1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Why sorc's are for 10 year olds

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by vRisen, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Diavol GR

Diavol GR Legendary Member

No dude. Its those that die so easy that are 10yr olds. Take Your Whines to your Grave retard! Stop trying to nerf sorcerers. Learn how to play to manage to kill them.
    Sorcerers are a god damn hard class to play and pvp with.
    But noobs like you cant understand that ofc.

2. Mercykiller

Mercykiller Well-Known Member

Speaking of biased arguments and whining...
    Sorcs are only hard to play with in that you have to remember 2 things.

1)When fighting a melee class, keep your distance.
    2)If you get silenced, you're dead

OMG SO DIFFICULT.

What's really stupid about this topic is the entire spamming of "Lrn2play". A class that can 1HKO 6 People with its DP skill is not defeated just by "Learning 2 play".

Oh, and don't worry. They're not going to nerf your precious sorcerers. Though from all the QQ about this in general I'd have to say it's the sorcerers who need to learn to play. You will openly admit that your class can 1HKO TANKS, but you will start insulting anyone and everyone who suggests that their damage be taken down a notch...

Oh, and, pro tip: If you have thousands of kills on your sorc, and your other classes barely have 10% of those kills, Lrn2play.

3. Snorfiets

Snorfiets New Member

:L Epic funnies.

4. Peinx3

Peinx3 Expert

Every game got a somewhat overpowered class , you really don't need to call people names because of that , it just shows how mentally unevolved you are .

5. Framboise

Framboise Expert Forum Legend

The sorc's damage is perfectly fine - You're going up against end-game geared sorc's here, so i find the damage perfectly normal.
    The fact that you find ''OP'' that a sorc 1hKO a ''tank'' ( Talking about glad & templar here - right?) just confirms how stupid most of your arguments are, A tank is just what it's name is, A plain tank. I have Never known a game on which a ''tank's'' week point isn't magic, in this case a sorc.

There are way's to get around a sorc's burst, at least the one's thrown at you by a ''/faceroll sorc''. It's Called M.res manastones :eek: (Woha, amazing name right?)

I know 90% of the server doesn't know how to play sorc' & just think's it's a dps class. But that's why the only way they could win a 3v1 is by using BoQ etc... which is completely unskilled.
    NCsoft designed sorc's to be a CC oriented class, But that wasn't enough to compensate for the weak armor, So they added big DD's.

You don't directly insult sorc's here - But I feel very insulted by some ragebot that can't find way's to kill a sorc, so he has to come here and spend his rage on a thread made by somebody who actually has a sorcerer IG.. ( If i'm not mistaken vRisen.).

Not one class here hasn't beaten me yet. Ofc People who just spamm random skills will never, But i've known glad's, Templar's, Sin's to beat me. Wanna know why? Because they're good.

On retail the only problem was the sorc's Low level nuking & the HL DP skills. Over there, ofc nearly everybody has different gear, that play's a lot; But also people have been playing there toons since LvL1 - So they know exactly what the f'ck they're doing. Each class has a weak point - Just that with Full stigma build's here, It increases those weak points, & create's others.

1 person likes this.
  6. Mercykiller

Aegis was the first to dish out insults tbh, just read through the first page. Before he posted all anyone said was that Sorcs were OP'ed and easy to play...

And there is a MAJOR difference between "A slightly overpowered class" and "A class than can 1HKO anything from tanks to groups of up to 6 players"

7. Peinx3

Peinx3 Expert

I wasn't particulary responding to you , it's just that people (starting from the 1. page) are rage typing just because they get 1hKO , I didn't played a sorc yet but I'm sure there are some ways to kill them and as i said , it's the choice of the people to play whatever class they want .There are always some classes which are overpowered in MMO but that's not the fault of the people who play those.

8. NP215

NP215 New Member

You have never played final fantasy 11 then lol

9. Mercykiller

This the first time I heard that a tanking class, which is supposed to take abuse of all forms in order to protect the squishy members of the group, has a weakness to magic. A tank's only weakness is the lack of damage. Having a class that can 1 hit kill a tank completely defeats the purpose of the class, and ruins any sense of balance the game has...

And let's ignore this major lack of logic for a second and assume you're right. At the end of the day, weakness =/= 1hit kill. Try that shit on retail. I'm guessing you'll have problems pulling it off on a tank 10 levels lower than you, let alone on a templar that's a lvl 55 like you...

Oh, and, glads aren't the tanks in this game. The true tanks are the templars.

Here's a suggestion: Go back to retail where this argument is valid. Full M.Resist doesn't do shit here unless you're a Chanter. Try playing a class other than Sorc before you tell people how to play their class, okay?

You've said yourself how overpowered Sorcs are. They are a CC class and they deal THE LARGEST DPS IN THE GAME. That's about as balance breaking as it gets...

vRisen didn't insult anyone. He pointed out how easy sorcs are to play, Aegis is the one who came in bragging that he "1 hit kills people who are idiots QQQQQQ durr hurr." If anyone is responsible for all the "Socs are mained by immature assholes" posts in this topic, he is.

