1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Getting new processor

Discussion in 'Questions' started by ShitieShit, Aug 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShitieShit

ShitieShit Proficient

So i had problems with my pc and now its being fixed so i thought to get a new processor because i am having lag in aion . my video card is Nvidia gt610 , and i want it to play laggy in aion , my old processor was amd i forget the full name but it was dual core 2.6 mhz .

2. Carnage

Carnage Lord Of Calamities: OMEGAWEAPON Forum Legend

You need to tell us what socket your cpu is.

3. imrahil

imrahil Asmo's face smasher

Well if it was an old amd its gonna be a AM2+ OR AM3 chip socket so there u go @Carnage ur question is answered

ShitieShit likes this.
  4. Jayreaper

Jayreaper Mr.BadAss

Changing ur processor will not change ur lag u need better videocard gt its already old

garlandzz and Carnage like this.
  5. Razor

Razor Master of Disguise Forum Legend

610 per se isn't even terrible, you can push it to 35~40 fps although you'd be better off saving up a little more for a more radical upgrade. Perhaps a FX6300 with GTX750.

ShitieShit and Luff like this.
  6. Jayreaper

Jayreaper Mr.BadAss

I don't think hes motherboard or power suply will allow to use those videocards cuz what u say are ddr 5 if u want to change somthing change all pc...

garlandzz likes this.
  7. Razor

Razor Master of Disguise Forum Legend

yeah pretty much

8. Carnage

If your upgrading for a different CPU, you should be able to get a decent cheap combo for under 300$. That includes:
    AMD base CPU
    AMD based motherboard
    DDR3/DDR2 Ram
    And you get a decent video card for under 100$. All in all were looking at abut 300-400$ for a high estimate. But you could push your budget to a cheaper upgrade. Don't go Intel base CPU because surely Intel is a hell'a expensive.
    Just visit this site to compare prices for your future upgrade.

https://pcpartpicker.com/

Luff likes this.
  9. Luff

Luff - ᴛʜᴇ ғɪᴢᴢ - Staff Member Aion Master

To furnish your lag in any game at all, you do need a stronger processor. For Aion, the video card barely does much of the work, it's the CPU that carries at least 80% of the performance.

So go AMD based as @Carnage says for Best Value for Money, the FX-6300 is mighty cheap and very decent for Aion and so is DDR3 ram, since the prices came down drastically since the start of summer. As for graphics card, I would honestly go Nvidia for that choice, the GTX750Ti is Mid ranged, good and affordable.

Marz likes this.
  10. s1ngl3

s1ngl3 ٠• Annoying •٠

You guys SERIOUSLY recommend all this crap? Read a little bit about computers please. He's got a shitty video card, AMD processor would be a terriible choice. Everything you've recommended is with OLD socket, 0 support, lots of heat, and parts you cannot get from any shop NOW due to being outdated. As for today, now, Intel CPU's - socket 1150 are 10 times better than any of the AMD crap each of you suggested. AMD= lots heat, no intergrated GPU inside the CPU, and lots of problems. As for the ram- SRLY DDR2? Is this 2005? Get 8GB DDR3 1600 MHZ at least, every single NEW game requires at least that amount of RAM. As for the GPU's- GTX 960 would do a fine job with ANY game- Its cool, its nice, requires a little power, you can use a decent 400-500W PSU without any problem at all- Seasonic / Fortron / something modular with a certificate would do the job.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
    Arween, Puddles and Frix like this.
  11. Carnage

Pretty much when talking about video card itself, Gtx 960 can run almost any game withtout having you configure those game to run in ultra. Aion would run without any problem with this kind of video card. As long as you have around 500w psu which is recommended to run the card, you're good.

On topic: When he's only changing his cpu, better get the ones that are in demand when it comes to performance and budget. If you want to re build your system with a budget of 400-700$ go for AMD and if you want to push your budget onwards, go for Intel which is around 700-1000$.

@s1ngl3, I've look some Intel CPUs and to my surprise there are actually cheaper intel CPU with 1150 socket than AMD lol.

Luff likes this.
  12. Luff

Luff - ᴛʜᴇ ғɪᴢᴢ - Staff Member Aion Master

All of what you just said made you not only sound like a fanboy, but someone who doesn't know facts of figures. I won't go into the whole techy stuff, but all of the FX CPUs (6300, 8320) are inexpensive with a cooler like every other existing CPU runs cool. as for the memory chipset, DDR3 is clearly the only way to go. AMD isn't crap, rightly said... it's not faster than Intel's comparing chips at single-core processing (which most games depend on) but the results, i.e Frame rates, and gameplay and overall PC performance isn't going to be crappy or concerning.

However, if this person can afford all of what you just said, then by all means. But as me and Carnage were pointing out, judging by the persons current set up and issue, the person clearly is a smart spender and not looking to splash crash (Just an observation)

As for your quote about the GTX960, that card isn't even a much of a HUGE upgrade over the GTX750Ti. It's faster yes, but for Aion? It's new architecture and a good amount more expensive than the GTX750Ti. But if you're going to spend that much money on that card which comes in at 210~230$ USD, then might as well just get the all new R9 380 for the same price which is more future proof.

And you recommending a Seasonic or Forton PSU. I won't even comment on that. But really and truly my fellow tech savvy friend, Value is of importance, not dishing out $$$$ just for 10~15fps more, when the person who is purchasing it doesn't need it. All this person asked for was an upgrade so they would NOT lag anymore.

Carnage's suggestion would very much resolve that issue. I've seen the FX-6300 6core CPU with an aftermarket cooler run low Temps (Cs) and chew up games like ArcheAge on High Quality. Just goes to show that it depends on what you are buying it for and how much you can afford to spend mate. Don't forget that next time you make suggestions to someone.

Carnage likes this.
  13. Carnage

Thread cleaned. Keep it civil for please and everyone's opinion is always welcome.

14. s1ngl3

s1ngl3 ٠• Annoying •٠

Ya srly deleted my post cause of 1 sentence, the first one? I basicly explained and answered every crap that guy was reffering to and you couldn't just edit the sentence and send me a warning but had to delete it? Damn if thats how things get handled nowadays I feel sorry for yah. Delete that one too, I wouldn't care mate, its just sad for you and for everyone else who bothers to spend time around.

P.S Keep liking each other's post, you guys fit right in. You see those magnets on my avatar? Relationships like yours obviously are not explainable by physics, but just like that avatar of mine they seem to happen to work out ... sad

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  15. ShitieShit

ShitieShit Proficient

I have 4 gb RAM , right now i don't have a lot time to play and i don't want to give a lot of money for upgrade and i ask for suggestion because i feel that my cpu is slowering my pc .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.