1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Slain archon's makes my character Invisible?

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Mslobster, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Mslobster

Mslobster New Member

Kinda dissapointed when I bought my slain Archon's for remodeling, only to find that it made the respective body part invisible. I know this isn't supposed to happen, so any suggestions?

2. Autumn

Autumn Banned

I'm told it's a client issue. Which gamez can't patch. Though I don't really understand why it's a client issue, when it displays fine on retail...

3. Vtlegend

Vtlegend Expert

What class are you? well either way If your partly invisible just use it to your advantage against the opposing race!

Im kidding I doubt gms will like you abusing the glitch

but goodluck to ya

4. Mslobster

Mslobster New Member

Class is female ranger.
    And yeah, I could use it in pvp! *insert weird floating head with huge blue bow here*

5. tyman

tyman Well-Known Member

from what iv heard, the armor skin is missing from the database, which makes it invisible to ppl

6. Assumptio

Assumptio Banned

Okay, I'm surprised no one has figured this out as its pretty obvious. So allow me to shed light on your 'glitch' (which isn't a glitch at all).

First of all lets start with the basics:

There are item skins that exist in the game for the pure and sole purpose of remodeling.
    for example, the elyos get a level 30 skin set.
    "Slain Archon's ___"

The Asmodians get a level 30 skin set as well.
    "Slain Guardian's ___"

The reason why this set would show up as 'invisible' on someone, is only one reason: You're trying to wear slain Archon gear on an Archon (asmodian), or you're trying to wear slain Guardian gear on a Guardian (Elyos).

"Why would that cause the armor to show up as invisible though?"

Well the reason it would show up as invisible is because in retail Slain Archon is only available to elyos. It is 100% impossible to obtain on an asmodian; the reverse is true for Slain Guardian gear.

"I don't understand."

Easy. Every item in game has two skins to it. Depending on the race that wears the item, you'll either see the Asmodian or Elyos version of that item's skin.

"Okay, that makes sense, I've noticed the same item looks different depending on which alt I wear it on, but I still don't know why it would show up as invisible."

Once again, simple: Since Slain Archon is supposed to be 100% impossible to obtain on an asmodian character, none of those skins have an asmodian variant, hence the game displays "clear" or invisible armor. The reverse is true for Slain Guardian gear showing up as invisible on an Elyos.

However, you'll notice, Archon gear shows up as Asmodian skin on an Elyos (because Archons are Asmodians, duh) and Guardian gear shows up as an Elyos skin on Asmodians (because guardians are Elyos)

Oh, by the way: Yes, there is a level 50 variation to these armor skins, but they're sold by NPCs in a certain instance dungeon.

I hope this helps.

7. Mslobster

Mslobster New Member

Assumptio, while your help is appreciated, I'm and Elyos Trying to wear Slain Archon's.
    And no its not your fault, I don't think I said I was elyos.

8. Assumptio

Assumptio Banned

While on my Elyos character, I've seen a lot of people wearing slain archon skins (plate and leather usually), and they're showing up proper and fine.

The problem might just be your game.

But my previous post still stands, for everyone else wondering why armor would show up as clear/invisible. :)

9. jazzal

jazzal Proficient

now thats where the item.pak file kicks in.