1. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

My personal view of Lumiel

Discussion in 'Contact Us' started by Nixxie, Jun 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imrahil

imrahil Asmo's face smasher

@Nixxie
    I play on siel from the UK and I play with 100-150 ping without reducer so u should get anywhere from 150-200 depending where ya playing from and peek times on server

2. Destiny

Destiny ✮The Hoarder✮

250 - 350 if i play on Siel >.>

Nixxie likes this.
  3. imrahil

imrahil Asmo's face smasher

4. Illusions

Illusions ß̫͒̃ڻᶇٴᶇٴŷ̪ Ķ̫͌ńĭģĥŧ̝̜᷈ Forum Legend

We will make sure to take your suggestions into consideration however please think about the following points I'll try to make.

Lumiel has their own group of team who are managing it and so far are doing everything they're capable of to try to bring some players back. Hence lisveth put a few months of planning into the "Hunger Games" for Lumiel. Regarding your point of carefree staff? Well I cannot seem to find the example of anybody within staff who would be carefree, we are all individuals who dedicate their free time in order to help people and remember, while we cannot stay online the whole day as we have our own things to do in order to continue our day by day things, we are volunteers. We are not looking to provide a 24/7 service and I highly doubt that will happen anytime soon, we have much better things to focus on right now.

Regarding the lots of repetitive points you've made about staff not caring about Lumiel and the server on its own deserving more time, I don't know how else to tell you this but if we had plans of closing Lumiel or we wouldn't care about it, why on earth would we allocate the server it's own team.

My personal view of this is that people in general need to think about what staff do and the amount of free time there is for us even, to do something. Most of the work that is done by senior staff will not be seen by the public as we want to keep our discussions and plans private. That means you will probably find out about something 1-2 months after we planned it and not just in the spur of the moment because we just feel like posting something.

I hope this has answered your questions and addressed your points. If you would like to have another conversation regarding this then do not hesitate to contact me personally, I'll be glad to pass on your suggestions and listen to your points.

Kind Regards,
    Illusions

lisveth, Mythic, Zatox and 1 other person like this.
  5. wtfnooo

wtfnooo Getting there

If im going to come back to gamezaion i will try to go lumiel to save the population it is sad to see a server where i started my journey losing people.

6. Adieu

Adieu Respected Member

as the first AM of lumiel this makes me sad to see such a low population

but if I'm gonna be honest the server was never super populated anyways, maybe a 100 on each side? Idk how much more active it ever got after my time tho

7. QueenSydney

QueenSydney Love is a beautiful pain.

I'm sorry but really this thread is really like a broken record and it's quite annoying. They do their jobs behind the scenes, you just don't see it. Just don't start accusing of this and that, @lisveth knows what she's doing. Both servers are treated equally, the only difference is Lumiel has diff event prizes/population and other standards that we don't know about.
    You can post suggestions that's fine but then when a thread like this becomes like every other thread and the same complaints over and over again it just makes everything that much more difficult and frustrating. I'm also pretty sure no one wants to keep seeing the repeating things being said over so many times.

lisveth and Zatox like this.
  8. Ethereal

Ethereal Legendary Member Forum Legend

You just don't appreciate the things in Lumiel. That's it.

lisveth, Zatox, Nixxie and 1 other person like this.
  9. Kyungmi

Kyungmi ♥♥♥ Forum Legend

You don't even "play" D: You just "log in"....

Zatox likes this.
  10. Nixxie

Nixxie Banned

Yea you can just come and play on Lumi <3 :)

11. Destiny

Destiny ✮The Hoarder✮

And when I see that none of my friends are on, I log out :')

12. Ethereal

I planned to be in Lumi, sadly, I don't have "any"friends there :3

13. Akikaze

Akikaze Elohim, Essaim...I implore you Forum Legend

*A wild Akikaze appears!!*
    Can't say we didn't say warn you. Called it.
    *Akikaze flees!*

Dimitra and Ayaria like this.
  14. Carnage

Carnage Lord Of Calamities: OMEGAWEAPON Forum Legend

Ugh... Yeah Agree with the rest of the peeps here. Lumiel has gone dead for a long time.

15. Rahgol

Rahgol Awoken and scarred. Forum Legend

Time to clean up some stuff I guess.

First off, I doubt the truth of Nixxies statement regarding how she made "many suggestions to staff members and so on how to make the server more wanted". At least I haven't received or seen any suggestions coming from her, neither did lisveth or Alourn as I have asked them to make sure I'm not going to make a false statement here.

Secondly, the biggest problem isn't the lack of updates, the bugs, the server location, the stigma system, the staff or what the hell ever. The biggest problem is the philosophy of the people.
    I have seen lots of people coming to the server and asking why there's no one around because they want PvP, action, people and such.
    Out of twenty of said players, maybe two actually stayed for the sake of the population, because they preferred the stigma system, had a better ping, there was many reasons they didn't wander off to Siel.
    In a nutshell, most of the players want action, PvP, a high population but the least of them are willing enough to work for it if it doesn't already exist. In my eyes, those people don't understand that the server's population depends on them and not the staff, the features or whatever.
    Let me put an example case to visualize the context of this philosophy. A woman gets threatened and probably beaten up in a train full of passengers. Everyone is looking at the incident and saying or shouting how one should go help that poor woman in her time of need. But how many of those shouting passengers would stand up and do something themselves? Think about it.

Another factor is that I have noticed during my Aion time how a lot of players preferred playing on a server with all stigma skills because they found it funnier, more entertaining and easier to get started in PvP. Don't ask me why the same people cry about the lack of class balance though. Stigma system was invented for a good reason back then, after all.
    Yes, the 1vs1-PvP generally follows a stone-paper-scissor-concept, I know that but that isn't the topic of this thread here.

Next thing that gets on my nerves is this: "the carefree staff members who at least are supposed to stimulate the players to do something"
    All due respect Nixxie, are you kidding us with that?
    What else than hosting events, do you think, we can do as staff? We can't force people to join after all. If they are AFK, too lazy or whatever, it's sad but nothing we have control over.

If you people want Lumiel to have a better population, then help populating it. The staff does their part in terms of moderating and managing the server, we can't magically let players pop out of nowhere and serve a perfectly filled server on a damn silver-plater.

This complaining about Lumiel's population won't make things better.

Zatox, Illusions and lisveth like this.
  16. Ethereal

17. Rahgol

Also, to anyone who shares Nixxies opinion regarding "carefree staff members", have a look at the Balaur Games event. For more than a second of course. Look at the concept, the texts, the graphics and try to think about the work and effort that went into preparing that event.

I'm not gonna spoil a bit but the preperations for the event started around the middle of April already.

Zatox, Illusions and lisveth like this.
  18. Frix

Frix 고독한 Forum Legend

So you're basically asking for a miracle to happen.
    Don't you think there was a reason why ppl left Lumiel? You want them to come back there, AFK for days and just wait for new players to join bcuz of Lumiel events, making them miss what players want the most - action, PvP, etc.

Witch likes this.
  19. frugo170

frugo170 New Member

Razan dont u think that better is playing without stigma system etc but with ppl than standing in lumiel and watching the 10 ppls in serch menagment? of course siel have bad ping for me coz its around 300+ but i ll say it again..beter to play with ppls than be alone in lumiel -.- and by the way u should make transvering to each of sercher free so players can chose wich server is better for them...the only thing u maked for now is problems coz u can of course travel to lumiel but no one is using it coz to go back u need to pay...this way this server ll never get ppls

piMike likes this.
  20. Rahgol

I think I was clear enough when I mentioned the philosophy of the players. Read it again if you want. Also, your statement right there by all means is lacking a point.
    If they want action and PvP, why don't they cause it themselves? Who forces them to sit AFK all day long? Tell me that please.

You right there should be VERY careful with your words. To you the same, if people prefer a lower ping and the stigma system over Siel, why don't they go play on Lumiel then? Why don't they talk to their friends on Siel who also prefer what I mentioned just now and join/transfer to Lumiel then? Explain me that please.

Illusions likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.