1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

What makes this pserver better than the original server?

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by lStampedel, Oct 14, 2018.

1. lStampedel

lStampedel New Member

Hey guys,
    like in the title of this thread, my question is " What makes this server better than the original server"?
    I never played bdo before, but i read a lot of the p2w concept.

So this is my question because i think you guys know a lot about the differences about the original and this pserver. What makes this server better than the original?

best regards

2. agbudar

agbudar New Member

no agro limit this is a godsend imo
    boss timers with set times for boss spawns
    and ofc better xp gains for everything
    server feels populated (no im not talking heidel)

3. Vixious

Vixious New Member

80-100 (100 w/premium) free pearls every 30 minutes.
    less weight issues on alts and new characters.
    higher rates.
    less players, but not too few.. actually I feel like NA could use another 2-3 channels at this point to open up more grindspots for the influx of new players.
    Special Deals sells twice per day automatically. (aka party play incentive big time)
    Guilds gain exp for skills faster too.
    You can pick from any guild mission available in retail instead of getting a few random options every 5-10 minutes.
    The only thing I am tempted to spend on is their premium which is actually worthwhile (on retail you'd be looking at VP/Kama/Combat/etc and you have to pay out of pocket for these with real money.)

My reasoning for trying this server in the first place is the hacking dilemma over on retail and the prices of their pearl shop bs. It's too much and everything takes ungodly amounts of my time to TRY for. Here, you can freely make alts and enhance without feeling like you've just sacrificed months of your life for a single thing. The grind in retail is synthetic. They push hard for login rewards and basically item welfare instead of raising drop rates so people can feel accomplished via simply playing the game. Here, you can rest easy knowing that items will drop and you don't have to spend tens/hundreds of hours going for one thing.

PvP here can be... hmm. It can be ugly. People have easier access to PENs so some people have an ego that is hyper-fucking inflated and they will tell you to leave a spot just to kill you two seconds later while you're trying to tell your buddy to swap to another channel. Not much different from your usual BDO pvp I guess. There isn't enough room on this server to hold all the players imo. Bosses rotate between channels so they're always super packed and it can be hard to get enough damage in. Though the two times I fought Karanda I got a box and the first time I fought Nouver I also got a box. The rates kinda make up for it maybe? Still sucks not being able to reach the boss because of all the invisible bodies inbetween you and your target. Plus people like to troll and plant their camps down on boss spawn spots for the luls. Geared players hold all the great spots while everyone else (new/semi geared) is tip-toeing around helms, rogues, manes, and MAYBE nagas if they are feeling extra frisky that day.

4. Redfrag

Redfrag New Member

Since you are asking what is better (and not what is worse), I'll just name some stuff I consider better here.
    1. You don't have to pay for pearls. Wanna change character name? Anytime. Wanna get mandatory pets? Anytime. Wanna get a costume? Anytime. Wanna modify ur character's appearance? Anytime. Basically anything from retail p2w shop, just wait for the hourly pearls (approx 1 costume a day).

2. You can close the gap between you and the geared people, even if you are new. You won't get stuck to boring grind and afk for months without being able to pvp for being heavily outgeared - gap gets closed faster and you dont have to suffer for literally half a year through beginner stage.

3. Guilds will want you, whereas on retail - if you are new or undergeared - nearly nobody does. Especially on EU, since this server isn't even a week old yet.

4. Extras like damage numbers and boss timers ingame, yay.

5. Game feels here far more alive than on retail right now. Maybe due to fresh start, maybe not, but chat is never empty. There's always people to be found on spots. World doesnt feel dead, like it is on retail. Guilds are active and some of them actually moved here from the official servers.

Now, ofc. there are also negatives like awkward bosses, being behind retail (CC system for example) and more. But overall I think it's more fun to play here.

5. TreeOfLife

TreeOfLife New Member

6. Aryxiar

Aryxiar New Member

everything.