didn't get it working :)

2. Jessica

Jessica Banned Forum Legend

Even if I rename the items.pak inside as I put the 2 xml files? Ok trying this hope it works so people in this shop can play now.

3. unknowngst

unknowngst Getting there

I renamed mine to "Items.pak.orig" (just add ".orig" at the end), and it worked, so I assume as long as it's not "Items.pak" then it should be fine :)

So, in my Items folder, there's 3 files:
    client_items.xml (220 MB)
    client_setitem.xml (92 KB)
    Items.pak.orig (2.1 MB)

...and it works :)

1 person likes this.
  4. Jessica

Jessica Banned Forum Legend

Sorry I was only able to reply now, I was in that iCafe I installed aion at and was fixing it to work items, it just needs to be scattered by an external drive so everyone can play. They were all excited.

By the way so because I didnt get to read ur reply as I left before I even read this. I deleted items.pak but made a copy of it and placed it somewhere else. Launched with only 2 xml files on items folder and it worked, my abg no longer indicates untradeable. but it crashed for some reason a sendlogclient error appeared, didnt get to read it. IDK the reason if its because of the items.pak was deleted or maybe because of RAM overload. I just hope it works, there were like 20+players wanting to play and I of course endorsed them to lumiel :) There will probably be more interested players as it is an iCafe in a populated location, near 2 shopping mall and some schools and colleges.