1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Gladiator's Debuffs vs Eva?MR?

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by unknowngst, Jul 1, 2011.

1. unknowngst

unknowngst Getting there

Ok...I am very confused right now, I asked several people in-game and get all kinda of answers, sparked some debate and people ended up calling each other noobs :D

Anyway, it seems that skills vs resists are working kinda different in Gamez/Lumiel than Retail?

My problem: I am trying to decide on the stigmas for my gladiator, BUT I need accurate information about how gladiator's skill work IN GAMEZAION LUMIEL SERVER.

Gladiators have a lot of skills that have debuffs.
    Example:

Ankle Snare (immobilize and -eva)
    Howl (-Patk)
    Skills that Holds people in air
    Skills that -Pdef
    Skills that -evasion
    Skills that -movspd
    Skills that stun
    Skills that stumble
    etc etc etc

Now, the problem is: How do I tell whether I need high Acc or MAcc for which skills?

Someone tells me that Ankle Snare depends on my Acc vs enemy's Eva; but another says that's BS and says Ankle Snare can be resisted by MR, so it's actually my MAcc vs enemy's MR...then such debates continue to Howl, then to many other glad's skill...then they started calling each other noob and I just logged out, lol. Pretty typical day, eh?

So...what's the truth? Where to check these game mechanics FOR GAMEZAION - LUMIEL?

I hope the dev who wrote the actual codes for this server can answer :p but maybe their time is better spent at debugging/adding new features, so anyone out there who has a reliable answer?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Ok...just in case I need such info for ranger and assassin (or any other class), is there a guide/list/article/website/bible that I can read for this type of information?

2. Camila

Camila Mordez Moi Forum Legend

Ankle Snare its a "spell" so if you use vs someone with high Magic Resist you will get Resisted.
    Most glad skills are based on their Accuracy BUT most debuffs (movement speed, less physical defense, less evasion, aethers hold, etc)
    depend on your magic accuracy vs your enemy magic resist.

3. unknowngst

unknowngst Getting there

Hey, thanks for the reply!

Just need to summarize a bit to make sure I understand:
    So, you are saying that,

When I fight against an enemy with high MR but low EVA:
    Assume enemy's MR = 2000 and enemy's EVA = 100;
    and assume that my MAcc = 100 and my Acc = 2000,

Then,
    1) My Ankle Snare/Howl will never land (since they don't do damage, so Acc is useless here), because enemy's MR is too high for my MAcc.
    2) My Piercing Rupture/Lock Down will hit and do proper damage (because my Acc is much higher than enemy's EVA), but enemy's won't be slowed down/immobilize because enemy's MR is too high for my MAcc. The same applies for all skills that do dmg+debuff? So the damage will all land properly, but enemy is immune to my debuffs due to much higher MR?

Damn, now I understand why MR is soo nice!!! No wonder they say cleric on high MR is invincible...

So I assume the same logic will apply for ranger and assassin?

Now I know why I sucks at PvP :p

Oh and one last question: Does the same applies to HP-draining skills? Gladiator has, like, 3 HP-draining skills...

Also, how about the other way around? I mean, what if I forget all my Acc manastone, and just stack MAcc?
    I mean, if my enemy has 4000 EVA (so I will never hit it) but has only 100 MR (assume I have 2000 MAcc), does this mean even though the physical damage didn't happen (since I can't hit it) but the debuff will still apply (coz I have much higher MAcc than enemy's MR)?
    I really need this piece of info, so that I can decide which manastone to focus on.

Thanks in advance!

4. unknowngst

unknowngst Getting there

Sorry for the bump, but I desperately need some reliable answer on this :(
    Trying to make a decision on my Glad, Ranger and Assassin stigma+manastone build.

Any veteran/dev who knows the answer, please help out, thank you!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Rainbow Title Forum Legend

I've been told on retail, glads aether hold isn't based on MR vs MA.
    Just sayin.

1 person likes this.
  6. Cazaar

Cazaar Proficient

Make a character in siel,level it up. Hit with the skill that you need to understand,and...IF evade= physical IF resist=magical effect. End of story.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Rainbow Title Forum Legend

^This.
    Excellent idea sir.

8. Cazaar

Cazaar Proficient

Ty :p

9. unknowngst

unknowngst Getting there

So...nobody knows huh? Interesting...I thought this server has been around for quite sometime XD

Siel...hmm...how long does it take to level a character to 55 and learn all stigmas?