1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Tips on making money and getting stronger

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by UnknownVariable, Oct 23, 2018.

1. UnknownVariable

UnknownVariable New Member

I got BDO just to play a private server, so I don't really know how to make money here but it seems people keep saying it's easy. I read that you're supposed to do trade but since it's disabled here you can do auto sell to market instead, but does that require a party? I'm a solo player, so that is out if it is. Is node point farming viable then? I got two node points one for honey and the other for potato. That's about all I know that can make me money here.

Regarding gearing, I've got three green grade weps I made into ultimate (free awakening one, grunil and leather) and blue grade grunil set along with treant accs. How would I improve my gs? I see that vets know how to get their gear score up to 300 in just a week, while I've been at 200ish for a week. Can't seem to do quests/skill xp farming in peace as currently I'm in Tarif and trying to do black spirit at the same time, but it seems people just come up and pk me without saying anything. I don't think they're heavily contested spots, but it's very annoying to get killed by people way higher gs than me even when I try to move away or get out. I wanna fight back so trying to learn what to do to gear up and not get bullied so I can finish these quests/xp farming in peace as I'm way too overlvled for the quests.

2. sillylorg

sillylorg New Member

best money is party/sd grind sadly

and best solo money is grinding aswell

imo crescents is insane money if ur not super unlucky, i make about 150-250 mil/hr with decent to very good luck on average

bet there are many good and even better spots but thats what i do sd grind and crescents, nothing else

3. Boop

Boop Proficient

• Below 240 AP, you should look for someone you can SD with. There's often people looking for SD partners in server chat, look out for those and go with them. Typically they go for helms/sausans. You can already start on Witch's and Cadry's here.
    • 240AP and above (With full pen weapons and capotia accessories and maybe duo/tri earrings/rings, you should be), which is more than good enough to solo Valencia areas for Crescent Rings, Sicils, Basilisks, Centaurus, etc. You can special deals Valencia areas if you and/or your partner really needs help.
      You can also start doing Gyfin (try to be as buffed as possible for the sake of your party too) in a party. For efficiency sake you should be a full 5-man party since Gyfin drops are individual, so the faster they're killed, the more chance for Tungrad Belt for everyone.
    And always remember, dropping the good stuff is RNG. I have times where I dropped 5+ crescent rings and 2-3+ from soiled in one hour, and times where I drop only one but got 2-3 more from soiled. I have times where I drop 2 crescent rings within 5 minutes of grinding. I've also dropped a DUO Crescent ring recently when I wasn't even grinding seriously. On the other hand, I have friends who drop nothing in 1-2 hours and get nothing even from 50++ soiled.

4. GekiritZ

GekiritZ New Member

Hey there,

Basically what I"m going to offer you here is the same thing I proposed in another thread on the subject in the hope it'll help you get on your feet, I'm a former retail veteran of almost three years and I've played GamezBD on NA and EU on and off for the past couple monts and intensively since EU Launch

For starters; A single character trucking through the story and picking up quests and dailies that coincide with story missions will get you a bucketload of sellable gold bars, CP and energy. Remember that by default, 75% of the content in game is hidden to minimise clutter. The first thing you wanna do after loading in and completing the tutorial is pressing O to open your quest log and activating the ALL option in the lower left hand corner of that window. The world will open up with more possibilities. Same with the Black Spirit, check his quest list under Suggested and Recurring to find useful boosting quests too.

Basic necessities like grains, meats, and mats are, unlike as on retail, always in demand. It takes you around 10-15CP to set up most of the potato, wheat and barley farms around Velia, Heidel and Calpheon. Grains insta-sell on MP due to high beer demand.

Horse training and the subsequent selling of horses doesn't have to be a pain, just go for 30, breed em' dry, use your free pearls for breeding resets, sell unbreedable horses using imperial horse delivery, 50-100m a horse, skip the horse market altogether.

