1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Level gap restrictions for PvP....GOLDEN IDEA

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Sagius, Aug 30, 2010.

?

Your opinion on level gap restrictions for PvP?

1. Best idea I've heard all week.

10 vote(s)
    24.4%
  2. Would certainly level the playing field.

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  3. YES! I'm sick of people ganking my lower levels!

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. I thought 55s weren't allowed to kill toons lower than lvl 30 anyway o.0

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  5. No, that's all I do on my 55s now is gank lower levels.

9 vote(s)
    22.0%
  6. G!VE K!N4H NAU >.<

14 vote(s)
    34.1%
  1. Sagius

Sagius Getting there

lol not a revolution, this IS the suggestions forum, so that's what I'm doing here. That isn't wrong or violating anything. People don't like it, they don't have to read it, simple as that...

2. Barokajin

Barokajin New Member

I agree with Sagius...I don't want to sound like i'm qq'ing, but if i am then deal with it. It's aggrivatiing when you've already played retail Aion and you just want to have some fun, and sure this is a pvp server, but what isn't, right? and people just want to grind on shit without being disturbed. Like I love asmos, I have 10 characters, but when I make a new account and I want to be elyos, it's like 'wow, so now I know that the elyos aren't total dicks attacking Primum all the time' because there are literally whole alliance's going around ONE flight point, like golden bough garrison, and killing 20's. I can't even lose any AP for christ's sake, and it's not like you need it; and as Sagius said, 'revenge' just in general towards the whole elyos race is a bit narrow-minded, it's not like any of those lowbies were the ones that killed YOUR alts. And i'm not going to just defend elyos either, because they do the same thing to asmos (thought not quite as much, honestly) by attacking primum all the time.

1 person likes this.
  3. Sagius

Sagius Getting there

So if the shoe were on the other foot, you're saying you wouldn't be irritated being ganked 10-15 times in a 50 minute time period when you're trying to possibly:
    Complete quests, farm for items for your toon, hunting for something in particular.

You were bashing, no, I'm not crying, it's called voicing things because nobody else will. Ever heard of that in all of your vast years of wisdom? Also, I know it's gonna be hard for you to do, because you're already stuck on this little kick of yours here, but go read through the suggestion again. Now, in order for the ban to take place, what has to happen?? They would need to be reported *gasp* which means people would need Screenshots in order to make something happen. Also, usually you would need at least 3-5 reportings before a matter is looked into right? Wow....that means.....that someone could be all amped up, accidentally gank someone lower level, get reported, and be informed to just keep an eye out for that.....hmmmm....seems pretty fair.

4. mgpogi

mgpogi New Member

Dont hate the player, hate the game..:biggrin:

5. Arsuf

Arsuf Expert

Now, posting and idea is called bashing now eh? If you dont like someone posting ideas contradictory to yours dont post it on public forums. Maybe you can send this whole idea of yours thru PMs.

Its the same reason no matter what... You get banned for killing low levels and thats your point. What server or what game actually ban a highbie from killing lowbies aside from spawn camping which other servers have rule on it. Pls tell me so coz I have known none.

6. Sagius

Sagius Getting there

Look at that Arsuf, voicing my suggestion brought forth another person who shares the same viewpoints on it, and understands it is a nuisance to deal with. Who doesn't like PvP?? However, going around and mowing through people 20-30 levels lower than you isn't PvP...what can a level 37 do up against a 55 toon? Even if the 37 had FULL fabled abyss gear +15, they still won't even be able to get the 55s health down even a third of the way...55 vs 37=death in 2-4 hits, no question....4 hits is for the glads, temps and MAYBE a chanter

7. Barokajin

Barokajin New Member

Actually yes you are...I tried about 6 times to WALK through eltnen (because all the flight points are guarded) and I was either ganked by 5 or 6 in the air, or they caught me in a fight. I started my elyos account two days ago and my first one is only 36.
    Although banning is a little extreme, there's gotta be something done for those huge level differences.

