1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Unbiased-rational evaluation of picture event results.

Discussion in 'GamezAION General Discussion' started by francorafaeles, Sep 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. francorafaeles

francorafaeles New Member

Good day dear AMs and staff, This is a mere objective opinion towards my concern in which I would like to highlight this particular rules of every given event held by certain admins, First off I would like to know how did this rule come up to its standard " Your entry must be a full-size screenshot. You are allowed to edit it to some extent but do not overdo it." when players who won from picture events here in the forum did so much editing to specifically bringing up to the standard procedure which is the title of that certain event as noticed of some people and specially to those who have been a forum geek since, they them selves haven`t even won some of these events due to "Lack of edit skills", My point is if editing is okay to the extent that overdoing it may violate the rules given, why does the winner's proof of participation piece which is the picture being so overly done, I mean whats the point of those people who does not know how to even edit the contour or simple reduce the contrast of their pictures be able to win? Are they only there to participate and give attendance? I understand that there is a mere compensation for those people but the main thing is, If you really get the gist of understand my point, How does one simply win? Photo-editing expertise? I did just want you guys to explain what really are your standards on judging certain pictures? Too much edit? Simplicity? Less edit? Cause clearly you AMs yourself does not even follow your own rules when it comes to judging.

Thank you for not deleting my "Question-Opinion" entry.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    Villain and Farkle like this.
  2. Chiv

Chiv Proficient Forum Legend

*claps* i lack editing skills too, but congrats to the winners ..

francorafaeles likes this.
  3. pandoras

pandoras Bananas in Pyjamas

4. yurcik15

yurcik15 New Member

[​IMG]
    But you cant win this argument...trust me...
    This is a little community and looks like there is no space for new players...

5. crystalize

crystalize Guest

Hello, I will briefy answer here as you are talking about an event I hosted recently. First of all, the picture events have always been based on almost the same rules, where editing was allowed. We are not talking about editing to such an extent where you can barely recognize the surroundings or even the character that was used by the player to create the screenshot. The entries have been judged by everyone in the staff, not only by me. We were focusing on different aspects of the pictures, and trust me, editing was not the most important while choosing the winners. If we talk about the winning entries, they are edited, yes, but they do not differ that much from the original screenshots. When it comes to creating entries in events like the one I hosted, the perfect pose, angle and surroundings is what matters. If you aren't creative enough your editing skills will not help you, no matter what. By entering an event you always accept the rules and you know what to expect, what you can and cannot do. I understand that not everyone has good editing skills, but like I said, it's not the most important thing when it comes to create a good entry. Taking your suggestions into consideration I might host an event where no editing skills are required and where everyone has to enter with a raw, unedited screenshot. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about the event. If you have any further questions you can always send me a PM and I will be more than happy to answer your questions.

xPillowww, Farkle and Kirnick like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.