1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

New here. Got some questions

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Waxford, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Waxford

Waxford New Member

Hello everyone. I recently heard about this private server. I got some questions. If anyone can enlighten me would be nice. So the reason I want to try it out is cause I am Free to play. Can't invest money. Couldn't afford the original So as a pure Free to play player, how hard is life here? How is the population. I am from Europe. Any chance to find People with similar time zone? Can I ignore the pvp and play just for pve and lifeskills and still have a blast? Am a casual player. Not a grind hell lover. Can play 2-3h a day. Can I survive and enjoy the game?
    Thanks in advance

2. freshbdo

freshbdo New Member

"how hard is life here?"
    Answer is relative to your goals and interests in the game, which I presume are related to the later part of your post, hence I will reply accordingly (see below)

"how is the population?"
    I believe it can be checked quantitatively in game or some form of command on discord, correct me if I'm wrong. Again, how you take the answer is relative, overall, due to having only 4 channels (+1 siege channel), it feels like it's always relatively packed to some degree, i.e. ~1000+ players across 4 channels vs. retail's distribution

[edit]: as of ~6:33 pm GMT+10
    [Gamez BD Ch 1] : 284
    [Gamez BD Ch 2] : 373
    [Gamez BD Ch 3] : 398
    [Gamez BD Ch 4] : 368
    [Siege Channel] : 32
    ----------------------
    Total : 1455

you have to msg the bot

credit: 大好真々子!

[end edit]

"Any chance to find People with similar time zone?"
    Most definitely

"Can I ignore the pvp and play just for pve and lifeskills and still have a blast?"
    Possible, but since PvE involves grind spots at times, contested zones for optimal cash may ultimately lead you to some sort of PvP. Either way, if you're casual, it shouldn't really bother you since you can just switch channel or move to another location. Especially since you are "Not a grind hell lover.", the only thing that would hinder you would be if you are interested in the lifeskill: Trading, which I believe is still currently disabled. The other lifeskills are still relatively intact and for the most part, content is bountiful enough for you to "still have a blast".

"Can I survive and enjoy the game?"
    If the above information was helpful to you and in your opinion contextually relevant, I believe, given the right parameters relative to the answers, you should have an amazing time :)

Overall, you should have a great time, provided that you don't intend to attend sieges or node wars with the top guilds as that can require a bit more time and commitment to some degree, i.e. Full Pen armour and weapons with comparable accesories; either way it can be reached casually, but just takes a significant more amount of time.

3. Waxford

Waxford New Member

How do you install the game? I only see a gamerz bd launcher. But no installation files for bdo at all? How do you install the game?

4. Baba1

Baba1 New Member

I am almost entirely f2p well only really spent $ on getting premium (their premium is different than value pack). It's easy to get into if you don't wish to grind to 66 or pvp, most of the pve spots aren't contested unless they are the high value items and even then most of the time you should be able to find a corner to grind in if you wish to do so. All life skills work other than trading so don't expect to trade across the map or anything cause it has been removed with no foreseeable return (due to exploits). There is 80 pearls free per 30m so a total of 160 per hour if you have premium you bump up to 100 pearls every 30m with a total of 200 and other perks. So you can buy pets, tent, costumes, and w/e else you need from the in game shop afking over the course of the week or week 1/2. Also quite a few PVE guilds that can grant you protection so you can grind in peace with no death.