1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Resolved Pets have random special abilities

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Ain, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Ain

Ain New Member

[​IMG]

They should all be Special: Hostility Detection. Instead it varies.
    It is not a visual bug. I tested it, SluttyCummies actually taunts monsters.

It's also not just mine it's other players as well:
    [​IMG]

2. DoomRabbit

DoomRabbit Getting there

What the f*** makes you think your pet names are acceptable on a forum?

loboram likes this.
  3. JLFox

JLFox Proficient

No comment. Do they change on login or channel switches? What caused it in the first place? Give it more detail to pin point the issue.

4. Ain

Ain New Member

I'm sorry your fragility is at risk because of my pets.

Nope they stay the same regardless of relogging or switching. I'll have to see if the specials change when breeding them.

5. johnnyrainbow

johnnyrainbow New Member

Why do T3 pets only have 1 passive ability? should have 1 default (dogs = skill exp) + 2 randoms. So 3 total...I have the same thing, not sure if intended or bug?

6. JLFox

JLFox Proficient

Don't call bugging. Try to eliminate possibilities first. The question at hand is why they behave like they do and what makes them do it. Step by step to find the solution. Once research has been done, you can investigate on an error within the code or system.

Share your results here so we can pinpoint on what's going on. Maybe there is a bug, but that can only be said if the system is flawed, which we can only determine by finding logical explanations first.

loboram likes this.
  7. johnnyrainbow

johnnyrainbow New Member

ok that makes no sense, did you use google translate? T4 should have 4 passive abilities, T3 should have 3 passive abilities, T2 should have 2 passive abilities, T1 should have 1 passive abilitiy. Two of my T3 dogs only have 1 passive ability. Is this because gamez bd made changes to how it should work or is it a bug that can be fixed by a GM?[/QUOTE]

8. Ain

Ain New Member

So I did a test:
    [​IMG]
    I combined these two
    [​IMG]
    Got this, all good hostility detection. This is the correct special.

[​IMG]
    Then I combined that same pet with another one
    [​IMG]
    And it gets taunt monster a special that it shouldn't have.

9. JLFox

JLFox Proficient

1. AtmaDarkwolf
      a long while back there was a bug where sometimes pets would get skills from other breeds (And by skill i mean the talent)
      Example, sometimes a cat would get the hostile detection talent when u exchanged

This has been fixed for a very, very long time." - October 29. 2017
    It's most likely a bug being reactivated due to the modifications. I'll let the staff know.

10. Lareldal

Lareldal Patience is a virtue <3 Forum Legend

This does indeed seem to be a bug. I will move it to bug reports so @Kolka and the other devs will see it, as that's where they go for their work.

loboram likes this.
  11. Pheoxin

Pheoxin New Member

Do you know anything new about it? Cause its still the same: https://image.ibb.co/n4Vxc7/2018_03_27_173574863.jpg I got 2 retards now :<

12. Kolka

Kolka <Prison Officer> Staff Member Super Moderator

Need proof about special abilities must never change on breeding pets

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  13. Pheoxin

Pheoxin New Member

Ability is assigned with type/race of pet like dog - hostile detection, cat - finding resources, bird - finding rare monsters. Also there is problem when you choose to save appearance of parent, so kid will look like dog on left not like dog on right, and it doesnt work also, its mixing up. Before I found this post i posted my about same thing : http://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/pet-exchanging.216147/

I got 3x T4 and 4 x T3 on EU, not even one got random ability not from his race or mixed up color.
    Color are random and mixed only if you don't choose appearance from any of parent.

Attached Files:

14. Kolka

Kolka <Prison Officer> Staff Member Super Moderator

Yes i mean need proof, cuz game base have many dogs with difference abilities on diff tiers, here example: https://bdocodex.com/us/pet/55837/ this dog not hostile detection. So where is proof or any guide where we can read that after brredin special ability cant be changed?

15. Pheoxin

Pheoxin New Member

I just send question about it to support, to be clear, but meantime i found this :
    https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/213182765-Pet-Breeding-aka-Exchanging

"Your pet's special command (ex. Resource detect) may change after exchanging. So it is possible that a cat will get the 'Hostile Player Detect' command for example, which is normally a dog's special command."

Looks old tho and maybe wasn't renew after some changes, idk, will post you answear as soon as I get one.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  16. Pheoxin

Pheoxin New Member

My ticket to support was:
    "I would like to confirm is this still possible to while exchanging pets get totally different ability (ex. hostile detection). Is it possible to get dog (which got hostile detection) with Taunt monster after exchanging ?
    I found this "Your pet's special command (ex. Resource detect) may change after exchanging. So it is possible that a cat will get the 'Hostile Player Detect' command for example, which is normally a dog's special command.", but I did it many times by myself with pets (few T4 and few T3) and my pet never changed ability, thats why I would like confirmation is that option still possible or not anymore"

Respond:
    " After reading your ticket and looking into your case, I can confirm that it is possible to get a new special ability when exchanging pets. This means that your turtle or cat can get the same special ability as a bird (detect strong monsters)."

So you are right Kolka. It's just something never happened to me before and I was really shocked cause on Gamez it happens rly often (any chances to increase chance that ability will be the same? plz :>)
    But we still got problem with random colors after exchange even when you set a look of parent and missing skills.

17. Ligress

Ligress New Member

I can confirm that this is not a bug. I have a T4 dog pet on retail and its special ability is "Taunt Monsters." I've had him since about five or six months into the live game on NA.

I just had another dog here on Gamez learn "Find Resources" when I made it into a T2. My luck with getting higher tier dogs is shit cuz I want "Detect hostiles" at T4 but nope, my dogs always lose the ability by the time they get there.

What IS a bug is the fact that T1 pets don't always learn a passive exp ability by the time they hit level 10, so their higher tier offspring doesn't have all the exp abilities they should for their tier.

18. Laurie

Laurie New Member

just a heads up, this is working as intended. smashing your pets together gives you a pet with a random skill. it's the same on retail. it's not a bug