1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Project: FPA [Fair PvP Awareness]

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by vRisen, Sep 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unearth

Unearth Proficient

I'll only quote part of this post because it's huge but I have to say that this is probably one of the most truthful (no pun intended) posts I've read on these forums amongst all the garbage that usually gets posted here.

2. PoiZoN

PoiZoN while(troll) {++infract;}

I'd rather make a duel-like thingie.For example, the players meet.X sends Y /raceduel (this command doesn't exist but it could be made) and if Y accepts, both players become neutral, meaning that they cannot attack any other enemy, neither they can attack him.So, X can only attack Y.X and Y can't attack any other member of the opposing faction until X or Y dies.

3. Phrostytute

Phrostytute New Member

lol i wish it would happen, Id run around all day, but sadly you wont get everyone to accept it, till then I keeel all red dots ><

4. Dranzell

Dranzell Banned

Don't worry, if the guy from the zerg seems to be losing, you'll die because the zerg will attack you.

5. Phrostytute

Phrostytute New Member

yup............
    /10

6. Fantaros

Fantaros Banned Forum Legend

I don't think zergers in ing-gelk will do that

7. Hitaki

Hitaki â™”Gracie's Knight Forum Legend

I remember this on retail. It's a great idea, but it wont work to well.
    I know that personally, I don't pay attention to chat, especially if I'm in a group and we're all on vent. Chat is irrelevant to me.

8. Malleus

Malleus New Member

What you need to realize is that if 12 people are chasing 1, if it actually takes a + popping up over someone's head for you to realize 'hey maybe this guy wants a fair fight..', you're playing the wrong game.

I don't mean to sound hostile, and I don't particularly like to be on the winning side of a zerg, much less the guy that's getting zerged... but zergs happen defensively because 1) someone got killed, called for help, and a dozen bored asmos/elyos poured in because they got nothing better to do...and they don't care how many + signs you type while you run; or 2) they're part of the steamroller and in their quest to lure officers they smash any reds they see....and, they also won't care about your + sign.

Let's be honest, fair fights don't really happen in Aion. Also that whole +/1 thing is rarely, and I mean rarely honored in retail (I left a few 50s and a 55 on retail to play here). Most people think you're just fatfingering your keyboard while you call backup; the few that did read aionsource/official forums, really didn't care.

tldr: Zergs happen, it's annoying, but in a game where you've basically got nothing better to do than sit around and wait for the enemy to show up, it's gonna happen.

EDIT: Honestly an effective way to fix zerging would be re-enabling various loot tables to how it was months ago; remember farming elder gear in the core? Put that back, it gives newbies a place they can farm for some starter gear and sell extras for startup kinah, gives people a place to farm ench stones reliably, would put a little life back into our economy (broker), and would spread the population out so everyone's not standing around in Beluslan/Heiron waiting to gangbang someone. Yeah the core would then see lots of zerg action happening, it's unavoidable, but would lead to more dynamic 'world' pvp in Heiron and Beluslan.

My 2 kinah.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  9. Shunko

Shunko Expert

Probably not but the servers pvp would increase significantly if they did

10. Raptorz

Raptorz Legendary

+1 for 1v1 pvp.

11. vRisen

vRisen Banned

I didn't say I was the first suggesting it. =P

Just raising awareness here.

Nothing to be implemented. ;)

The day you come up with an insult that doesn't have anything along the lines of, "HEY NOOB@! STOP QQING AND UNSINTALL AION LOLLLOLOLOL," or "WY DONT U UNINSTAL AION U STUPID NOOB," or "HHEY STUPID NOOB! FIND ANOTHET GAM BECUZ I DONT LIKE REDING YOUR STUPID THREDS LOLOL;" is the day I'll take your post seriously.

Honestly, what the **** are you hoping to accomplish posting that?

I agree. I'm just hoping a small percentage will be able to understand it. If a small percentage understands it, they could preach it to their legion and so on. Eventually, it would be general that you don't give an opponent an unfair advantage (only in some cases.)

That would be cool. Watching two people fight in the middle of a zerg while they are watching.. not a bad idea at all, IMO.

I wish. Haha.

12. Fibre

Fibre Proficient

+1 to fair pvp.. not really need to be 1on1.. but some amount where other have even change to do something.. anything 1 vs 1-6 the player who solo have some chance to do something.. maybe not kill them, but not get face stumbed by 20 ppls while be stumbled 24/7 by glads/chanters and temps

1 person likes this.
  13. Malleus

Malleus New Member

That wasn't an insult, it's common sense. Allow me to rephrase: If you are one of twelve people chasing ONE enemy around, it should have occurred to you a loooooong time ago that perhaps this one guy does not want to get ganbanged by 12 enemies. It doesn't matter what class he is or how good is gear is; this situation happens a hundred times a day and it should not take a + popping up over his head to flip on your 'fair play' switch. Regardless, by the time this lone runner gets the + / 1 typed, the 12 people chasing him don't really care if he wants a 1v1 because they've already been chasing him for however long, burned cds/scrolls, and want his head.

