1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Moderator's Inappropriate Behaviour

Discussion in 'Contact Us' started by Akikaze, Nov 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akikaze

Akikaze Elohim, Essaim...I implore you Forum Legend

An admin is in essence a moderator himself. If you want to get technical, lets make it technical. Remember the whole "AMs are moderators too"? Someone chose it as a collective term.

Personal attacks against users is indeed prohibited and not to be reinforced. HOWEVER everyone should get treated objectively when punishments are issued. Were the punishments handed out equally? A user flaming had a moderator abused their powers to be a tool of personal attack. Then surely those moderators should get suspended and punished themselves. Unbreakable wrongly issued infraction points on people and got banned. Illusions/Mrkronete should get demoted/banned then.

Oh, don't even get me started on the "drama threads and attempts to cause drama".
    That is an attempt to create drama all on its own: http://forum.gameznetwork.com/threa...meforge-client-credits-to-theunderdog.183905/
    If the guide's original creator want it deleted, he has the every right for the guide to be deleted and removed. Simply re-posting it without permission is an attempt to start drama. It have even been requested that you delete his work and yet the request was ignored/refused. I take this as offensive to Underdog. (Not to mention discouraging Dimitra's forum account but continue to use her Facebook cover image).

As a matter of fact, here's an example of a user that escaped punishment despite his vulgar words, simply based on the fact he was defending the server. http://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/user-discouragement.183901/#post-1836815

If you want a two way street and state the rules to me, then you have to follow your own rules.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
    Bordy, Rubyah, Ayaria and 1 other person like this.
  2. zeei

zeei lkaashl.deviantart.com

its so ccccold around this parts.. no more Yellow names to warm us up.. sigh...
    brace yourselves winter has begun in gamez..

3. Kyle

Kyle Banned Forum Legend

To be honest. No. I posted that for the soul purpose that some people needed the guide and I thought it was quite rude of him to remove it just because he left staff. But nevertheless, I did PM him saying I was making my own version but I was keeping it up until I make my version just so someone has a reference. I am not done making my version yet but I have started

4. Slyther

Slyther Oculus Ex Inferni Forum Legend

sole*

It is his guide, and it is therefore his intellectual property. Should he want to have it removed at any time, he can do so because it's his. If you're going to make an alternative guide, make it but take down his guide because, regardless of whether it is helpful or whether you think it's rude, you have no right to go against what the author wants in this case. You might have (rather might have had, although I'm sure that'll change soon enough again) the power to call the shots on what to do with the post, but in the domain of intellectual property, you are at a loss.

Also, regarding Discouragements: As I've said before, User Discouragements are an act of cowardice; if you want me gone, ban me and be done with me. Destroying my forum user experience while still allowing me to lurk around is quite fucking pointless. I'll still find my ways to posting what I want regardless of how fucked up my experience is, and if anything, being discouraged only makes my posts all the more aggressive, especially considering how little the green names have done towards making me (and a ton of other people) comfortable during my time in this community, or during my time serving this community, but how much they are doing to try and ruin everyone's forum user experience, essentially working big time to piss off the entire community.

Bordy, Razor, Rubyah and 3 others like this.
  5. llspacemonkeyll

llspacemonkeyll (ง •̀_•́)ง (눈_눈) sweet demon

i hope everyone gets along...i mean...both sides have their points...but mehhh it is human nature to have conflicts with one another...that's why my latest media post...i cleary stated that it was a "joke" :p n just for fun

6. Gdfrappe

Gdfrappe New Member

US vs GODS :)

7. Frix

Frix 고독한 Forum Legend

It his guide if he wants it removed it should be fucking removed. And no one gives a fuck about what you think is rude, do you know how fucking rude is to use someone else work without his permission? And who cares that you PM'd him, did he reply with "oh ofc Kyle, you're awesome and i really like you so sure, you can use it!"? Doubt it.

8. Bard

Bard R E T I R E D

i hope we have good solution here.....many players need help here;)

Zaido likes this.
  9. Anilin

Anilin New Member

======> Not possible by a Moderator. => Possible for yo man, Lautaro.
    =====> No comment, but I know many of them were reversed due to my request after I found out.=> Yeah sure take credit for who Alente unbanned, but then why is Grrr still banned if it was your idea to unban everyone? You werent even on when they banned us so please refrain yourself of trying to be a saint that you arent.
    =====> Not possible by a Moderator => Dont make me repeat myself.
    =====> Not possible by a Moderator => Gawd, CEO is both like a Mod and AM in one do i really have to explain you all? Since you melted the differance between Mod and AM i dont think you have the right to argue.

10. Lautaro

Lautaro Gamez Co-Founder Forum Legend

The only users who have been discouraged are those who have recently been spamming the forums more actively and promoting drama caused by recent events. The rest have been given warnings.

Kyle and Zaido like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.