This is the point where I go "WTF? No one said that sorcs are unbeatable, just that they're overpowered"

The amount of strong points a sorc has by far outweighs the amount of alleged "weakpoints". Tt is overpowered, balance breaking, and if you agree with me then the "pros" who main sorcs will just call you a noob, tell you to "QQ", and to learn how to play YOUR class...

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  10. Framboise

I actually Lol'd.
    I think i've played retail enough - To know what shit i'm talking about, it's true that since chinease beta's i've only played sorc - I admit, I'm a noob when it comes to play anything else.
    On retail they nerfed Sorc's 4K dp skills. And i'm happy they did, They are OP.
    Having a Sorc With full stigma tree's make's it OP - So does nearly every other class, You just notice it a lot more with a sorc.

I have not told anybody How to play there class, Just to figure out way's to beat what seems the ''most OP class because it does High damage''. Seriously, This thread is going to go Round & Round & round etc...

To you - My arguments are worthless, To me your's mostly are, True that i agree with quite a few of them.

Getting rid of Full stigma builds & 100% proc rate would Balance out a sh't load of things.

Making a QQ post that Sorc's are easy to play or w/e doesn't solve a thing, The damage is what it is, we are NOT the highest DPS dealer IG - And for that i don't give a Shit what arguments you can come up with, A ranger has a higher DPS rate than a sorc. You talk of retail as if you played there - If you did, You would know that a Sorc is never taken in PvEvP groups for it's DPS - Unless there's another sorc that does the CC'ing. You just don't come in to a fight randomly & start spamming High DD's - End of story.

You just Can't talk about weak & strong points on a server that, yet again i will say this, Has :
    -Full stigma builds
    -100%proc rates
    - Necesary skills broken.

It really get's on my nerve's that, Sorc's have to stick up with a lot of Bullsh't from whiner's that only see what they like to see.

I'm defending a lost cause - But i'll do it because i love my class ><'

11. Mercykiller

I never said you don't know wtf you're talking about. I'm merely pointing out that this is, essentially, an entirely different game from retail. And stigmas are less of a problem than the 100% proc rates, DP skills aren't nerfed for sorcs, etc. And like it or not, Sorcs DO deal the highest damage on this game. The DPS might not be the highest, you're right plenty of other classes do better DPS, but not by much.

Btw, suggesting I socket M.Resists on my templar IS the same thing as telling me I can't play my class...

All I can say is that a sorc can stun you, root you, send you to sleep, kill you, and your party members, with 1 skill...
    It is hilariously overpowered and anyone who thinks PvP is balanced atm, or even worse thinks Sorcs are the underdogs because they're squishy, really needs to go eat a bullet...

12. ryang

ryang Banned

Sorcs are OP due to the messed up mechanics the put into the server. Glads are OP due to the massive amount of bugs. Rangers are OP for being able to break the atk speed cap. etc, etc. The pvp in this game is messed the hell up. If they ever decide to fix the RnG, gladis and rangers will gain even more.

13. Framboise

+Billgates money on the last part (About the Bullet ;) )

I didn't mean to suggest you anything - Your problem. I'm just saying that there are way's of getting around a sorc's burst ( In this case - M.res.)

sorc's do deal the highest damage in the game - true, ( I don't really see my cleric pulling out a 17k now ..)

14. Mercykiller

Like I said, socketing M.Resist on anything which isn't a chanter is a waste of time, sockets, and stones.

15. Cyrodiil

Cyrodiil New Member

@Framboise: The flaw in your argument is you are stuck in retail. This isn't retail, by any means. Nowhere near retail. Sorc could NEVER deal 17k on retail, no matter what you're stacking/what your opponent is stacking. The simple fact that a sorc can hit 3-5 buttons (at least asmo sorcs, but really who playes elyos sorc? (ololol)) and kill a templar with full buffs up with around 13~16k hp and kill it with no problem at all, makes it op.

|:

16. ryang

ryang Banned

Liez. But the only thing worth putitng mresist in is lv 55 abyss chain which can be used for clerics/chanters/gladis. The problem is the amount of money and trouble this costs when a sorc can just use a 1k m acc buff that they are not supposed to have if they do not go down that root and get the prereqs. To me, that shows another pitfall of having all stigmas.

17. Mercykiller

>_>

Hence socketing M.Resists is a waste of time, sockets, and stones

18. Snorfiets

Snorfiets New Member

I love how people don't agree with things in this thread. And then after that, they give an argument that supports the post they don't agree on.

1 person likes this.
  19. vRisen

vRisen Banned

I'm surprised this topic is still open.

Anyway, if all classes could do over 10k damage on a player with 7 different spells, only then, would sorcs not be OP.

20. maskedbr

maskedbr Respected Member

try to make 10k with an assassin....
    ure not undertanding the point man

noobs sorcs can kill but they die

pro sorcs DONT die
    thats the diference
    a noob assassin cant do anything
    a pro assassin can joke