1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Gamez Staff, you might want to view this..

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Sagius, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Sagius

Sagius Getting there

I think I might have stumbled onto something here.

Attention Gamez Staff!

We, the players of your private server, have stumbled upon the dreadful knowledge that is known as the truth. We can now see that the current staff(not saying members in particular because that isn't how it works), is having quite a bit of difficulty with maintaining this server and the problems that follow afterward with disgruntled players who are dissatisfied with how things are being handled. The integrity of this server and your names and reputation as staff members and Gamez's reputation may very well be in SERIOUS jeopardy. You are stating that you, and I quote, are a "24/7 Dedicated Server, Best World Wide PvP High Rate Server, Long Term, Free Fly, Skill Auto Learn, All Working Skills, Quests, NPCs, MOBs, Instances, Good Support"....you do realize that if you do not provide everything you state on a world wide advertisement, you can get in some big trouble right? Reason in point, when you state things like this and you do not deliver, simply put it is lying, this is no white lie either, this is something that can be seen all over the world. I promise you, if this continuous crashing/lagouts and all of these "bugs", like deselect, continue to occur, and it doesn't seem like anything is being done at all to correct and fix the issues in-game, you WILL lose a great deal of your players on a rapid drop % daily when players see the stability and integrity of the server and the support from the staff continues to fail. If they aren't fixed at all, the number of players on ANY AND ALL of your other servers you may have for other MMOs, will also begin to drop at an exponential rate. You can kiss any hopes and dreams of expanding your list of games you have private servers to good-bye, because nobody will want to play on your servers when they will have already seen the extent of what you can offer(keep in mind that if things are done now and resolved, this is hypothetical). The saddest thing is that when it is all said and done, the only ones to be blamed for that failure, will be you, the staff...a staff needs to work together as a group, coordinate things as a team, and things need to be very well thought out. Updating the server, alright, go for it! However, if you're going to do server updates, try making them on a weekly basis, instead of updating one day, then two days later make another teeny tiny update. A more organized updating regime shows players that you, the staff, understand and know what it is players want out of you, and what they want out of the game, and that you know how to provide that in the most optimum of ways.

This is not me saying "F%@$ you guys! You're f&$%ing retarded!", this is me informing you what has been made obvious by hundreds of other players, that things need to be done, pronto. Expand the list of your GMs because you should always have at the very least, 3 GMs and a Co-Admin in-game. There is a lot that goes on with MMOs, and having 1 GM and a Co-Admin on isn't going to do anything but give the GM and Co-Admin and major headache. There should also at least be 2 GMs, a moderator and a Co-Admin in the forums, to provide information for matters in the process of being fixed, future updates, and the support this server needs to be the best success you can make it to be. If you really are serious about taking your servers to that top of the list, and want to have bragging rights about successfully doing so, then provide what you say you offer in your advertisements on top of giving us that chance to make 5m and 100 credits a day if you want to continue to increase the number of players your servers have.

You may also want to look into creating another server, seeing as how we have a great amount of people leaving other servers to come to this one. So, in conclusion, you may want to look into:

-Coordinating updates/patches/bug fixing/server needs in a more organized and professional manner.

-Appointing GMs that actually do their jobs and actually try to provide assistance to the other players that are in need.

-Appointing GMs that have varied hours of operation so that the server and forum has(for the most part) consistency with support.

-Keeping watch of how often the appointed GMs are logged in and how long they are logged in for.

-Providing the 24/7 Dedication you say you do on these top games list sites to keep the integrity of your server in tact.

-Make sure you keep a decent amount of staff online and in-game to give the players the "Good Support" that's being advertised and to ensure the players that you care about the issues they have in-game or in forums if someone is hardcore bashing them.

Again, this isn't me coming after you, these are actual suggestions that need to be in line for dire consideration as to following through with them.

Also....I suggest the LFG chat function be permanently removed. Too many people spam useless garbage on there and that may actually be the reason for the server lagging and tweaking out so much. One last thing....please make it to where we can use Mastarius' items to remodel other gears >.< ABG Spear looks so ugly, I'd really like to be able to change it to Mastarius' look.

4 people like this.
  2. Lakhane

Lakhane Expert

Double space please.

3. Cropolite

Cropolite No regrets D:

wowlol

10ch

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Rainbow Title Forum Legend

tl;dr but it seems like a rage post so I agree.

4 people like this.
  5. Aegis

Aegis Guest

I agreed on some points, but then I stumbled upon LFG spam linked to server lag and facepalmed.

DO YOU EVEN PHATHOM HOW MANY LINES OF TEXT IT TAKES TO MAKE ANY REAL AMOUNT OF DATA.

OH ME GAWD/HEADPALM...

6. Viper

Viper Proficient

its fathom

2 people like this.
  7. Dementa

Dementa Providence Forum Legend

I'm almost on the forums (and so is tyman), so thats 2 moderators.

I don't post as much anymore. Alente is almost always on, thats the 1 co-admin, all admins are less and less active, that's the only problem I see.

8. Tensa Tenzetsu

Tensa Tenzetsu New Member

Don't think he does.....i read it i read pretty fast so it was no big deal i just agree with the gm thing cuz i sometimes need help and im spamming //gmlist all day checking but u know whatever it is what it is.

9. Aegis

Aegis Guest

I know, I made multiple errors there to exaggerate the message lol.

10. Autumn

Autumn Banned

My eyes jumped to the bolded underlined words so I figured it was just another generic, albiet long, flame thread. I've read the content without even reading it.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Rainbow Title Forum Legend

...Is that honestly the only problem you see with this server?
    If so sir I'll ask you to please remove your rose colored glasses.

12. FadetoBlack

FadetoBlack Veni, vidi, vici, reliqui

I read through every single word of this, sounds like a very strong word of advice. I'd have to agree with everything the OP has said

13. Dementa

Dementa Providence Forum Legend

I mean the part where he's talking about not enough staff on forums. Do you really think I think there's NOTHING wrong with the game?

14. Sagius

Sagius Getting there

Nice try, its no flame, try actually reading it since you took the time to check the thread and post

15. Freelancer

Freelancer Proficient

I like mudkipz.

16. Aegis

Aegis Guest

How I feel is that that gamez needs at least 5-10 moderators more... ensuring there are MANY moderators avaliable to the public.

Also, since Carl / Karissa are not always readily avaliable as a source of power; give these moderators the ability to ban (within reason)/ use commands like //kill and //jail characters. We JUST has Edixoid and Angal leave because they felt like their contribution and time were to be put kindly... useless.

Being a player who suffers through so many hackers at core... if we just had a GM floating around core on an infinate flight loop we would probably discourage / provoke fear into player's from ever hacking there again.

Just remember, it isn't the bullet that ended the war... it is the fear :\

17. Cropolite

Cropolite No regrets D:

Autumn, jumping to conclusions makes you look like an idiot.

Thus... Idiot.

18. Shinabi

Shinabi insomniac

harsh..words but other than that true I guess.

19. ryang

ryang Banned

Meh, how about this knocker, let people have access to the server. Thats the third dev (zero who I believe is gone now) that you made quit since they had no access. You struck out Carl, First ganji/boxx, chlora, then zero. Maybe its time to rethink that policy ;o

20. Sagius

Sagius Getting there

I agree with the mod and GM in the core suggestions