As for more hands on stuff: Meat, which you can get practically anywhere. There's goats near Lynch, the Saunil battlefield, over near Soldier's Grave, you name it. Hards/sharps plus instant selling meat. Dried fish, just sayin' all; those pets don't waddle around on fumes. Pretty much any gathering/processing cycle from hides to fish is in high demand on MP because most people on here either don't know their toenail from a profitable market or they're self sufficient and have no need to participate in the economy. The hards/sharps alone are plenty profitable and once you start needing them yourself, you can easily get them and mats you can get from melting most gear that drops.

• Tool Production (melt gear, get mats, make tools, get rich)
    • Wagon construction (Check the Altinova wagon workshop, Merchant wagons can be built for practically free and sell like solid gold hot cakes with all the horse trainers)
    • Pet Feed production
    • Life clothes production
    • Raw materials like herbs, dried fish, certain "traces of <x>", you can get from nodes and farms (alchemists and cooks will love you)

Boss scrolls like the Ancient Relic Crystal ones are a good option too. Don't sell the shards, but instead, gather those friends, pile 'em up and do the scrolls, grab the memory frags. Selling those should net you a good bit of money. Also, getting in the habit of running scrolls and possibly keeping some frags will allow you to enchant your stuff yourself, without having to squirm for cash and buying it pre-enchanted.

A basic mantra you need to keep in the back of your head is that just because you don't see a supply for something, that doesn't mean that there's no demand for it. Most players will SD grind together but will try and do most lifeskills and crafts solo, attempting to remain wholly self-sufficient, when in fact, with an extra source of materials from players starting out, both you and them can start getting more profits ;)

I hope this will help y'all get on your feet. It shouldn't be too hard, just avoid the common pitfalls, which I'll also list in this thread again; DO NOT:
    • Grind 1 to 64 and expect you're good to go for a Cadry/Crescent SD
    • Skip the story/black spirit quests
    • Get yourself boosted and ending up hitting like a soggy noodle because you only have 750 skill points at level 60+
    • Focus solely on hitting things in the face and expect big money
    • Think that the all-PEN army had it ezpz because of that one SD slipup, we had to buckle down and do the "boring" stuff back in the day just as well, it didn't come overnight
    @RevelationsOn has a great video and more tips on hand too

5. UnknownVariable

UnknownVariable New Member

@sillylorg @Boop Thanks for the help, sadly I'm around 203 AP and I can never seem to find a party that wants me as I'm too weak.

Thanks for the detailed guide. I'll be trying some of them and hopefully I can start making some decent money. Regarding nodes, how do you know what nodes are grains, meats and mats? What are the biggest ones for insta selling besides wheat?

6. GekiritZ

GekiritZ New Member

Instaselling? I'd say the island nodes north of port Epheria where you can gather dried fish with workers. As for grains, any node that gives wheat, barley or potatoes, which are almost always the two or three nodes closest to Velia, Heidel and Calpheon

7. Boop

Boop Proficient

@UnknownVariable If you're looking for nodes or animals to jump start your lifeskilling, this website is pretty handy for finding things: http://www.somethinglovely.net/bdo/
    Also I don't think you met very nice people then. When I come by helms, I've had people invite me to a party, sometimes 3-4 people are already in it, and they all grind SD together.
    It helps to ask in server chat or join anyone who is currently asking for SD in places like this (helms, sausans, etc.) that fit your AP better.

8. rulersh

rulersh New Member

I'll try to provide a bit of info here also.
    1.Asula set - can be obtained as follows: earrings - rings @Helms, Neck - Abandoned Iron Mine, Belt - Elric Shrine and can be easily enchanted to PRI
    2.Roaring Magical Armor - it's a green armor that you get and update to yellow
    3.Black Abyssal Weapon, can be achieved through quests
    4.Special deals offhand, you can snipe a +13-15 item for very cheap 5-6 mil
    With little to no money your gear coud be:
    https://bdoplanner.com/RestPlateauRiver
    With 100 ap you should be able to solo farm Desert Naga or Fogans until you are 62 and get 2 Capotia accesories.
    Most people will say go Hexe or Helms to make money, but as a rookie will low level, low gear and crap pets I found that to be a very unpleasent experience.