1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Enable Abyss Transformation

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by rogerio, May 30, 2012.

?

Implement abyss transformations

Poll closed Jun 29, 2012.
  1. yes

25.0%
  2. no

75.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogerio

rogerio New Member

Hi i play in lumiel server and i wanted to suggest enabling abyss transformation in gamez servers

Reasons:
    They are part of the game
    They will keep players motivated and give a incentive too keep APS and stay high ranked
    Will incentive pvp
    They are essencial during the siege time
    Its fun to play in optimus prime mode

If it was possible i would also like to suggest that the transformations only be available in gelk/ing areas and also in the abyss because they are the main sieges battlegrounds, and also only available during siege time (i know its harder to program but doesn't hurt to suggest)

Thanks and pls reply

2. maskedbr

maskedbr Legendary Member

general zerg O>O
    i agree we should be able to use during siege time only.. it would be nice
    but most of time high rankers would zerg on godmode and then log out for 2 hours

3. Pedrobehr

Pedrobehr Proficient

I hated the days back when there were like 10-15 deities zerging in our towns, i don't know if they should be implemented again... and how is the deity transformation going to be only usable in sieges? They'll just use it and go somewhere else to pvp with it :S

If it was possible to make it usable in a certain area/at a certain time then it'd be fine tho.

4. Played

Played *Kung-Fu Master* Forum Legend

Oh man many people began to complain about them after a day of it working, when 3.0 came out, also keep this in mind AP isn't really used for anything since we have credits. With that in mind, its safe to say that this would be a bad idea, since most people would be 5-star +, which will ultimately result in all or most of the elyos/asmo population of players running around in diety form.. no fun in that, and I'm sure some people would find ways of abusing this. As I've stated before, the only time I'd agree to this is if it were for governors and governors only, I can cope with just one person running around in diety form.

5. rogerio

rogerio New Member

i agree but they will only play for 10 minutes and log out for 2 hours as i see it it would be less players online thus less zergy win win lol

6. Clubs

Clubs Retired Forum Legend

7. rogerio

rogerio New Member

I get the feeling u hv a governor char somewhere lol, just one its no use that wont be fun for anyone except the governors but i agree to limit the number of transforms adapt the number to the population of the server but we need to hv every transform rank otherwise it wont server the siges purpose since u need more then one person to conquer a fort

8. Alente

Alente Legend Forum Legend

The main issue with enabling deities on Gamez is that AP is relatively easy to gain and quite hard to lose due to how we have our rates set up.

Once you manage to slot yourself into a top position that has deity that suddenly gives you the ability to slaughter a lot of players when the CD is off - netting you a massive net gain in AP. Even if you die later in the day, with or without deity on, your AP loss is going to be pretty insignificant. Meanwhile your gains from deity will be massive.

That leads to a scenario where the first people to get to the high ranks become completely unassailable - there's no way other players are going to take over them in AP unless people go inactive. Needless to say that causes some pretty major balance concerns and, obviously, a lot of forum QQ.

The only real way to counteract this would be either to massively increase AP loss on death or to lower AP rates to pretty much 1x. Either would likely result in some pretty major rage.

I don't see this happening.

2 people like this.
  9. koko23

koko23 Vildil's Slave

people on pservers are not responsible enough to handle transformation
    sad but true deal with it

10. PlastikOctopus

PlastikOctopus New Member

This is a pretty easy fix.

General Transform works in Retail because there are so few who are 5-Star Officers and above.

Simply make the ranks more competitive and also make there a server limit for the amount of people who can transform.

For example.

Per faction:
    1x Governor
    4x Commanders
    5x Great Generals
    5x Generals
    10x 5- Star Officers

If you don't have the AP, you can't transform.

Also, if you think having 25x Transforms per faction on one map is too many, simply limit the amount allowed per map, or as stated above only during siege times. You could also limit the amount of Transforms by allowing only the top ten in rankings or simply eliminate 5 star officers.

If someone stops playing, obviously, they will be pushed down in ranks to a 4-Star of below, due to competition.

This game is not very competitive, except in who has the bigger zerg.
    This would bring a huge amount of playability into this game, thus bringing in more members.

AP in the game is useless, yes, why not bring in a use for it?

Edit:
    I posted this reply pretty late, but after reading Alente's post, I do agree, but I disagree that the imbalance is not fixable.
    Also, I don't think gaining top ranks is difficult to obtain.

In terms of balance and keeping a top position, you could set a cap of AP gain as a Transform to be 1ap per kill. Even setting those grouped or allied with a Xform to 1/2 would be reasonable.

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  11. Clubs

Clubs Retired Forum Legend

Gamez isn't about fort pvp, it's meant to be about raiding with friends, taking a load off and enjoying a little bit of pvp inside a server that doesn't require you to be on 24/7 to compete with others. The sad part with this is that it's not a game to come to without friends, since they are hard to make. You need to find friends to play with, otherwise you will be lonely on the game, and end up looking for some kind of pvp. Players rally around those who they find lead, be it socially popular players, high AP players, or just those who are willing to give a command. It's not that they are trying to zerg because they can't fight alone, it's because they have no where else to pvp, and no one else to teach them how to pvp. Instead of implementing dieties, giving false leading hope that will rally people around them, we can maybe start being friendly with the players around us. Go run instances with the people who have no gear, go to verteron and find that lvl 22 who is grinding on mobs and help mentor him up, even just a little bit. After that, more groups of friends will spur up, it will become more group raids rather then solo raids with people that you do not know. The zerging kind of pvp will dissipate, and the fun kind of PvP will start.

Once the zerging mentality is out of gamez, we can implement deities without having to worry so much about what it will do to our game.

1 person likes this.
  12. Pedrobehr

Pedrobehr Proficient

That would mess pvp up imo, everyone would zerg to prevent ap loss and would run forever at low health lol.
    Also think of the new players with the average gear that only have chances of killing a non-transformed player.

And how can you put a limit of transformed people to a map? What would happen when the limit would be reached? would people lose their transformation upon teleporting to that map? would they not be able to teleport to it? :S

I like though the idea of reducing the amount of the highranks, it's a good way to balance it i guess.

13. Alente

Alente Legend Forum Legend

Not sure why I left this thread open when people are too busy infighting to actually respond to an Admin post on their suggestion.

The TL;DR answer is no.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.