1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You Hate Songweavers?

Discussion in 'Hot Spam' started by Louy, Feb 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ciremay

ciremay Getting there

how could i hate songweavers...they give MANA. that is my answer

Louy and Witch like this.
  2. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

I meant fights in general, calm your horses lmao.
    And if you think "dueling" 2 digit pings as a SW is the same as a duel with a 2 digit glad then I guess you've never won against any low ping glad lol.

3. Witch

Witch Scarlet Witch

Yeah well. I was just pointing out that you can't always choose who you do and don't wanna fight lol.

4. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

I never said anything against that?
    I simply stated that fighting (generally fighting) assassins and gunners with a 2 digit ping being a 3 digit okay SW is hard, even more when the opponent is actually really good with their classes. Hence the statement "talking about it is ridiculous", sins will win almost always lol.

We pretty much had the same point. Dunno why you think I'm always somehow trying to humiliate you or something :p

5. Bernkastel

Bernkastel The Executioner Forum Legend

I really doubt that any songweaver could survive 3 or more people hitting him at the same time., especially when we already know how OP the gladiators and the templar can be in Siel.

6. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

Oh.. you haven't seen anything.

Aniline likes this.
  7. Bernkastel

Bernkastel The Executioner Forum Legend

You can always show me how to do it in a zerg =)

8. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

Enjoy

Also, dunno who calls "3 people"=zerg lol

Emita likes this.
  9. Eyeshielder

Eyeshielder Legendary Member Forum Legend

I'll nuke y'all with ma AT.

10. Badrobot

Badrobot SNU SNU

Isn't it obvious?

Songweaver is a great damage dealer, a healer and somewhat like a mini spirit master. 3 points to Songweaver for being the first one to go down, of course unless there's a spirit master in the area, in that case the songweaver will be the second one to die.

And the fact that they are wearing cloth, makes them even more of a target. Seriously nobody's stupid enough to sit there and hit glads or templars or even sins when there's a songweaver around them. You would assume that chanters and clerics would be the first targets, and that's mostly the case in organized pvp, but in open world pvp when you have no idea who's with who, you'd pick a songweaver anytime. They are easier to kill and far more dangerous than priests.

Cheyenne, Uehara, Wangfei and 2 others like this.
  11. Grrr

Grrr Highly Damaging Member Forum Legend

If i remember right (and i probably do) the only person in that vid with gear was a temp and the fight lasted around 2-3 mins. Everyone else took retarded damage due to the solo buff, there was even a sorc failing to cast balaur seeker 4 times in a row. Worst example.
    As for zerging = "winning by overpowering an opponent by using quantity over quality".
    So by its real definition even a 2v1 is zerging if the 2 suck.
    Just like 50v1 wouldn't be zerging if all 51 are good. Meh, not like anyone cares, "zerging" is just a shitty excuse for losing in here.

Alourn, Louy and Witch like this.
  12. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

Tbh when you talk about "zerging" you obviously mean having to fight a bunch of people that are decent or even bad and the only thing they have over you is the number.. If you bring me the 5 top players in the server and ask some SW to outheal them then it probably won't happen. Surviving a "zerg" takes some skill and I don't know why it's an "insult" if said zerg consists of players you can't play. It's still a zerg. Even if they smash their heads against their nukes they will do high DPS.

Surviving any kind of "zerg" is a good thing to do (unless of course they're wearing tunic for training or something which I'm sure these people were not, they were just not good)

13. Kessie

Kessie alis volat propriis Forum Legend

Well FFA is pretty much the playground of mostly plate classes who have a good reason to target you first since if you think about it, we own some advantage over them when it comes to 1v1. No matter what classes you may meet there, they will probably aim at you also first and foremost just as any other cloth classes because after spiritmasters or more like along with them, we are the most annoying classes with debuffs, sleeps, dots etc. (ever wondered why I switched from gladi).

On the other hand if you are undergeared and as you mentioned "new with this class", people can look at you also as an easy kill for them since despite the lack of knowledge and experience you have so far, you can be just as annoying either in solo or group (mana drain, paralyze, root, heals etc.). Even in world PvP the natural thing is to kill the healer classes and us so we have to expect to get aimed more often, in my opinion. Hence why the number of plates found in FFA is usually higher than any other classes. Once or twice I went in there with my oldie gladiator as I got annoyed by being targeted all the time especially with my paper set and I felt myself literally like a sin after I switched to plate. It was just more enjoyable as a plate. No one was really focused on me from that time any longer but rather on any other classes. I could get in a fair 1v1 fight or 1v2 finally without getting interrupted as before. I kinda miss that about SW, on the other hand what I like so much about bards is that I am obliged to play against each class differently, I have to play and use my skills much smarter (unlike a SM). I don't agree with those who claim we can kill any classes with one combo at all. Nope nope.