8. Sagius

Sagius Getting there

If someone continuously PKs a toon, it can be taken as a form of harassment, so you tell me smart guy, ever remember any MMOs you've played that you can recall certain someone's repeatedly PKing you wherever you went??? Hmmmm? Don't think so, your memory doesn't server you THAT well...in Conquer Online, I had someone PKing me every single day, until I reported him. Since he knew some of the staff he was back on a week later, but the fact of the matter is, it DOES happen.

9. Autumn

Autumn Banned

I should restate to never stuck through the actions of other players then. Scrolls are your friends. You should be buying them the moment you go to sanctum/panda the first time.

10. Arsuf

Arsuf Expert

How nice of you you turn your face on me as if im only the one who posted idea contradictory to yours.

Anyway, for me I dont kill low levels. Why? Because im playing ranger class and assassin class. It will blow my cover if I kill low levels because im always at stealth mode. But it seems you have been killed so many time that you cant actually moved on or it still hunts you in your sleep that your so in rage that you want 55s who killed 37s be ban.

CHill out....

11. Sagius

Sagius Getting there

The restrictions I suggested would make it to where these huge level gap ganks occurred less, thus, allowing players to enjoy the game a little more, and give the gank-happy players the choice of going around to hunt for level 45s if they still can't hack it in core, or suck it up and do some ACTUAL PvPing

12. Kanaka

Kanaka Proficient

13. Barokajin

Barokajin New Member

Actually they DO spawn camp you..literally all they do is stand around a flight point and wait for people to come by, and they KNOW they're lowbies, so they can't do shit. Yesterday there was a glad that killed me after i flew to the garrison so i just waited and watched him, and he killed about 10 more people untill some elyos came to kill him. Actually right now as I write this, there's about 5 asmos surrounding my dead body, because they think i'm going to rez somehow, and it's been 20 minutes.

14. Arsuf

Arsuf Expert

Now you have turned to another subject. Pking someone all over again. Dude here in gamez, they have limit the number of kills you can have on a particular character to 10 kills. After 10 kills you can get only 10 AP, and theres no point on killing that particular char again.

As I recall from the servers i have been playing or have played, it is mostly PVP server which dont have a rules on killing players in repetition but do have spawn camping rules and safe zones. About the server you played, maybe its not a pvp server eh?:biggrin:

15. ablindman02

ablindman02 Im A Beast You A Pet Forum Legend

You cry alot its a private server with 200x's the normal xp stop crying and lvl :)

16. Arsuf

Arsuf Expert

Well, about spawn camping I might agree banning players for spawn camping. Since you cant avoid or have no chance to defend yourself at the spawn point.

17. Barokajin

Barokajin New Member

Some real PvP would be nice :innocent:...pathetic that anyone would have to hack or gank lowbies just so they can feel good about themselves or do some "PvP".

1 person likes this.
  18. Sagius

Sagius Getting there

How in the world did I turn to another subject?? THIS is my situation, I got people that will sit there and gank me over and over and over again. See, the genius that you are(lol) has once again managed to miss the point, I provided an example from another game to show you what I'm dealing with here. It doesn't matter that they only get 10ap for doing it....they're ganking LOW LEVEL TOONS that have ZERO AP on them, which means they get what....24AP for killing a toon that has 0 AP? They don't care how much AP they get for doing it moron(Now I can call you that because you've proven that you are one, regardless of what you try to say), they do it JUST TO DO IT....sheesh....If you're going to try to sound intelligent, at the very least, you could do it right and know the gankers who camp around to kill low levels are doing it just to do it....wow....

19. FallenPreacher

FallenPreacher Proficient

looks like all we can hope is they restore the rift lvl caps soon

20. Sagius

Sagius Getting there

It isn't the leveling....its the farming, the questing, exploring different areas I'm talking about....what's the point of doing the quests when you're 55? There's no reason to do them, so I do decent payout quests to get the exp and make it to where its actually going to use and not waste.