1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

server has big problems!!!

Discussion in 'Old Threads' started by Chepe, Sep 7, 2010.

1. gababag

gababag Proficient

pls roll it back..

i lost my STORM WINGS WHILE RELOGING.

this is really anoying >.>

2. Vtlegend

Vtlegend Expert

Yeah I hope they do rollback too.....swapped items with a random elyos somewhere upon relogging

3. nicojelek

nicojelek Getting there

now we have 2 server? give link that explain about those server please

4. Nhuktala

Nhuktala Expert

Get a whore and a beer then do a quickie... That's a better idea... :wink:

5. Pitfull

Pitfull New Member

only 1 whore? ;)

6. Aethelfaed

Aethelfaed Proficient

not 2 servers it is just 2 channels this may explain it little

A client makes a TCP connection to the server's port. This connection, called the control connection, remains open for the duration of the session, with a second connection, called the data connection, opened by the server from its port to a client port (specified in the negotiation dialog) as required to transfer file data. The control connection is used for session administration (i.e., commands, identification, passwords)exchanged between the client and server using a telnet-like protocol. For example "RETR filename" would transfer the specified file from the server to the client. Due to this two-port structure, FTP is considered an out-of-band, as opposed to an in-band protocol such as http.

This is talking about file Transfer protocol but I am pretty sure it has the same basis for server connection.

In other words if I am correct in my limited programming knowledge Carl has instigated 2 port connections to the server in an attempt to alleviate some of the connection and stability problems with the server, don't flame me if I am wrong just explain the reasoning better than I did *I did say limited programming knowledge, but this is the only basis I can think of for instigating 2 port connections to same server so everyone is not accessing the server over one port*

1 person likes this.