1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Chanter or cleric

Discussion in 'Questions' started by sadnessblues, Sep 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadnessblues

sadnessblues Proficient

Maybe there are some thread asking same question but i dont knw wat keywords to type to search in forum,so i decide to ask opinion

Chanter or cleric,i never play a chanter and cleric,so which one is better?pls give some guide like pros and cons ,what do chanter and cleric focus on?simple doesnt matter.

Thx in advance.

2. alexexe

alexexe Expert

Cleric>chanter

3. Guga

Guga Master Member Forum Legend

Cleric is better. (for me)
    They are both supports. But Cleric mostly heals and Chanter buffs and others. Chanters are kinda confusing because they have so many buffs and that is really ugh. Really confusing

4. alexexe

alexexe Expert

Dispell is the best skill eva...u can troll the op godstones :)

5. Badrobot

Badrobot SNU SNU

I think they are almost equal,it really depends on the pilot.Thing with chanters is that they cant exactly kill a good cleric unless they use DP running buff and they have a better gear,at least thats what i believe. But with cleric u have your dots and your fastering wound and your blind skill,i think its possible to put down a chanter even if hes wearing MR..

Usually,every time i encounter a chanter,the fight is really boring,i attack and hes just tanking my attacks with heals until one of us runs out of mana or until he can no longer tank the attacks because hes silenced or because his heal is no longer enough..

But chanters are dangerous with low ping and stumble lock you can die pretty fast without realizing wut just happened..

1 person likes this.
  6. sadnessblues

sadnessblues Proficient

chanter dont have dispell skills?chanter have more attacking spell or cleric?

7. Badrobot

Badrobot SNU SNU

Chanter has one self dispel skill with long cooldown. Cleric has dispel skills (5 of them) which can be spammed non stop because they dont have cooldown (just half second)..

Clerics attack with magical spells while chanters attack with physical attacks,just like gladiators and assassins. So think before choosing the class,because even though they are both priests..they are 2 totally different classes..

8. GraveXD

GraveXD Shhhhhh♪ (*'-^)- v(^_^ Forum Legend

I would say go with cleric and get used to the class, then switch to chanter xD
    Chanter is alot of fun specially when you learn to adopt to the situation.
    Alot of the times you will find yourself switching mantras during fights and switching out your skill order either
    to stun lock or kite an enemy. I'm not saying chanter is harder or better than cleric but it does take alot of skill to
    properly use a chanter. A good chanter and a bad chanter are distinguishable like day and night :p

9. Masquerade

Masquerade Proficient

Imprisoned beneath the world where the soulless dw
    It's like choosing apple or banana. Each has their own distinction and the choice is based on personal preference.

10. sadnessblues

sadnessblues Proficient

wow,so many guidance,and it make me confuse,haha,so many ppl suggest cleric so i try cleric 1st,thx for all

11. Guille

Guille i am chillermo Forum Legend

Best answer ever.

12. helldrake

helldrake New Member

i personally play on a chanter ,i would try a cleric but i hate casters.so its really up to you ,if you want a caster with magical dmg that is nearly impossible to kill in 1v1 ,or a physical dmg dealer that stuns everything and can kill you in seconds.
    as a chanter i must say you can kill the physical classes rather easy,a bit harder with a good sorc but can be done if you know how to. as a cleric everyone will jump on you first so you will need to manage your skills very good,protecting yourself and the group your in with. i believe a cleric requires alot of skill in group v others (zerg) combat and in 1v1 you should too kill any class if you are good enough.

13. noobeh

noobeh Getting there

It's not a matter of which class is better really, it matters on which one you actually understand and could play with properly. In the end if you are some kick-ass chanter cleric's wouldn't be a problem for you. But again, there are dps clerics too, so I suggest you pick a class that you'd like playing with because inevitably as a cleric you're going to be used as a support character too and if you don't really like being a support character I'd just go for chanter...

14. dilshod2009

dilshod2009 New Member

annoying class SM? dude SM is the best strongest one (exept tank with M.def buffs [even if SM have 2.1k M.accuracy will run the battle]). SM is the most strongest, neither chanter or Clerc can fight without buffs! in addition mass fear and done! u just have to know what skill u are using! for instance if you are SM and fast SM "Erase+ slow+stun+ silence/blindness+ earth attack+spirit claws+erasex2+ wind damage+ (if coming close fear/stun/wind spirit stunning skills)+damage+damage"
    SM is the most hardest and strongest, erasing buffs are tricky and shiittyy!

15. ianjayroma

ianjayroma Dark Syndicate

Chanter <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

16. Dan

Dan Expert

just lol....

17. Archsatan

Archsatan Yoza

The difference is...they have different skills. dundundun

18. Cronicwilly

Cronicwilly Proficient

My cleric can tank bosses and hit most mobs for 20k + with buffs and crit... very balanced class.. very easy to learn...very ownage
    great dp skill.

Owns 20 people in dual and then finally loses to a noob assasin ..besides the point.. cleric is known to be hardest to kill in pvp....or so i read...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.