1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The current state of Lumiel is grim, my friends.

Discussion in 'Problems' started by SweetNoms, Apr 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SweetNoms

SweetNoms Claims

I'm going to be as blunt and concise as possible--the status of Lumiel (as a whole) is rapidly deteriorating. I've been on this server for 9 months now, and when it comes to bugs, "hackers", staff intervention, events, and every other imperative aspect of the server whose respective presence or absence makes for an enjoyable playing experience, it has only gotten worse. Of course fluctuation is to be expected, but this is not fluctuation. Indeed, this is a spiraling race to the bottom...that of which will be beyond reparation unless changes are made and actions are taken.

Concerning GMs and AMs, I first and foremost suggest that new staff be recruited. The current staff we "have" is evanescent on Lumiel, at best. I can't speak for Siel, but Lumiel has finally seen its first GM/AM presence today for the first time in 4 days. And even when one does log in, the time is fleeting. Secondly, I believe it's in the best interest of everyone that, instead of spreading the staff so damn thin, the GMs/AMs should be assigned specific, rotating roles. By this, I mean recruit several fresh AMs to solely monitor for bug abusers and hackers, several more to resolve player inquiries and issues, and several more to host events. These roles could be rotated out on a weekly basis with a minimum attendance requirement. It doesn't have to be an extensive dedication of time required, but just something to ensure that new and old players alike are happy. These players know what they are signing up for when they apply to be staff, so if they complain about any kind of minimum mandatory weekly time requisites, send them on their way and find someone who is capable of doing it. Does staff have some kind of tenure that the players aren't aware of? Incorporate staff involvement within the community into their reward points for getting items. This "host events and get points" system is flawed and easily abused anyway; This could be a fail-safe for that system.

Concerning bugs, I don't even know what to say about this without appearing bellicose. I'm not sure if the current developer is incompetent, uncaring, or just too busy to fix the numerous bugs that plague this server. Regardless, any of those problems can be fixed by either replacing the developer or finding some decent secondary help. If the staff were to simply post an advert of some sort expressing interest in finding some new developers, I'm positive a flood of responses would be received from both fledgling and experienced developers who would be more than happy to help. Just that "willingness" alone is more than we have now. Truly, these bugs are a blight on the server and on the Gamez name. The problem isn't going to fix itself--something needs to be done.

There are literally half a dozen more topics that can be discussed, but the aforementioned ones are the most prominent problems. I'm not completely ignorant and/or without remorse either--I know the staff does try to help. The staff are logged on the forums a lot, answering questions and just generally fraternizing with everyone else (and even then, when trying to help people, most of the time it's "You have to wait until this person logs in." I know there is some jumbled up hierarchy within this aristocracy that is called the Gamez staff, but, honestly, give these veteran staff members the capability to help the players) but all of the help in the world through the forums does not compare to an ubiquitous in-game staff. The very presence of a GM is enough to deter most hackers and bug abusers, and that right there is the majority of the problem gone.

I'm not sure whether this thread will be embraced or met with contempt by the staff, but know that deleting it only makes the server out to be operating with arbitrary despotism. This is the voice of Lumiel, and all we ask is for your help and conveyance.

21 people like this.
  2. Grrr

Grrr Highly Damaging Member Forum Legend

well dno what else to say guess ill just bump it

3. Isin

Isin Zerg me plox Forum Legend

off topic : You stay like 2hrs away from me omg.

4. ilbreezeli

ilbreezeli The Anti-Troll

many have tried the days are counted.

5. PivotNoir

PivotNoir Proficient

nice suggestions, i didnt read the whole paragraph though mostly only 'till the 2nd line of each para~ & well said btw :kewl:

6. Darks0ul

Darks0ul Banned Forum Legend

Take a look to the sky just before you die It's th
    My english are not good.. but i am sure u ll understand me..
    I am sure that both servers are having the same problems..
    You cant keep alive a server by doing update once per month..
    Many buggs,Hackers,Ping issues, and much more....
    Some w8ing the 3.0.. they sure thing that gamez will update and everything will work.. but unfortunately except better graphic nothing will work...
    The AM Team says every day that they working hard,,, how... every day they proving me the oposite....
    andi ll dare to say that is our fault cause we still support it by voting/donating it... if they think that this server is running good then they havnt see gamez at better times...
    Before u ask me if i still playing, the answer is no, it does not worth.. i stoped..i logging in for 10-20min per day just to chat with my ingame friends...

that was my view...

2 people like this.
  7. Hisabel

Hisabel Getting there

All I read on the problem section 3.0 is coming. Relax wait. Don't worry it will be solved in 3.0.
    What you think of us fools? Its for a fact that the server will be more bugged (old problems + new problems)
    Professional People should be hired and paid with the donation money.

2 people like this.
  8. Grrr

Grrr Highly Damaging Member Forum Legend

May I please punch you in the face? for the last goddamn time 3.0 doesnt have updated graphics

ninja bump

2 people like this.
  9. Shunko

Shunko Expert

Should have quit when i did.

1 person likes this.
  10. Zyphre

Zyphre Getting there

And you should have quit when I did.

1 person likes this.
  11. Dariz1

Dariz1 Pres. Sir Hon. Dr. Lt. Mr. Sr.

AMs shud first fix the problems we have then make the 3.0 cause if the old probs meet with the new probs it will be a chaos... and the whole game will probly crash... o_O
    So till 2.7 isn't working perfectly, shudn't work on 3.0...
    That's my opinion... :/

12. Zyphre

Zyphre Getting there

FYI AMs don't fix problems. They just moderate the game. They are not coders - they are players just like you.
    You see I used to be an AM, then I...

1 person likes this.
  13. Hardstyle

Hardstyle ***** Slap Forum Legend

then u got shot to the knee

3 people like this.
  14. Fantaros

Fantaros Banned Forum Legend

close lumiel server and tranfer everyone in siel

3 people like this.
  15. Dariz1

If they'd do that there would be too much ppl on siel... it'd be even more laggy... x.x

16. Vildiil

Vildiil Hit em with a 100 round clip Forum Legend

I could quote the whole wall of text, but I took an arrow to the head or something i probably did it wrong.

I've been on EVERY single morning, like I was this morning until my secondary harddrive died on me. Even now I'm back ingame, hell I logged in and theres two other AMs online besides myself RIGHT now.

Unfortunately, as Zyphre says, we're not developers, nor do we have the capabilities to fix things such as bugs with skills, or bugs with the environment, or bugs. If I knew where to start I'd be the first person to jump in and fix everything. The best that, as AMs, we can ask you to do is to help us out by getting as much details as possible about bugs, so we can report them in to the devs that we do have and get things fixed.

I can be appreciative of the input that was given in the thread here. After all, constructive criticism helps to make the environment a bit better of a place for us all.

5 people like this.
  17. Fantaros

Fantaros Banned Forum Legend

we already have a big ping and lag spikes.. how worst it can be? :p

18. Hisabel

Hisabel Getting there

Relax its not u :D We all love you :) Its the GamezAion owners who should give more attention.

2 people like this.
  19. Dariz1

Believe me it can be worse much more worse... :)

20. EpicNinjaIsBack

EpicNinjaIsBack ♥BitterSweet♥ Forum Legend

bump, but no matter what happens a bug is bound to happen when u code half=assed and dont review your work, 3.0 wont be any better

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.