1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Extendibles remodelling?

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Aradude, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Aradude

Aradude New Member

After searching for a bit, I understand that remodelling non-extendibles to extendible skins will only provide the extending effect in battle, but does not provide any additional range when attacking.

But my question is, what if I remodel extendibles to non-extendible skins? For example, if I remodel Kasaka's Claws to Storm Swords? Will the Claws lose its extendible ability? Or will the character cut air with the 'Storm Sword' but damages the monster from range as per extendible weapons do?

Thanks for any answers

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  2. Terrorized

Terrorized Beautiful Garbage Forum Legend

I'd never think of doing that, so Idk o-o Test it? xD

3. Mercykiller

Mercykiller Well-Known Member

It should still provide you with the range boost, however I can guarantee you that it will look strange.

4. Lakhane

Lakhane Expert

Extendables can't be altered and cannot be used as a remodeling tool.

I haven't tested this before but I can give you two things that might happen.

1. The extendable's model is transfered over to the storm sword and the extendable's model no longer applies (it doesnt extend).

2. The extendable won't let you use it as a remodeling item.

5. Aradude

Aradude New Member

Ok, as requested, I have tried it out for myself.

I have remodelled a Kasaka's Claw with the model of a Storm Sword. Remodelled successfully.

One point to note is that, from other threads posted, it seems like abilities are bugged to be unusable with extendable weapons range(5m for extendible swords) again. And with the non remodelled Kasaka from the pair, this has been proven through. Auto attacks still work at 5m though.

Now for auto attacking, it seems like the extendable range is still in effect. My character swings the remodeled Kasaka in the air 5m away from the monster, and the monster takes damage.

...Doesn't look as cool as I thought it will be though... I was hoping for something like Gladiators' Cleave ability's 'ranged' attack with the 'sonic-boom' like effect ~_~... Instead it feels like WoW all over again, with characters slashing air but the monster still being damaged...

But I guess one of the points would be that you get the extendable effect while having cool looking normal blades I guess.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  6. ryang

ryang Banned

Probably is the case. Lakhane is mistaken. I had an EAT spear remodelled to Zap Spear, and although it looked like it was extending, it actually was not. I guess the opposite would hold true in your case. But yeah, extendables have always been buggy.