1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Is man one of God's blunders? Or is God one of man's blunders?

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by snic, Jul 18, 2011.

1. snic

snic Respected Member

no trolling/flaming. This quote really caught my eye and whole day i've been thinking on this, what's your ideas?

2. The Ablazed

The Ablazed Banned

We were made in his image so both \o/

3. Choii

Choii Proficient

i love this full-of-sense threads xD
    We were created by god? God was created by us ?

Simply answer: We are God.

4. The Ablazed

The Ablazed Banned

Gods don't die unless you mean "we" as in a collective race....even then gods should be considered perfect beings which we're definitely not.

5. snic

snic Respected Member

actually this will be the fight between religious and atheists people. as for me, i am religious but honestly now i have some doubts in the god existence

6. Gracie

Gracie Banned

I used to be atheist, but eventually said f it and went agnostic. But I'll agree with Ablazed's post.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Rainbow Title Forum Legend

In my opinion, religion has always been something to keep people in line through fear. The basis of ANY religion basically states "Be a good person or you'll be punished in some way". Christianity for example, if you do bad things and don't repent and accept god, you're going to hell. Granted even Christians do terrible things but look at it this way, how many people in the world are ridiculously devote Christians? They try and lead the perfect life out of fear of being condemned to hell.

8. snic

snic Respected Member

i dont believe in hell, nor in devils. its right that religion has some restriction and it prohibits people from doing bad things, but overlook the history. how much blood has been spilled just to save religion? is it really what god wants? why life hurts so bad and why we should go into all these burdens of life, just to get through heaven? what makes everything doubtful, is that fact, that i've never seen anyone dead and revived back to life, and telling story what other side was like. thats why nietsche asked
    Is man one of God's blunders? Or is God one of man's blunders?

9. D34th_Bull3t

D34th_Bull3t Banned

We are all small Gods of our own small worlds.

Imagine that you and your lover. You create your own world with your own rules. You are the Gods in that world. This world exists only for you two. All the rest people are just invading and living in your world for a certain time. People like your friends. Your family. This world can become as big/ or small as only you two want. Only you two can control it.

1 person likes this.
  10. snic

snic Respected Member

so people with lost faith, are not gods anymore?

11. Dranzell

Dranzell Banned

Easy. We invented god, not vice-versa. Too lazy to explain it, someone else will do it. *waits for dmxacustom*

1 person likes this.
  12. D34th_Bull3t

D34th_Bull3t Banned

We are Gods of our own world. But. When we meet someone. We merge our worlds because our old one. Seems to be empty without the existance of our lover in it.

I agree with you.

I could make a long post. Where I would be explaining why and how this is right. Instead of posting a long. Big. Wall of text. I would suggest you to read a book.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/30666267/Alper-Matthew-The-God-Part-of-the-Brain

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  13. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

God is one of mans blunders, the idea that god was created upon was that people needed a guided sense of morals, or else we'd all be lawless and have no reason not to just kill eachother off. But, at the same time how many wars have been fought over religious reasons, or how many people have been killed in the name of any god? These things can't be defended by saying "those people were tempted by the devil" because even the devil is a creation of man, or 'god' if you will, because if we're all made in his image, then the devil would also be. In the past maybe these moral values may have been needed to justify existance or to remove fear from peoples hearts, but in todays world we've grown more enlightened, in that we don't need these sense of morals, what we need is progression, we don't need gods anymore. If any god does really exist, he'd have to be the most cynical person ever, and to call him perfect when jealousy itself is an imperfection seems a bit absent minded. Of course, you can take this all as opinion, but I'm more than willing to back up everything I say =p

(Posted on your facebook first, but noticed you had a thread here so just copy/pasting lol)

4 people like this.
  14. Anonymous

Anonymous Rainbow Title Forum Legend

Who're you
    <3

1 person likes this.
  15. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

Just a random stranger. :]

16. snic

snic Respected Member

that's what i am saying, if you are missing the one you love in your life and depression has moved you to the side to commit a suicide, then how it comes that we are god? god is known as infinite creature who is capable of doing everything. if we are not able to control our movements, how are we supposed to be called gods?

17. Dranzell

Dranzell Banned

Thanks for explaining this for me. <3 Agree with most of it.

1 person likes this.
  18. Choii

Choii Proficient

guys... not wanting to fight you or the religions... but...
    who here has really got a conversation with god ?
    who's got to know all it's secrets ?
    who said that god don't die?
    who said that god can judge us?
    who said that we, in any time, could judge each other ?
    who made you believe in alot a lies ?
    evidences of everything are here. since aliens till demons... but... we just really need to be afraid of ouserlves and of what we can do.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  19. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

I wouldn't say that we're gods, we're no better then any of the other living beings that inhabit this planet, just we're the ones who 'control' it because we have a higher thought process than most others, or atleast the ability to create anyways. Now, if god did exist, he could choose to take his own existence away, much like we could kill ourselves. The choice is always there, depression isn't what causes you to kill yourself, but that you chose not to be strong to get over the issue, or to somehow deal with it any other way then to take your own life. Things can be hard for everyone, and sometimes really terrible things do happen that can shake your whole being, but your life is the most important thing you have, and you should never weigh anything more than yourself.. not to say, you should be selfish to only save yourself, in a time of crisis, of course you should try to save those you care about, but in your own little world you create, your life is always the most important. I suppose in a sense, that does make you a god.. your own.

20. Choii

Choii Proficient

seeing and hearing what people think about God (ability to do everything and other things too) i realized that, people are no looking for a god. They are looking for a hero.

"Someone told meLove would all save us
    But, how can that be
    Look what love gave us

A world full of killing
    And blood spilling
    That world never came

And they say
    That a hero could save us
    I'm not gonna stand here and wait
    I'll hold on to the wings of the eagles
    Watch as we all fly away"