1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Audentia Damage Hack!! do something asap

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Asphel, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Rane

Rane New Member

more and more hackers. ban one, and another crops up. another elyos damage hacker in Morheim just now.

the GMs have to be in-game to see the hackers online and doing hacks before they are banned?
    video/screenshot evidence not enough? you can't ban them if the hackers are not online hacking?

if yes, then i guess we're doomed.

2. EmoBiscuit

EmoBiscuit Just keep swimming. o3o

Anonymouz and Karissa were on last night waiting for them, but they didn't show up. Anon said they'd try again.

3. Rane

Rane New Member

imo that's pretty stupid, because the hackers only need to do //gmlist on a different char and they can see the GMs online, and they will not log in.

i know, yes, GMs can go invisible.

but the mere fact that the hackers have to be online before they can get banned, that really blows. someone has to be online waiting for them 24/7, or at least taking shifts, to get them banned. lol.

or even picture a scenario like this: the hacker is online, the players see them and look for a GM to report them. the players do //gmlist, and they see no GM, who may be invisible waiting for the hackers to go online, but no one can notify them because they cannot be seen and therefore PM'ed. how ironic.

4. Asleep

Asleep Proficient

GM's have alts that wont be listed on //gmlist that they use to hunt those people.

5. sundried

sundried Getting there

Uh....

Oh. So they actually HAVE to be online to see for themselves? o_O If that's the policy, then 'mmkay. Here's a question though:

How in the world are the GM's gonna cover all time-zones? If this is so, then there has to be a GM online 24/7 to actually catch these fools. Looking at the GM apps, most if not all "promise" they'd be online just about 5-7 hours a day (like they actually do live up to their "promised time in-game"). That leaves a whole lot of time for a hacker to run around freely.

I mean, are they gonna go on 6 hour - 8 hour shifts now? No flames, I'm just a player who's curious about server security against cheaters.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  6. hitkill

hitkill Well-Known Member

Whe need to have evidence if you provide that.
    Whe need to know the account name and IP.
    Then whe can apply for a ban.
    But in the mean time we got a big open field called prison where the hacker can hang untill he got punished.

7. Rane

Rane New Member

okay, thanks for the info. i have reported the latest one who was killing in Morheim and Core just a few minutes ago, with a screenshot, in the Reports section.

too bad the database is not as accessible in Aion as it is in some games, like Ragnarok Online. we ran an RO private server some years ago, and even if you just have the character name, the account name and IP can be traced in the database. good times.

hope something can be done about this ASAP.

8. robbert777

robbert777 Proficient

wish i could do that much dmg :D

9. Ashtar

Ashtar Enraged Ashtarius Forum Legend

I logged so far today 12 hours in game almost and it's not even lunchtime yet.:wink:

10. ProjectBaluga

ProjectBaluga New Member

Aisha - Cheater

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. sundried

sundried Getting there

mmkay. cool.

Did you get them this time?

Seriously, 12 hours, that's cute. However, that doesn't really prove anything unless you and the rest of the GM's (who basically applied and WANTED the position) are gonna do it LONG TERM for the sake of server security and the community OR the Admin can somehow implement better protection. I'm just saying it as it is.

Again, I'm not flaming, it's just that long-past and recent events have cast a considerable shadow of doubt into the Staff's capability to handle this server. I'm not generalizing here. Some of the staff actually did their best (they know who they are). But sadly, Crystal needed good staff AGES ago. Are we getting it now? Well, only you guys can answer that with your actions and not your posts.

All I can say is: Walk the walk, not just talk the talk.

12. Fenria

Fenria Getting there

Make their IP banned :devil:

13. hitkill

Wel database is accessible by carl using something like navicat. But a GM doesn't have access like that because in that same database there is items legion skills ect.

So if get that access we get almost same as a Admin only then with more power to mess things up.

And will look in report section as soon as i can.

14. Audentia

Audentia New Member

proxy servers :love:

edit:
    yay for imprisoning me.

P.S. i have yet to hear any thanks to me: you got GMs on your server now )

edit2: prison view from the sky:
    [​IMG]

15. sundried

sundried Getting there

^that's a really twisted and inappropriate way of putting it. o_O

On the other hand, I cannot help but feel an inescapable logic at the thought.... Admin/GM action has NEVER been this rapid around here without major forum e-drama/wars or h4xx0rs like you. Carl's been on the forums more times than I've ever seen before in my entire 2 month stay. GM appointments in a flash OMGlol! It is sad and although I UTTERLY DO NOT AGREE AT ALL WITH YOU BEING ALLOWED IN-GAME FOR SO LONG AND AM OVERJOYED THAT YOU ARE GONE, yeah... That's the way things rolled around here.

So thanks.... in a twisted sort of way. Still weird as hell and mightily inappropriate, tbh. Yeah, you can leave now, go go!

@GM's: If this guy is out for good, wow, seriously. props all around. good job. clap clap. There's still a lot more of them, but you got one down. Yay, you. I'm not being sarcastic here. Hopefully at least we can get back to some pvp (or whatever it is you call this buggy, flying, you-are-too-far-away-lol-you-have-no-bow-arrow-spell-fixed-Ankle-Snare thing/aspect of the game)

16. Rane

Rane New Member

nah, i'd like to deny you that satisfaction.

17. Audentia

Audentia New Member

its only Prison, nothing prevent me from creating another character (maybe asmo this time ?)

18. sundried

sundried Getting there

WTFU%$^@#$@$%(@!&%$!)(%)OMGlol if this turns out to be true. :sick:

Whatever. I'm done. I wash my hands of thee and this matter. I have bought the farm, kicked the bucket to kingdom come. The carebox status is: \_/ empty. I rest my case.

19. hitkill

It is temporary only prison A Admin will ban you later on.

20. Audentia

Audentia New Member

can i have some cellmates please ?