1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

criti spell for cleric???

Discussion in 'Questions' started by zatiz, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zatiz

zatiz New Member

serve and dual manastone for cleric??

for cleric spell crit?

2. Clubs

Clubs Retired Forum Legend

I don't believe there is an exact Crit Spell cap at the moment, but a majority of players have little to no spell resist.

Slotting wise, I would suggest you to go MA/MR and MB/MR dual manastones.

2 people like this.
  3. Guga

Guga Master Member Forum Legend

Go MR/block. Best build ever. That's what I am using on my cleric =) You will be able to resist magic attacks+tank.

2 people like this.
  4. alexexe

alexexe Expert

Mr+block? since when can u have dual manastones with mr and block?

1 person likes this.
  5. Guga

Not dual o.o MR +16 and Block +29, you put some mr in some parts and block in other parts.

1 person likes this.
  6. alexexe

alexexe Expert

Uk...if ur not full block u won't block a shit with this new dual manastones...u need at least 3.5k block so there is no point to do this ;) and if ur not full mr(2500 mr) u won't be able to resist the silence from godstones cuz this is the only thing that u can resist with mr.

For dps cleric go ma/mb and use crit spell for weapon.

2 people like this.
  7. SteeleB

SteeleB Proficient

^ What he said more or less. I tried a hybrid block and MR build on my cleric for a week and maybe it works for you but I found that it ended up being mediocre at best and a jack-of-no-trades instead of being great at one or the other. It might fly against people undergeared but not against people that know what they're doing.

2 people like this.
  8. mamacita

mamacita Proficient

Real men go mb/ma :)

1 person likes this.
  9. Pedrobehr

Pedrobehr Proficient

As some others said too, Godstones are a real Problem if you're not full m.resist. Plus, you wouldn't want to have a MB/MA Sorc/Sin nuke you now, would you? :eek:
    M.Resist also resists Skills used by Fighters, not just Mages. (Or at least used to, back in my days, in 3.0. Not sure what exactly changed with the updates tbh)
    A good Example would be the Templars' long-ranged Stun.

My Suggestion? With all these lame OP Gears, Clerics have become way too Tough to be killed even by a Nuker, they Outheal the Damage easily when not silenced/stunned/whatever. Therefore, what you want is a Decent Damage, you don't want the fight to take long because either you'll get zerged or you'll run out of MP. Your only problem will be full m.res clerics i believe :D and perhaps sorcs with elemental ward. Dunno much about Chanters so i won't say anything but they could be hard too. EDIT: Just to make it clear, by "hard" i mean "hard to kill" only, you will almost never die by a full m.res cleric nor kill one either easily. Oh and I wonder if Magic Suppression blocks mboost-based assassin skills, if it does, assassins shouldn't be that hard either ;3

Oh and one last thing, this is for Soloing mostly, if not only. (You said about crit spell ms so i am assuming a soloing build is what you're looking for)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  10. Frix

Frix 고독한 Forum Legend

You should go full Maximum Flight Time +7. It's OP.

2 people like this.
  11. Akikaze

Akikaze Elohim, Essaim...I implore you Forum Legend

You got it totally wrong. Need to slot some MP+105, unlimited mana is more OP.

12. Guga

You are pretty mistaken Alexxu, I have 3k block and 2.2k mr and I do block and resist magical attacks and godstone effects from fully geared players.

1 person likes this.
  13. Badrobot

Badrobot SNU SNU

Crit spell is not a viable option, no. Some people forget that cleric is a support class, yes you can DPS and kill but remember, you are not a sorcerer. You need to think of a way to balance these things, your best friend is Magic Resist. As guga said, block/mr could work but then again you would have less chance to resist silence proc and less chance to block attacks, but its still not a bad idea. Another great option would be full MR (2600 MR) which would allow you to resist other clerics, some mages, and most importantly godstone procs/snares/silence arrows/other anti-cleric skills. Full MA/MB boost in my opinion isnt as good as an MR set, because clerics dont really have a bad damage, and an NHDED staff - tatar fuse - would allow you to hit through most players without any problems and at the same time keep your magic resist in high levels, but then again thats just me.

3 people like this.
  14. kath15

kath15 Proficient

3.5k block? Your wrong unless the person is accuracy build which isn't a common build. Mojority of players choose crit/attack attack/crit as build not many get accuracy Trust me I know this I pvp almost 7 hours a day and I block 95% of the DMG with my build. But your right there are some people with accuracy build, but its still possible to tank them without full block (heal skills). Max accuracy is 2.7k and thats with HAC gear you don't need 3.5k Block lmfao. Please test builds before you judge them.

I'm 3k block and I block alot even freinds with full HAC set and Hac weapons I can easly block 95% of what they hit at me, block is important, sorc got degraded they don't hit as high as they did in 3.0 there not a threat anymore also there are more physical classes e.g sin/rangers/glads/temps then sorc/sm's Block is must and its possible to get atlease 2.9-3.k block block and 2.1k - 2.2k MR also there is MR food that gives 60+ MR for 40mins I suggest using that.

Dps is ridiculous on a cleric, espically if your pvping/solo you will never last its only good for 1 vs 1 but good luck finding 1 vs 1 pvp on this server. I recommend going DPS if your going with a huge group, clerics are dangerous without MA/MB stones I can take generals out with full MR/block I don't need any ma/mb parts. Clerics need defensive and Offensive so get a shield and a casting mace for defense and get a staff with MA/MB for DPS.

Also get ACD/HAC or even EAC chain other gears without suppression/pvp defence gear are utterly useless and you will die within 5 seconds using a cleric If you go block with abg or below you will get probably get 2.7k-8k block and maybe 2k MR which is useless thats why you need the lvl 60 PVP sets for this build.

So if you don't got EAC/ACD/HAC chain then Just go Full MR or ma/mb if your going to raid/zerg if your soloing with a DPS cleric build you really wont last long unless your under 100 ms and keybinded with months of experience also Important to kite on a cleric and use your snare (Root) when your low HP this stops the enemy from moving (attacking you) giving you time to heal your self up the Root is a short CD so you can continue attack + root the enemy and heal your self and buffs/scrolls when there rooted.

another tip is to use your blind skill when your low HP. This skill doesn't work on SM/SORC only physical classes But only use it after you used 2 other dot skills so they can't pot the blind effect away with greater healing potions.

SM tip for cleric:

Its so easy to tank an sm... All you got to do is spam clense your self this removes all sm dot/debuffs from you also heal your self up the sm will eventually run out of Mp them bam you can own them while they stand there trying to recover MP. But as I said before you won't last 5 seconds without magic suppresion and you sure and hell won't be able to tank an SM unless the sm doesn't fear/silence you which is never 98% of sm's spam fear on this server.

oh and crit spell is so useless on cleric and all other classes! Only good for sorc because they got crit spell buffs but if they go full crit they won't have any ma/mb stones = less dmg and low magic accuracy thats why it's an utterly useless manastone.

Just remember cleric are called clerics cause they got heal abilities, there support. Yes they can kill but if you want to kill go chanter they got healing abilitys and much better DMG then cleric and kill way,way faster.

Anyway good luck Cleric isn't an easy class to master !

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
    2 people like this.
  15. SteeleB

SteeleB Proficient

This is more than a little amusing being that block is capped at 50% or 500 over your opponents accuracy.

16. Llama

Llama The Drama Llama Forum Legend

I'll be waiting for her to explain how she came up at 95% hue

17. kath15

kath15 Proficient

50%? Lol. I herd that and maybe that's true but I have blocked like 12 attacks in a row I don't see how that's 50% unless I'm extremely lucky we'll maybe i just get more blocks then non blocks. I honestly don't call it 50% cause I block pretty much every attack and can block up to as I said 12 attacks in a row without getting normal hitted but as I said that's me maybe I'm just lucky and got 90%. ;)
    Try the build and you will see what I mean.

18. alexexe

alexexe Expert

1. Hey pro...first of all the cap for block is 50% and with hac u can have 2.7k acc without buffs(oac for example) so they can have 3200 acc without manastones so my question is how can u block 3200 acc with 2900-3000 block? a little tip for u: if this results in a negative value, the player will have no chance to block. And u can have this acc without using the new op manastones so u should test builds before u talk...every single glad is using some parts with acc so gl blocking 3k acc with 3k block ;)

2. Without mr/block u can't even root ur opponent cuz ur ma is like 1500 with best gear...i really wanna see how can u hit sins with slayer up (at least 2k mr with no dual manastones:))

She's a girl? Oh well...at least she can be pro in 4.0...i heard that they gonna add kitchens xD

1 person likes this.
  19. kath15

kath15 Proficient

@alexexe your right you can't block sins with oath cause it gives 500+ accuracy so they will have around 3.4k accuracy but that's not a problem just spam heal your self until the oath buff dies off. And yes you can't block people with 3k accuracy they kill fast but most players are max 2.7k with hac gear. Also clerics got a skill that gives 200 ma and mb can easily get 1.8k ma which will hit most classes without mr build. And if you readed what I said I said get a staff to hit... Which gives 2k + ma if you get ma/mb manastones and ma staff fuse whichnwillmhit a sin easly lol. Been cleric for a long time I know what I'm talking about. O and I didn't say I can block 3.2k accuracy...?

20. Pedrobehr

Pedrobehr Proficient

What alexexe said.
    Even a Sorc with just elemental ward up will resist many of your spells if you have just 1.5k MA... unless they changed the way m.resist works in the last updates and i am not aware of it.
    Back in my Days 100 MRes above your Oppoonent's MA = +10% Chance to resist (Also if i can recall correctly, MRes was and perhaps still is supposed to block some magic damage too)

You need MA + Something else, if not MB then MRes at least or Block. MA Also increases your Godstone's Proc chance. Unless of course you only want to heal your group, which thing i doubt since you're asking if you should socket crit spell ms...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.