1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ganking/Camping

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Solitary, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Solitary

Solitary New Member

While leveling and playing this server me and my friends in our legion have noticed a huge and recurring problem. It seems like everyone LOVES to gank and camp the towns/flight paths and teleports and kill everyone and anyone willing to go there.

I personally think this is complete bullshit when you get 10+ people ganking the hell out of low levels and a few 55's who are outnumbered 2:1 or 3:1.

Guards currently are useless and with free flight people can just fly away easily from them and just come back to continue killing everyone which is why guards need to seriously just one shot people so they don't gank towns. Low levels shouldn't be ganked for days and days (which has happened to me) and have to get 5+ legion members who are 55 just to fly around with them protecting them at ALL times which I personally have had to do.

Ganking ruins the gameplay and it promotes unfair PVP where one side is always dominating if you want to gank do it away from cities and stuff where people can at least be protected, go afk, hand in/receive quests.

All I'm saying is to make guards over overwhelmingly overpowered to prevent this crap from happening, If you want to do this crap do it away from cities/towns.

Thanks any suggestions/feed back post below.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  2. eleesiis

eleesiis New Member

you have to get over it, this game is a race game !

3. Solitary

Solitary New Member

Hate to break it to you but guards are SUPPOSE to do something not just sit there and deal 5 damage which they currently do, it's complete bullshit they need to be fixed so your statement is false.

Also and every other game I don't see this type of ganking even in World of Warcraft where guards actually you know... hurt?

4. wilen

wilen Proficient

that's life mate i was like you when i was a low level and you cant do anything about it well all i can say is when you reach lvl 55 and have a nice gear gank their low levels too thats what i do and it feels really fun lolz seriously its fun while the low level player you killed is very mad or annoyed to you well you can see yourself back then when you was a low level all you have to say is sorry dude i have to do this lolz i hope the server dev make a penalty when you die like losing xp so it would be nice killing low level they wont get to level 55

5. Solitary

Solitary New Member

Even when you are geared you get ganked because theres over TEN of them you are ALWAYS outnumbered and you have to CONSTANTLY fly with your legion to protect yourselves and stop ganking.

Also use some periods and don't say "lolz" like a 12 year old call of duty player to make a argument it hurts yourself.

6. Uzziel

Uzziel Expert

ganking will only stop if u can control the minds of player OR make each encounter as an "incidence duel".

btw am guessing ur eylos?

7. wilen

wilen Proficient

wow i like that like 12 years old ahaha what's wrong with my lolz dude you pissed coz i use lolz and to tell you im not 12 years old this is internet and you dont have to be perfect in writing coz im not writing a formal letter or something like that that i have header footer margins

8. Sheytane

Sheytane Well-Known Member

The guards deals 2k+ dmg and stun the target, that's enough

9. Solitary

Solitary New Member

How is that enough? Ganking still happens when guards deal that kind of damage because they are basically useless.

10. FallenPreacher

FallenPreacher Proficient

Well dont expect the opposing race to just sit there and pretend they didnt saw u. No, they will attack u as soon as they c u, no matter how many they r, they dont care in fact, bcuz the both races r in WAR in case u havent noticed its one of the features of the game, 2 opposing races who fight each other to death. So dont expect them to b all nice to u, they will always try to kill u no matter what.

11. Agony

Agony Proficient

Well were they camping your stone in a town? Thats illegal if your set to that stone from what I believe. I've got screenies of 3 55s ganking the hell out of me like 14 times while on my alt. They left wen i called some guildies tho...

12. FallenPreacher

i lol'ed :lol:

13. Solitary

Solitary New Member

I understand that, this is why we have a feature called the ABYSS to PVP and kill each other and fight over whatever. We shouldn't have 10 people sitting in each town for hours or even days on end (I've seen it happen and experienced it and basically made me quit until I could get enough legion members grouped up to protect me)

PVP or what you call "War" isn't camping towns and low level areas, It should be conducted some where else and anyway from low level areas which would promote fairness and create a better game play experience for new players.

EDIT: I also see this continuing agrument that "we are at war" or "there is two factions for a reason" ya well go look at any other MMORPG and see if you get ganked for hours on end in one your faction cities/towns. I doubt you'll see it because PVP happens in certain places and in Aion that is the abyss.

2 people like this.
  14. herbs

herbs New Member

Hi, all
    first post here

Agreed, how can camping ones flight path be fun? Why would multiple people get a chubby over 2 shotting a lowbie trying to turn in a quest?

Simple fix really. 77million damage guards with range attacks :lol:

15. Asmodaus

Asmodaus Proficient

you do know that Aion was based around grouping and so much soloing like other mmos, basically to avoid being ganked, stay in areas that they cant go to and camp, and if you have to go to pvp towns, then go in a group, thats the only way to stop ganking, and unless your name appears pink to the other race, they can gank and camp you as much as they like since your not low lvl, They gank/camp us, we do the same thing right back to them, its part of the game, and if you dont like that its a part of the game, then maybe the game isnt for you.

And since its free fly in this game, its better to fly to the town and not use the teleporter, cause your character is useless when it lands after using the tele and you cant defend yourself, so thats why most ppl fly. Also a tip, pay attention to chat box, ppl post all the time where Asmods are, and if thats where you gotta go, either get into a group or avoid that area. I dont try and solo pvp cause you always run into groups of asmods, so its much easier to go in groups, and if your legion doesnt asmo hunt or vice versa, then it might be time to look into joining another legion that would be more likely to help you out and do some pvp. Cause Aion is not a solo game. It made and based on grouping

16. Crustyundies

Crustyundies DTK

This is war and there is no fair in war.

1 person likes this.
  17. FallenPreacher

If only abyss was meant for pvp then pvp in those places wouldnt b even enabled, in fact rifts wouldnt even exist, the only problem is the rifts dont have the lvl restriction right now, but gms r working on that or so they said so ppl should really stop crying about it.

18. Solitary

Solitary New Member

I don't need tips on to avoid being ganked, I know how to avoid it yet it still happens everywhere.

Even when flying at very high altitudes you'll get people chasing you the SECOND you leave the main city and if you don't check your back every few seconds and take the appropriate actions to fly away and get to safety then you are going to die.

Also the note of "group play is part of the game" is complete and utter false, Yes there is group play but you SHOULD NOT have to group up. Some people like to play solo and alone and maybe they haven't found friends/legion yet, so why punish them for being NEW players?

19. FallenPreacher

then probably u dont know how to do it? lol

20. Asmodaus

Asmodaus Proficient

Cause thats not how they designed the game, you can solo the game, youll just work twice as hard, and miss out on a ton of stuff in the game if you just solo it. They designed it this way to differ from the other mmo's out there and to be somewhat unique, i like having the game where you have to group up to do certain things, makes the game more fun and plus you get to make friends.

They designed it as a grouping mmo mostly because that way, it is easier to ballance the pvp aspect with having ppl in groups rather than solo,