1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PSA: Weekend Events Ruin Grind Drops

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by SuperCyan, Aug 31, 2018.

1. SuperCyan

SuperCyan New Member

I've been playing this game religiously for the past 1 month and a half. Every weekend I have to literally just stop farming, i'm not sure, but something in the code reverts the drop rates. For the entire week I'll get a ton of drops, usually grinding about 8 hours a day, then the weekend comes and literally not 1 drop for 2-3 hours. This isn't RNG. This is an actual bug that needs to be looked into, I have had many people back this claim up.

Now fix your game, since I've messaged this to you twice on discord.

Thanks

2. piotrkefas

piotrkefas New Member

Dunno about grind drops. BUT i can confirm that hard/sharp drop rate from gathering is nerfed/bugged to the ground since last week % drop event. I thought it will fix with next server restart but it's still the same. I ask my guildmates and they're also noticed this. Before drop % event week ago i was getting around 50 (hard + sharp) per 80 Energy at MASTER 7 and with Magic tools. Since % drop event week ago it is like 10 (hard+sharp) per 80 Energy. At the beggining i thought it is just bad luck but after over a week of 400+ Energy gatherings every day droprate is still the same.

I heard that you guys working on new big time patch. Pretty nice because it was no official patch for like 3 weeks, and this bugged drop rate or soft nerf after server restart is not very cool…

3. mosu777

mosu777 New Member

yesterday with the 50% drop scroll, magic tools ( 2 lumbering axes ) , over 200 energy got 12 hard + 3 sharps. It was funny that in 4 trees that i cut, i got the 3 sharps one after another. But yea, something happened with the drop.

4. BDlydNa

BDlydNa Getting there

Same here. I'm Master 28 so i cannot really say how much Energy i use, but usually i get around 60-70 shards every Hour. Now it's down to around 20/H. Very close to Retail Droprate. Still Higher but nowhere near 10x.

Edit: Just Gathered for one Hour. 5 Sharp 11 Hards, so yeah pretty hard nerfed or just broken. Not worth Gathering atm.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  5. BDlydNa

BDlydNa Getting there

Funny no one seems to care about this. Maybe it's just me who got Flagged or what ever. Droprate is still below garbage and this Server feels like Retail now. No response from Mods or Devs when i ask what is going on. Well ill use rest of my Premium time and see what good Games coming up...

6. Grotesquely

Grotesquely New Member

Can confirm. Got 1 shard after spending 60 energy chopping sheeps.

7. piotrkefas

piotrkefas New Member

Considering how much time already passed i suppose they purposely nerfed drop rate for hards/shards. Noone addressed this problem. Large part of Community seems to think it was always like that... pretty normal social characteristic of modern person.

I don't play that much and doing 1h-1.5h gathering and then echanting some random gear to DUO or TRI then selling was my main source of income. Now this is long gone. It is necessary to spend like 250 energy or more if unlucky to have same amount of shards/shards like before with 50-70 energy spent. There's basically no point of doing gathering anymore, making money otherwise and sniping this stuff from mp is much faster...

8. BDlydNa

BDlydNa Getting there

Wondering what's the Strategy behind this. Nerf Drops to keep Players busy? Did that worked on Retail?

9. piotrkefas

piotrkefas New Member

Dunno but i don't think there is any reasoning behind this, it still may be a bug but the thing is such a low drop rate does not scale with pace of gameplay on gamezBD. I ran out of shards while enchanting today, went to stack it up again and got 1 shard in 30 min... with Master 8 skill, Magic tools and Prince sharpston title. In 30 min i could make 50M ez and pre order 10 sharps from MP. Such situation makes gathering totally useless unless some1 need logs or sth but still sometimes there is like 10k logs on MP, just need to be lucky to snipe it all.

BDlydNa likes this.
  10. piotrkefas

piotrkefas New Member

Seems that hards droprate is pretty much back to normal. I'm getting a lot of hards like before. For sure it is fixed but droprate of sharps went even lower. I'm gathering since few days for like 2h daily and getting 1 sharp per 50 hards. Normaly it was 15-20 sharps per 50 hards. Can You please look into it. I'm at Master 9 gathering with magic tools and life alchemy stone. Plenty of boss weapons waiting for sale and for my alt stacked up but no sharps :s.