1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What is to you to be "lost"?

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by redcox, Apr 26, 2012.

1. redcox

redcox Proficient

For a while now I've been trying to find the meaning of "being lost" but since not everyone "feels" the same way and feelings tend to get confusing, I'm wondering what others think what it is to "feel lost".

I've heard people say "I feel lost" and there are so many ways to interpret what this short but powerful words mean.

To me, to feel lost is:

To have lost the one love and not being able to find your way back.
    To have lost your vision of what's ahead because you can't stop looking behind.
    To have lost the ability to feel for others (yes, it is possible).
    To wake up in the morning and know what you have to do to move on but not be able to do it because no matter how much you think about it, you just can't find the right way to get it done.
    To see others care for you but somehow you just can't give back to them because deep inside you simply don't care.
    To have company yet feel alone.
    To continue searching for what you had and although you know where it is, you can't reach it...

Someone once told me "it's not possible to NOT feel anything at all"... well, that's true because to "feel" empty is still a "feeling", I suppose.

I'm curious as of how others view what it's like to be feel lost.

What is your input on what it is to be lost? what does it feel like to you? is it possible to explain it with words?

2. dmaxcustom

dmaxcustom Well-Known Member

aimless...

3. Jintae

Jintae New Member

If you're talking about a state of mind, then well, I guess absent? Not very coherent as to what's going on around you, losing track of what's important, etc etc..

4. Xartino_Tsirko

Xartino_Tsirko v(⌐■_■)v

Look, I'll tell you what it means to me:

I come at my office on Wednesday afternoon - 7pm. Right now it's Friday 3am and I still haven't gone home because of the crazy demands and the fk'ed up deadlines of our clients.

After so many hours, I feel lost - I really do, but I hold by the thought that at 12nn today I'll go home to sleep for 20hrs like a BOSS!

5. redcox

redcox Proficient

Thank you for the replies. I like the different perspectives of the subject and it brings me a little closer to finding a common ground accross the different opinions on what it feels like to be "lost".

If anyone else has any other input, I'd like to read it.