1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Details about the new damage formula and its goal.

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by djinner, Aug 7, 2018.

1. djinner

djinner New Member

Hello ,

has anyone detailed information about the implementation of the retail like damage formula or maybe about the fixed damage calculation based on renown score, that both got recently added. I only noticed differences in PVE so far with my 230ap berserker lvl 65. Cadry - better hitrate than before by me. Basilisks - needs double the skills or more from before. Manshaums 10 x the times as before or even more. Ranaros about the same. When i compare it with my Striker on Retail back then with 222 ap did 2 skills and killed a whole pack. I whould like to understand where the set goal is, and what may be still changed ( is under developement ). The difference of Damage this patch is huge depending on the grind spot. Is this intended or not ? Is it just my class ? I really appreciate it if someone willing to take the time and has the knowledge to enlighten me about the status and goal. Thank you very much and please stay on topic.

loboram and HydraGoPC like this.
  2. HydraGoPC

HydraGoPC Proficient

Nope, it isn't your class only that struggles m8. I, as a Wizard with 224AP, also have a crazy hard time in Kamasylvia (haven't been to Basilisks today). Mobs seem to have 3 times more DP then before and elites attack faster. 537GS is simply not enough. I stopped with Kama for now.

I have a Wizard in retail with 523GS. Mobs in Kama go down in 2 or 3 skill combo's. But it's a work in progress. It's possible that they wait for player-feedback for improvement. Thanks for starting this topic.

djinner likes this.
  3. djinner

djinner New Member

He man thanks for the reply and your view. Good to know that its not just me, but more classes. i retested some spots. like manshaums after the patch from 08.08.2018 and i can feel the difference of the special attack modificators being applied again now. but its still in the range of 10x the time than before but certainly not in the range of 20x anymore. i wish we could just go back ^^ my zerker felt very good in pve and i was about to go to the next progression level. but lets hope it turns out even better than before after all is done. ive tested centaurs too now. still feels a little bit weird or different, but they were always tanky i think that spot is fine.

4. AynSof

AynSof Banned

this is how it looks on retail:

500 GS Tamer soloing Navarn Steppe without breaking a sweat. He's not even full TET.

Like 30min ago we went in 5 ppl party. Everyone 490-500 GS boss gear. It took us like 5min to kill single Griffon. When we lured 2 at once it took like 10min. And everyone besides me ( I play Valk xD) died like 10 times. Even this funny feather wolfs took like 40 sec to kill.

I can say after 2 last patches since new formula not much has changed.

I think it would be much better to bring on previous dmg formula until new one is fixed. And if it is even possible to create test channel with new dmg implemented or something which would allow us and staff to test dmg themselves. Just spawn some TRI-TET gear, make a run around spots and compare it with youtube vids from retail.

ez to say but damn please bring old formula back until new one is fixed.

5. HydraGoPC

HydraGoPC Proficient

The patch from today was a big difference compared with the previous one. A huge improvement :).
    Today I went to Crescent, Fogans and Centaurs. It feels ok-ish, but they have still more DP and damage compared with retail. I haven't been to Kamasylvia yet. It seems like that it was a good thing that I didn't go there, but will go tomorrow after/during work and see how it actually feels now.

It is possible that the formula that they implement doesn't affect specific area's or it affects them in a negative PVE-way. (as in; more DP, more damage). Unfortunately, we can only guess so far.

I hope @Kolka can chip in and tell us a bit how it actually works. It will give the user(s) more understanding what is actually happening and the payer/user feedback will be usefull, more helpful for the devs for faster improvements.

loboram and Baba1 like this.
  6. AynSof

AynSof Banned

Crescent and Fogans are easy overall. Pretty much 1 or 2 hits and they're gone even before the patch. But also noticed diffrence at Centraurs. Now they are gone after solid combo but still little bit slower than before.

7. Baba1

Baba1 New Member

I agree, there should be a test server for us to test the new updates to the damage and class balances, it would really help to see what works and what doesn't I do feel this dev team is mostly silent and not full of much communication to the community, maybe the Russians seeing Kolka is not sure about Carl. Doesn't make sense that they don't at least have the russian community provide feedback if they can't fully understand us english speakers.

Anyways it's all a WIP and we will see more broken and more fixed things here or there until it's as close to retail as they can get to. Would still like a GM or another DEV who can speak clear and understandable english to keep us Updated this team seems more hit or miss than most teams in other games (including other mmo private servers and official ones as well ).

8. HydraGoPC

HydraGoPC Proficient

Are you trolling? We're trying to understand how it works and where it's going. And you say that it's easy because you can 1 or 2 shot them? Where is the logic in that? How does that have anything to do how the game-formula's works? I'm baffled and confused... :confused:

loboram likes this.
  9. AynSof

AynSof Banned

Not sure what's your problem is. Why you even want to understand how the formula works? If you want to know ask Carl on discord and maybe he'll share. I don't care until it feels like retail ( the goal of stuff here). I can only notice changes on 190 AP+ spots because of my gear. As i said Basilisk and Centaur can be took down with combo of few attacks with skill addons (25+ AP against monsters). Dunno if it is same as retail cause there i did not had full boss gear and was much more into life-skills but everyone can just check out some youtube retail gameplay from spots and compare it. Kama Mobs bugged AF as i reported in post 4#

DMG is work in progress. Stuff assured us it will not stay like that. I'm pretty sure they working on it while we speak here.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  10. Baba1

Baba1 New Member

It is true they are working on it over the last week or so we got 2 updates to the formula and many more to come we can expect another update in a few days I think. So be patient they are changing it ect. With the shutdown of the other server I am sure they are on alert to get more shit done as the new influx of players will want working damage ect. If they aren't they should be.

11. djinner

djinner New Member

yeah baba1 i hope so, i personally i hope it alot, as i only like to farm in kamasylve. i hate the desert and already grinded there for years. Now that i cant i lose interest in the game each day more. premium isnt worth rn for me. Lets hope it doesnt take that long. But its a good privat server so my hopes are up that they fix that shit soon.

12. Luckylooser

Luckylooser New Member

my point of view is that the changes are very bad the game dont do fun anymore have a 600 gs zerker but he is useless get every time cc and get killed in 2 sec on rbf with 4500 life and all buff foods idk but its feels not right because the zerker dont do much damage he have no good sites anymore

13. LordXenon

LordXenon Proficient

The goal is to be like retail. They've failed, though. I would say damage output is actually higher than retail in pvp and lower in pve. It's nice that people can grind hysteria now without getting gaped, but it's a bad tradeoff when now that anything remotely tanky now takes forever to kill.