1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Level gap restrictions for PvP....GOLDEN IDEA

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Sagius, Aug 30, 2010.

?

Your opinion on level gap restrictions for PvP?

1. Best idea I've heard all week.

10 vote(s)
    24.4%
  2. Would certainly level the playing field.

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  3. YES! I'm sick of people ganking my lower levels!

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. I thought 55s weren't allowed to kill toons lower than lvl 30 anyway o.0

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  5. No, that's all I do on my 55s now is gank lower levels.

9 vote(s)
    22.0%
  6. G!VE K!N4H NAU >.<

14 vote(s)
    34.1%
  1. Littlegirl

Littlegirl Banned

You CAN'T make this illegal, it's the way Aion is, it's called ''ganking''. It's fun, because people like you will QQ more, which is basicly feeding us to kill you more and more and more. Personally I like to have some fun with my target, like keeping it feared/rooted/whatever for 30 minutes, then kill him.

Anyways if this rule would actually be implemented I'd laugh my balls off, that would be the most giant fail I have ever seen in history, GM's listen to the players for once, but then listens to the QQer.

All you have to do is implement the curse. If you kill too much lowbies in a certain time, you get a curse which makes all other people see you on the map. Easy target.

2. Sagius

Sagius Getting there

You mean their right Mr. "OP"? If they do it to the point to where they camp out at landing spots for flight travel, or they go in alliance groups, circulate all throughout the hotspots in the area and stay there all day long, crowding up the server with useless low level gank parades, (haven't gotten one of these yet but you never know) demand items/money for them to stop targeting you and making your day hell(which on top of pking me 20-30 times a day was also a reason for him being banned).

By the way, what's your viewpoint on hackers? Should they be permanently banned or do you feel they should just be able to speed hack all day long. PvP is meant to be challenging, not a one-sided stomp-out...that is my point. They either figure out something based off of my suggestion or fix the damn rifts, SOMETHING needs to be done...

1 person likes this.
  3. Aethelfaed

Aethelfaed Proficient

Firstly this is so stupid, if many of you have played retail you would undestand that due to this issue NCsoft incorporated PVP negative effects to characters who always ganked which gave them debuffs lowering all their stats for a period of time thus making them easy to kill even for a lower level player, as such 30s could actually kill the 40-50 level players. This debuff was on a progressive scale and got worse with the more kills they aquired from low ranked or levelled players.

The reason this system would not work here is because I just think it is to much programming for devs to instigate this fix and from what I can tell the devs here are not really great at programming but pull work from Zeta core and other places instead of instigating their own individual fixes (don't quote me on this just what I have read in forums, so just re-stating what others have said).

Secondly, how do you get ganked so much I just levelled my 7th 55 and was not killed once by any Asmos anywhere, I levelled both in Ethlen and Heiron to 55. Your key to levelling is to avoid the outposts and you do fine, there are plenty of quests in places asmos/elyos rarely tread and the only chance you have of being ganked is either if they are raiding main city or a random person spots you.

Thirdly, you really complain alot about many things, it is just a game, try to have fun and ignore the bad things about it. Everything in life is not perfect, retail I was ganked about 140 times in Heiron by asmos levelling, here you can level to 55 in about 3-5 hours so come on man, if you had ever played on a true retail server you would know you face the same situations and in many cases much worse on the very populated servers.

4. zweistein

zweistein Proficient

yeah, i got an idea

remove free fly + fix the f**king rifts = retail like raiding system
    all lvls are happy kkthnxbb

5. Arsuf

Arsuf Expert

OK Mr. Genius you will be my new Grammar teacher since your so particular with grammar/spelling even the slightest misspelled word/s you wont miss it and you just have the urge to criticize it. Nice attitude you got Mr. As if Genius.

Hmmmm.....We have now shifted to another subject eh? Ok for the hackers of course perma ban them all or perma IP ban them. Bug abusers or bug exploiters should also be ban. This is my straight answer Mr. As if Genius.

To tell you, PVP is not what you always expect it to be. There are many factors to consider to have a challenging pvp and your so called race balance. One factor you should consider is the number of players in each race. Since we are playing in different time zones there are times that one race lacks the numbers than the other and vice versa. Second, the willingness of your race mates to help you in raids or repel raiders. And other factors that will be too long to enumerate.

Dont just say that pvp is unbalanced because you were killed by high levels 50x or more. Since you are the TS, you might want to stick to your idea of banning high levels for killing lowbies 10 or more levels below them. And pls do rationalize dont just flame on me.

P.S.
    Oppps might have a wrong spelling/grammar. Pls do me a favor and correct it pls Mr. As if Genius.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  6. Asleep

Asleep Proficient

You don't gain so much AP from low level people,
    If you make 30 and below invulnerable to damage people will make chars to make fun of high levels around.
    Not to mention its not so hard to get 55 quickly in an hour.

Just my opinion,

7. pavodelajusticia

pavodelajusticia Proficient

nope just ban lv55 people that rift into lv45 rift zones. :kewl: