1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Aion 4.8 - new clerics

Discussion in 'GamezAION General Discussion' started by gamegek3, Jul 14, 2015.

1. gamegek3

gamegek3 New Member

Heya everyone,

I've been gone for quite a while from Gamezaion and got back like yesterday. Now that the 4.8 update has come, I was wondering what gear will be useful for new clerics to use? I am used to getting Kahrun gear, putting HP in it and be okidoke for IS and stuff, but with 4.8 sarpan etc is gone and I am a bit lost as to what gear I should use to gear up on my new cleric... I am used to getting Kahruns but beyond that I don't know...

So in short, does anybody have any advice for a new cleric in 4.8 to gear up as healing cleric?

Thanks for your replies in advance! :)

Yours truly,
    gamegek3

p.s. I play on Siel, asmodian side, my cleric's name is Kuranoaino.

2. Dementa

Dementa Providence Forum Legend

A guide will be made soon on where all the token/coin/medal gear NPCs are, mostly in Enshar or Cygnea depending on your race. As well as some in Cloister of Kaisinel and Marchutan Priory! Any "healing" cleric (depending on if you are PvE or PvP) should be running heal boost for pve and most likely magic resist or block for pvp so you can be surviving and healing at the same time.

There's quite a few changes and new skills I can't give any concrete information or guides on how exactly to play cleric, but as far as gear goes the Shepherd's/Custodian's and all purified upgrades from that will be the best obtainable wihout voting/donating. You will need a lot of Ceramium medals and Abyss points for these (puchasable in 4.8 in Marchutan Priory for asmodians). Other than that it would be Arbiter's or Elite Arbiter's (credit gear) for both PvP and PvE purposes.

lisveth likes this.
  3. Stark

Stark ᴘ ʀ ɪ ᴍ ᴇ ʀ ᴀ Forum Legend

Are you asking this with the thought of being able to PvP as well or just strictly PvE?

If PvP then a good starting point is to get gears thru Blood Mark then later on upgrading to Shepherd / Ambassador with the help of Ceramium Medals and Abyss Points.

If PvE then try to get Incensed Hyperion's Cleric set - http://aiondatabase.net/us/itemset/352/. You can get it from Infinity Shard.

4. gamegek3

gamegek3 New Member

Well, usually on my clerics I try to have different sets for pvp and pve. For PvP I will be aiming to get the shepherd's/custodian's set, but for PvE I actually want to get the incensed hyperion's set yea. My main worry was though if I will be geared enough to even do IS with the level 60 gear we get filled with HP manastones or if it is recommended to get some other PvE oriented set with HB or something (and then again, filled with hp manastones).

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  5. Stark

Stark ᴘ ʀ ɪ ᴍ ᴇ ʀ ᴀ Forum Legend

That should be fine unless for some reason you end up getting aggros off mobs and they start focusing you which most of the time usually means your tank / DPS isn't doing a very good job at what they're suppose to do.

gamegek3 and Arween like this.
  6. gamegek3

gamegek3 New Member

Okidoki then :) thanks for the feedback! :D

7. Arween

Arween Getting there

About PVE.
    I actually run IS as cleric with my Kahrun set full HB manstones ( i have 537 healing boost this way ) but i really suggest this build only for IS since you have to focus yourself on healing only and nothing else (obviously as Stark said.. if your group does a good job).
    Different story for other instances. Hyperion Mythic set and you can opt for Block or MR manstones ( I've chosen block ).

I also have a PVE set for solo instances. In this case I've chosen MB/MA manastones and it works great for me.

8. gamegek3

gamegek3 New Member

Oh, nice ;) I usually prefer full HP though since I've had bad experiences with full HB and it being mainly applicable in IS like you said. Just so you all know though, I am not actually new to the cleric class. :D I was playing cleric on retail till about a year ago when I was a bit done with how things were going in retail...

To come back on what you said though Arween, I will probably in the end have 3 sets haha. I like PvPing on my cleric, I love healing on my cleric (Both PvE and PvP) and I luuuuuv doing DPS with my cleric too :) In any case, I am covered with likes on the cleric front ^^

Again thanks for the input though :) Brings back good memories talking about builds and stuff hehe

9. Arween

Arween Getting there

My pleasure :)

I'm not a Pro in pvp because i tend to kill ( not mentioning it's useless since i can't even kill ants with full support pvp set ) rather than healing... but I just can't avoid it lol
    I like more pve side of cleric, because we can do a lot in solo!

10. Haziel

Haziel ✿ Hard scientist ✿ Forum Legend

Im a Support Cleric PvP and I in my experience, a build with full block really works.
    I try with MR build, but it did not work for me.
    I started with ambassador, because have more defense stats and I put full block. Now I have Arbiter, and I see the difference.

Hizael likes this.
  11. cocosul

cocosul Guest

12. Destiny

Destiny ✮The Hoarder✮

Lol you don't really need any set to get Incensed gear from IS, I've been doing IS on Siel with the starter set you get when making a char and living through it fine, the place is a cakewalk :eek:. You can also get defender/protector sets from the mix fight bastion boxes if you feel like the starter sets are hideous looking (which they are ;o)

gamegek3 and Kyungmi like this.
  13. Bambieundies

Bambieundies ╥▌Funeral Director▌╥

You are with random groups when doing IS most of the time. You need not worry about gears because even with anuhart gear, I bet you could do it without a problem. The thing you should be worried about is when you are in a group of STUPID PEOPLE.

Haziel likes this.
  14. masoy

masoy Proficient

blah blah blah buump all type of character its not unfair
    its only in a skills and a manastone ok guys no more fighting about the Cleric
    its only a skills just practice it and you can master that skills ^^

15. Luff

Luff - ᴛʜᴇ ғɪᴢᴢ - Forum Legend

As a cleric you should do your best based on what you are facing at the time of PVP (Block or Magic Resist). As we all know block as its purpose of solely blocking attacks from melee enemies reducing the damage you take and at times preventing you from being stunned or stumbled, so gg. As for the MR principle , it has multiple uses, it can prevent you from taking damage at all from magical users, as well as resist CC's which at times is very VERY important, as well as even stuns from other classes such as Sins and Songweavers. So it is just up to you what you choose to roll at the time of PVP, i.e what you are experience weaknesses in and so forth.

As for PVE, HP full set is usually the recommended go-to build with the best obtainable Mythic PVE set (Incense Hyperion) giving you more HP to so as tank more dmg without having to heal yourself immediately in case of danger and having more room to heal your tank up before focusing yourself, or vice versa.

So all in all, its up to the player really, you can do Healing Boost as well, but at the end of the day you cant heal anything if you're dead ^^.

//Matah

Arween likes this.
  16. gamegek3

gamegek3 New Member

Thanks all for your replies!

However, I was only really concerned with the gearing up towards IS I was used to in retail xD But as some of you have already said, the starter set is fine and I will have no trouble in that case :) I mostly have my builds otherwise planned out already :3 (though they probably will change some with the 4.8 update)

Thanks again and happy aioning (^o^)

17. cocosul

cocosul Guest

for i
    for pve use a cloth set bcs u will get a lot more mana, on IS u gain DP fast so u can charge a lot of mana with DP skill:) so in the end u can heal like a boss:D. i do solo instances with cleric i solo most of bosses with cloth set mb/hp