1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

For pro sins out there...

Discussion in 'Questions' started by jamdrum19, Dec 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OliverStylez

OliverStylez Legendary Box Hunter Forum Legend

The problem with assassins is that you need two weapons, but sometimes like now, the weapons you need don't have the abilities you want. Like extended range. Unfortunately you have to give up a little to get the best results. However, the best setup for assassins is as follows, and I will explain why...

Dagger: Main hand (Left Side of your character page) This is where your attack speed comes from. It affects your skill damage as well as your range. If you dont have an extendable in your left hand you don't get the range bonus.

Sword: Off-hand (Right side of your character page) this directly adds to your attack. If you have a dagger instead of a sword, you're sacrificing attack power and gaining no speed at all. This weapon does not have to be extendable as the range is decided by your main hand, as well as speed.

Both weapons contribute their PvP attack stats. If you have one weapon that has 6% PvP attack and the other has 3% you'll have 9% PvP attack bonus. However the speed does not stack. The only weapon that contributes speed boosts is your main hand weapon. Make sure that weapon is a dagger...

Now, here's the dilemma. Some people will say that two swords is better... You get higher attack with them. Well, yes, this is true... But this means that your attacks are slower, which inhibits an assassins biggest tool... Weaving. If your attacks are slow, it makes weaving effectively harder. Much harder actually. The timing is VERY important when as assassin weaves, and they can immediately drop over a third of their damage if they mess up their weave, because a lot of the damage a sin does is in their auto attacks between skills.

Now that we understand what an assassin needs to have in their weapon slots, lets look at manastones.

Assassins are a DPS class. If they have low DPS, they die. They're too squishy to last long in a pitched battle. You need to kill your opponent and GTFO like porkchop sandwiches...

That being said, the best way to increase your damage is by adding attack directly to your gear. IE: Attack stones... After you get your attack to a good threshold, go ahead and add crit. Exact stats will depend on your gear, but the higher the better, especially when you're weaving and dropping in your auto attacks along with your skills. Don't be afraid to ask around and compare your stats with other peoples stats and change up your stones from time to time to get a better result.

jamdrum19 and Snax like this.
  2. Ys

Ys Proficient Forum Legend

good essay

Ethereal and OliverStylez like this.
  3. phewbabz

phewbabz New Member

hahahaha i wanna see this guy play sin@OliverStylez

OliverStylez likes this.
  4. vantooth

vantooth Guest

yes less attack power but dual dagger's crit damage is greater than the dagger sword combo.

5. OliverStylez

OliverStylez Legendary Box Hunter Forum Legend

But do you want to rely on crit / RNG to do damage all the time? That's the question... Guaranteed damage... Or luck damage?

Sorry, my assassin days are over. I'm straight SM now. I might roll a templar in the future sometime... It's the only class I haven't played yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.