1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Free Fly Users vs Non-Free Fly Users

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by redcox, Jul 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redcox

redcox Proficient

So here's the thing.

Those that have managed to enabled the free fly option can bypass the flight barriers in some areas such as the flight area in Inggison, Gelkmaros, etc...

Now we have plenty of players that do not know how to enable the free fly option and during a fight in those areas, they're bound to the limit and they usually get killed easily, they're being "exploited" by those that have the option available.

Since the barriers are SUPPOSED to be there, many are considering this as an exploit but we know that are are given the option to enable it so at the same time it's not an exploit.

I'd like for a GM to clarify what a player is to do in this case.

I know it's posted in the forum how to enable free fly but not all the players come to the forums or even have forum accounts. This "fix" should be posted on the main site gamezaion.com.

I also think that when a player creates a game account, they should forced to create a forum account and make at least one post. so they get to know more of the forum.

3 people like this.
  2. ShadowaY

ShadowaY ¤ Forum Legend

I tested all files of the forum, has thousands, instead of having one post thousands, so you never know what really works
    But well, all none worked for me, I tried to do manually and nothing
    continued without working
    I think I should not have free fly has to be the game for what it is to be, I hate this edits

3. jj011185

jj011185 (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ © Forum Legend

i agree on this, like my self who tried all to enable the free fly but to no avail, this should have been GAMEZ responsibility to make sure it is working for everyone, now it's being exploited by noobs and I see staff announcing in game that it's an exploit but more action should be done.

4. redcox

redcox Proficient

The easiest way to do this is by downgrading to 2.5.0.3 and you can make it work thru the console. Unfortunately once again, not too many people know how to downgrade or even like to downgrade. Anyone with 2.5.0.3 can do the free fly thing and other nifty things that you can do with the console. like the field of view enhancement.

5. Flooch

Flooch Proficient

with all the patches i cant even fly on ishalgen/poeta......
    /sadface

6. vRisen

vRisen Banned

The free-fly launcher can't be abused like that, if someone attacks you from the air and you're on the ground, they're hacking.

It seems that your wings disappear differently in certain areas, but if you stay above the ground above 500+ meters, you won't lose wings.

If you go < 500 meters; wings drop.

Also, if you use the freefly launcher, you can only fly outside of a fly area if you were already flying in a freefly area, and you're really high up. TL;DR: You can't randomly open up your wings in a no free-fly area.

7. Elysios

Elysios New Member

Free fly it's plain stupid.. just ruins every ground level fight.. everyone knows that fights in the air are more crazy and random.. but in the ground are more strategic and more fun.

Free fly should be an exploit because bypass the limits and rules of the game ( like the gates of Balaurea )

8. ShadowaY

ShadowaY ¤ Forum Legend

I agree 100%
    And pvp in air for cleric and sin is really suxed

9. jj011185

jj011185 (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ © Forum Legend

i have a 2.5.0.3 client and was never downgraded, maybe it only works if you update to 2.5.0.4 then downgrade it. and still in never worked.

10. Adagio

Adagio New Member

need some help here >.>
    err i have 2.5.0.3, (even DLed the 0.3 downgrade patch) yet i couldnt make it, do i missed somethin ehhh
    btw, somehow i cant open teh in-game console @_@

yes im sure mine is 2.5.0.3

11. Ladien

Ladien The Last Karate Baby

:< free fly. unfairrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

12. JayCrow

JayCrow Few crows short of murder

Only needed free fly for Ishalgen, Altgard.. Morheim didn't hurt either... But do I spend so much time there that it matters? Nope.. I can fly in abyss to pvp, if I wish to do so. I stay on the ground in gelk/ing.. Have I even really noticed that my free fly isn't working? Nope!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.