1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Server's down? Stop crying, read this!

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by ghostlimb, Aug 12, 2010.

1. ghostlimb

ghostlimb New Member

It seems that many of you here can't manage your time well and get very bored and angry when the server is down. I have made a list of some things you can do online & offline while waiting for the server to be fixed other than sitting on here rifling through threads and posting mindlessly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Bathe your body. Make a sandwich. Consume it. You'll feel better.

2. Play another game. Steam gives you TONS of games to choose and buy.

Download Steam: http://www.steampowered.com/

If paying for Steam games isn't for you, PM me on the forums, I'll help you ;)

Learn a programming language. It might sound boring but programmers are and will continue to become more and more in demand as the years pass. The world is run by computers, become a part of it by learning to program one. Besides, this server is run by CODE. If you hate how the server goes down, learn to code and maybe some day become a dev. You can take matters into your own hands and help this server live on.

4. Watch a movie. It can be from your personal DVD collection or somewhere online.

A great site is http://www.stagevu.com/
    It uses the DivX Web Player and gives excellent quality and connection.

Another method is using Torrents.
    http://www.utorrent.com/ & http://www.thepiratebay.org/ will help you.

5. Talk to admins. Get the scoop on the server, let them know you're supportive, but DON'T be annoying.

Example, "OMG hey GM ur best can i have many kinahs i help with server!!!!" "GM PLSSSS ANSWER" "WOW FUCK GM FUCKIN GM PLSSSSSSSS WOWWW"

6. Make things in Photoshop. If you've never used it, it may be confusing but there's tutorials online that will get you started. You can make your own graphics such as the avatars and sigs you see all over these forums.

Use the Torrent method in step 4 to download Photoshop.

Visit the following link once you have installed PS to get started.
    http://www.good-tutorials.com/tutorials/photoshop

If you're still confused you can PM me or scroll down to see my Xfire username, I've used Photoshop for years and can help you.

7. LISTEN TO MUSIC!!!! I can't say that enough. Music is the greatest invention ever, spend some time finding new artists of your favorite genre. It's rewarding when you find something great that you've never heard.

A simple way of doing this is visiting http://www.last.fm/
    Search one of your favorite artists. When you visit their Last.fm page, you will see 'Similar Artists' about half way down the page. Look through them, find ones you like and buy their albums.

7a. WRITE music. Whether you play guitar, drums, or a MIDI keyboard, ANYONE can make music. Get creative and have fun.

8. Upgrade your PC. This is not an instant process obviously but if you have some extra money and are looking for a performance boost, upgrading your PC is an excellent idea. Learn of the hardware you have currently installed, and find a suitable upgrade.

To this day there is no better site for hardware than NewEgg. Visit http://www.newegg.com/ for the cheapest prices and fastest, most reliable delivery for computer parts.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guess what, I just relieved my boredom by creating a guide on how YOU can relieve your boredom. See how easy it is?

I didn't want to make this part of the list because it's more a suggestion than a boredom reliever really, but i recommend everyone downloads Xfire if they haven't already. It's a great tool for PC gamers that allows you to chat with your friends while in game. Yes, you can open the IM window without minimizing Aion. I know, another tool to keep you glued to your screen, cool right?

Download Xfire: http://www.xfire.com/

ANY QUESTIONS? COMMENTS? SUGGESTIONS?
    Leave them here.
    YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE TO THIS LIST!
    Help the poor souls of Gamez relieve their boredom induced mania. Post your favorite things to do while bored and I'll add them in, let's make this a giant list.

If you downloaded Xfire, you can feel free to add me @ dsxfate for whatever reason you feel necessary.

4 people like this.
  2. chicotte

chicotte Well-Known Member Forum Legend

lol at the watching your personal collection

3. maneta

maneta Lesbian Forum Legend

Good sujections although mentioning here torrent sites same as torrent programs isnt allowed even behing a forum of a private server.

But yes good sujections.

4. Vitiate

Vitiate Banned

LAWL you rawk man ! Very useful topic. Hope all the people with the attention span of a squirrel on crack read this to aid in their obvious "withdraw" symptoms XD

5. RabidAnus

RabidAnus New Member

hahahah. funny how some people actually need to be told how to enjoy themselves

6. ghostlimb

ghostlimb New Member

lol, didn't mean it like that, but however "personal" you make it isn't up to me... :wink:

i thought about that, figured it may be a problem... if it needs to be removed then a mod can edit it out

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  7. LeftAlone

LeftAlone Getting there

It really is funny how some people NEED these topics (No Offence to the poster) It just amuses me.

8. huki

huki New Member

lols! number 5 was funny

9. maneta

maneta Lesbian Forum Legend

Well a large scale of ppl playing the server as low creativity or they are focus minded on it, and when the server crashes the only thing that comes to his minds is flaming the forum.

So its a helpfull thread.

10. ghostlimb

ghostlimb New Member

none taken! i feel the same way. after reading some of the whiny posts in the server crash thread i felt pretty much compelled to make this

PS: +1 to your avatar:w00t:

11. Chibita

Chibita Proficient

Well, I can manage my time pretty well I guess. Though when I have 2, 3 hours of free time (that's the time I can use for playing Aion), usually before/after work I get annoyed when I'm unable to log.

I'm done with being no-life type of a player. Got work, girlfriend, friends and tons of other things to do. Yet when I find a time to log server shows me middle finger.

It's not about doing something else instead of playing Aion but about being able to play whenever you can/need/want. When I couldn't log I've launched xbox and got some entertainment. Simple as this.

To sum up. I wasn't able to log for last few days just for those 2 hours I could spend because someone didn't give a sh*t bout the server.

12. zweistein

zweistein Proficient

server down?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

=D