Don't be butthurt or feel insulted just because your idea won't work. I'm not saying it's a bad idea; it's honorable and fair, but it's also never going to happen as a serverwide agreement.

It would spread the populations of both sides out and give them something to do other than group up in hot spots in Balaurea/Beluslan/Heiron waiting for someone to mark an enemy sighting...which has everything to do with zerging.

14. blkmoon78

blkmoon78 New Member

Hopefully 2.7 will give everybody what they want, the zergies will continue zerging and those who want a smaller combat system will do the pvp arena in EC.

15. asmo442

asmo442 Proficient

If you want the fair pvp you ask about a system already exists to deal with that. Hide in town and /duel. Guaranteed way to get a 1v1 that you consider fair.

For real men, strap on your guns and make friends. Far to many guilds out there with 1 or 2 people in them and in an mmo that means your gonna die. Go out and fight in a group.

The rest of you, looking for that 1v1, just turn to the guy next to you (we know your hiding in town already with the rest of the cowards) and /duel. Chances are they will listen to all your RULES about how you think pvp should be done. Let the men walk the battlefields and you hide in the kitchen like a good little wife.

16. Jessica

Jessica Banned Forum Legend

There ya go boys and girls >.>

17. helssing05

helssing05 Expert

I don't even know you but I hate you so very much D:. A zerger macho-man who can't solo pvp, pft, you're sad. Wanna see you handle a 1v1 or a 1v4 when your group / zerg dies .
    Of course we should pvp in group, but not always. it's so sad when a group of 5 or 6 starts to chase ONE SINGLE person during 20mins then spam Noob. Congratz if you PVP in group / Zergs, you're an awesome pvper.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
    2 people like this.
  18. helssing05

helssing05 Expert

The arena will be so cool :OOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Too bad Gamez kids/Retarded , mental people will screw it in a matter of weeks :(

19. TrueSeph

TrueSeph Proficient

Problem is you're are indirectly trying to label or establish ground rules in PvP within a game that supports and intended large scale fights. You're basically saying "Man it's so unfair to be getting killed by a group or larger group when all I really want as a 1 vs 1 because it's a true test of skill".

The only real rule to Aion PvP. Zero life ='s You Lose, Life Remaining ='s You win. Plain and simple, it doesn't matter how its done, and their is no better or worse way of PvPing (Because you seem to harken to 1v1 and have such a distaste for large scale fights because you wouldn't be posting "awareness" for this if you didn't mind it ) so long as its within the intended confines of what the game allows.

Applied to group PvP in what way? So you're saying if I'm in a 6 group squad and if I see an Asmo and he/she spams +1 that we should all stop running, decide 1st player -> "Hey, who's going to fight him/her?" 2nd player -> "Umm, lets see here, well, maybe I should fight because I'm a Glad and he's a Glad, so we'll see who's better." 3rd player -> "Naw, I want to fight him, because I'm a templar and Temp vs Glad ='s Uber goodness." 4th Player --> "No, I'm a Sin I want to test my skills!" 5th player --> "Wait, but I'm a cleric, I want to try my fights against a Glad".

During this whole deciding factor the Asmo could be running away, calling out to his/her friends or running back to his/her group, or they may possibly sit there. Who knows, but the point is and I'm sorry to say, that is just absolutely ridiculous. Not only is this time consuming but completely puts the pace of the game at turtle speed simply to make for Fair 1v1 matches in a game that intentionally allows for more then 1v1 matches to occur.

This would also cause more problems then good, because remember, that I may be with a 2-3 squad group at Gelk, however the possibility of meeting other players of the same race doing the same thing is also highly plausible. If you see a red square you really think we'll all go "Wait, that Asmo's pressing +1, hold on, lets pick and choose who fights him/her!".

That's so completely off based and unrealistic and not only that, so demanding simply for the purpose of honor fights. Aion was a game not intended for fair fights, whether in zergs, or in group fights or for whatever reasons.

20. Dgone

Dgone Proficient

who wouldnt want fair pvp? definetly +1
    But look on the other side.Even tho theres a zerg and you say + they still wont listen and kill you in a matter of seconds...and even tho you say + when its a 3-1...or even a 2-1...MOST OF THEM still leeroy in you with all their buffs on...im just saying that...maybe 20% of the server in PVP will respect that but hey..its better than nothing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.