1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Persisting bad FPS stuttering

Discussion in 'Problems' started by Ligress, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Ligress

Ligress New Member

I've tried adjusting Nvidia 3D settings, changing my graphics any number of ways, nothing's helped. Every few seconds my FPS will plummet to 0 and I'm temporarily frozen. It doesn't matter if I'm training horses or if I'm grinding, but I have noticed I have to be moving for it to happen, standing still doesn't cause the problem.

I don't get this problem with the live game, and I didn't get it with this game when I first installed it three weeks ago. After the patch on March 12th, however, it began and I haven't been able to fix it since. It's killed me more times than I can count when I'm in the middle of a pack of mobs and it drops and I'm frozen there while the mobs murder me. Or even better when the assortment of red players come around and I'm stuck with them attacking me plus mobs.

Any help is appreciated, I literally can't do anything but lifeskill right now.

2. Lareldal

Lareldal Patience is a virtue <3 Forum Legend

Any number of issues can cause this problem, so forgive if i mention something you have already tried. Make sure you have your graphics card drivers up to date. Reboot your router, modem, and pc. If you have geforce experience, turn off in game overlay. Another thing yhou can do is log out of the launcher, click settings in the upper right corner and turn off seeding. Also, there has been a large increase to the server population very recently, and this is when some of the new issues started. It is possible that it could be that all channels are overrun, also, while you are having these issues, avoid places that are known to be laggy in high traffic times, such as heidel and altinova (with the arena issue going on).

3. Ligress

Ligress New Member

Thank you for the fast reply! I have tried rebooting the hardware, but I will give the drivers a lookover and see if I missed something and also try turning off seeding as you suggested. I don't have GEForce installed (not sure when that got removed but it'll come back with a new driver if I find one) so I don't think that's the issue.

I'll keep you posted!

4. mrxero1

mrxero1 New Member

I had the same problem for over a couple of weeks and ended up doing a factory reset