1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Response to my own thread!!!

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Violor, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Violor

Violor New Member

@Kolka
    Thank you for your response, although I'm a little offended you locked my thread on the topic.

That being said I see your discord question of raising the rate to 35% and understand its helpfulness.
    HOWEVER you asked the survey in an EXTREMELY loaded way. You have control to make that % whatever you want it to be. But you only had the choice of 10% more or NO. That really isn't a fair set of answers considering the place SD system was once in.

Would it not have been better to give the answers as 25, 35, 45, 55%, etc? And allow a simple majority to give the most easy answer?

If you're going to offer such a more fair a balanced experience than retail, isn't it better to offer questions for feedback in a more fair and balanced experience?

Well thank you for in some way unlocking my thread is some sort of manner.
    Expect I no longer have my own thread on the subject.

If you're reading this and confused new comers please see...
    http://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/sd-nerf-is-killing-this-game.223789/

Mine is the long long long post. Please take the time to read and feel free to leave constructive feedback.
    I'm just trying to help the game. Didn't mean to upset people.

Mafumi, SeaMob, THERENT1 and 3 others like this.
  2. ramos117

ramos117 New Member

No most of the player base agrees with you, only like 150 players where against the changed while 1200+ wanted the SD to increase cause 35 percent is jack shizzle. I can honestly bet my IP that most of the 150 players are full pen, or almost full pen. People just care too much about power and controlling the server. Sad tbh, if u want a more challenging experience then go play retail lol, most of us want to enjoy the fucking game.

Revend and THERENT1 like this.
  3. Villain

Villain Proficient

You're complaining because kolka made a poll and not the way you wanted it to be? Not many people even browse these forums, they use discord instead. Using a poll so everyone can vote seems like the fairest way to get votes from a large number of players to me.

4. Violor

Violor New Member

@Villain Yes I am because the NORMAL SD system works off a decreasing value of price based on time that the item is available for purchase. So this means that this area of the marketplace has a variable rate. Thus making a survey with only 2 option and only 1 of those 2 is to increase the amount is VERY tilted to the answer that the questioner wants. Which really makes this survey completely bunk.

When you are asking a question about a system that innately have more than 2 options; you should then include all the option to see which is the most wanted. Now if you are seeing a problem with the economy from a dev perspective then you can state that as the reason you may omit the top % rates for sell.

But maybe you should learn how a proper survey is used and made before you drizzle you salt on a thread @Villain

SeaMob likes this.
  5. Villain

Villain Proficient

I'm not sure what the problem is. That's HOW the SD system works. The longer it's up there the lower the price gets per hour. If you want the maximum amount of silver then grind before the server purchases everything.

6. Violor

Violor New Member

@Villain ummmmm no that isn't the way it works now. The new system is that everyone just gets 35%. That is it 35%. No more 100% sell by grinding the hour before reset. This is the ENTIRE point of what everyone is complaining about. The SD does not trickle down from 100% price. It simply will only send you 35% of the value of the item. You may in the future wish to read up on the issue at hand before you try to put your salt on a plate when you don't even know what is on it.

@Villain this is you with the topic at hand
    [​IMG]
    mmmmmm love me some salt in my coffee...... wait what was the issue it's still a white powder like substance....... durp

SeaMob, ChilledDozer and Revend like this.
  7. Villain

Villain Proficient

I see. (I do other profitable things than SD) There are many other ways to invest in your character than just special deals. There's too much emphasis on SD. The Dev's made this change because they saw something needed to be changed. Honestly, just be happy you still have it. With or without SD, this server is very enjoyable as compared to retail. Trading was 80% complete last I heard, I would start investing in worker empires.

I also never tried coffee with salt before, maybe I'll try it.(:D)

8. ramos117

ramos117 New Member

LOL this is why retail is ass, so invest in worker empire in order to afk more, LMAO. I can't, the game should continue to reward the active player as it was doing, not force players to afk horse/trade/fish in order to make silver as the shitty retail version did. Whatever.

SeaMob likes this.
  9. Violor

Violor New Member

@Villain sorry late getting back to you, had a busy day.
    There are other things to do which I point out like horse training. But the other things are active/inactive lifeskill things. You even point one out, trading.

I made the point and continue to make the point that SD groups made ACTIVE playing the most fun. It brought to life a part of BD that is otherwise entirely dead, GROUPING!!! Having SD on this server changed the gameplay dynamic 100%. Removing SD groups literally make grinding just like retail.

For example: The first time I did an SD group I thought I would be more focused on my exp gains. This was because I KNEW that I was playing 1 hour after the last sell, so I knew that I would get a minimum return. But instead I found myself just enjoying the combat system and hanging with guildies. Because in retail you almost NEVER group grind unless you're attempting to maximize an exp party.

When you take out the EXP super grind from retail and take out the Silver grind from retail (grinding Nagas solo for seraps on a hope and a prayer) you're left with fun grinding with friends. The only goal of the grind is just random lucky drops and making fun of each other on discord. (@Lenny your horses are dumb and wall-eyed)

What I cannot accept is anyone not understanding economics.
    Gear Prices = Fixed MP rates
    SD sells = Fixed based on time to next reset (at least this was the old way)
    Meaning = No matter how many billions you earn. The guy selling a +0 Dande can only list it for max 95mil
    Answer = Seller gets 95mil and you still have what ever money you have left over
    Who does this hurt = No one
    Why is no one hurt = Because it's a FIXED Buyers Market
    --- meaning we can all make Billions on SD groups but we can all ONLY sell boss gear for a fixed price

@Villain you'd probably like coffee with salt :p

ramos117, ChilledDozer and SeaMob like this.