Players naturally aim at that class first which has a lil more advantage over them. When I meet let's say a sin and a gladiator in there with my bard, I would also go for the sin first because he would have more chance against me if I let him disappear while I'm fighting with the gladiator and jumped at me in a later time when I don't expect it. We kinda play the same way but the difference may be only the fact that we are considered to be annoying to even more classes, therefore more players would do the same to me as I would do to that sin. (sorries)

Since either way cloth classes happen to get teamed up in a way, I try to use a similar "strategy" and when I meet those plate backstreetboy bands along with a cloth player who's getting nuked by all of them in the same time cause they think it makes the PvP more enjoyable, I gladly choose one of those glads to be my first target instead of making it 4v1 with no fun at all. At least it may ease the feeling of racism to my cloth fellows in distress.

(and maybe also because I know I would be the next target if I let that cloth die first D; )

What I would recommend you to do is going training 1v1 at least as long as you get used to the class and later on when you feel more confident about your skills, you might wanna try solo MIX more instead of FFA in order to learn to face more people there. Verteron/Altgard solo buff is really OP and it could help improving yourself even better when you're getting jumped by more than two.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
    Saruayu, Wangfei, Bernkastel and 3 others like this.
  14. Fluffaluffagus

Fluffaluffagus Meow

I just find it amazing. I have a fully geared song weaver but looking at some of these videos, i just don't understand how the class works. When I play the class, I get two shotted and I never do above 1.6k damage except with treble cleave. In that video dimitra posted, that SW is tanking 5 people without taking much damage at all and I saw a few skills hit at least 4k and one even did 9k.

Magic dps classes piss me off. That is why I like support.

smallfries and ToddlersLoveme like this.
  15. Witch

Witch Scarlet Witch

Whats your gear and build? If you are looking for a class that nukes then you should probably play sorcerer they beat songweaver damage and CC wise if you ask me ( lots of nukes, sleeps and binding skills ).

Also in that video the songweaver has the "power of elimination" buff which decreases the damage you take while also increasing the damage you do as Grrr mentioned above. If you had 3-5 players on you without the solo buff you may last a few seconds or even a minute but you will very unlikely kill all 3-5 unless they're really really under geared.

And Songweaver is basically support along with DPS. In 4.8 we're able to use our 'clense' on allies so basically we will be able to clense targets similar as a cleric does, tho our clense has a 8 second cool down (pretty short) but not as better as the cleric clense which has no cool down.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  16. Mythic

Mythic LEGENDARY ICON MEMBER Forum Legend

17. Fluffaluffagus

Fluffaluffagus Meow

Arbiter set (mb/ma) with arbiter harp fused with attack speed harp
    and 5/5 shep accessories

ToddlersLoveme likes this.
  18. Meanz

Meanz Tonight, we CHILL in Hell! Forum Legend

Funny how easy it is to get people arguing in this server xD I had almost forgotten...

Not that Cami is a bad player or anything. I actually consider her pretty good, but these people she fought... hardly anyone she fought had the Solo buff and most people were just mashing the keyboards. No actual stacking on debuffs, no actual skill rotation or anything that would remotely make sense. Bad example indeed. Fun to watch 5 people fail to kill her though xD

Louy and Witch like this.
  19. Witch

Witch Scarlet Witch

Well I'm sure you got the damage seen as you gotta the same gear as what I do and was what the songweaver in the video does... Just go mix with solo buff you will notice a huge difference in damage compared to not having the solo buff. It's pretty easy to notice. But like I said before go sorcerer if you really really wanna nuke. I got hit 10k crit by a sorc before and I'm full arbiter... That is almost 1 hit.

Yes cami did great! Not every songweaver can take 3-5 people out even with the solo buff that's for sure

20. Dimitra

Dimitra 安心。 Forum Legend

Lol you guys are so funny trying to find bad points about every pvp video to make yourselves feel better :p The same people that make fun of cami's "zerging survival" shit can't even survive themselves xD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.