1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Im worried about the direction GamezBD goes...

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by BDlydNa, Nov 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kamara

Kamara New Member

As I stated in a later post its all there in the logs if an admin wants to look. This morning was just one example of several weeks of dismal results in multiple areas. I'm so disheartened over it I stopped carrying full time premi over it and only renew for enhance weekend events now. I just want to know if this is the way its going to continue? If there is nothing said about it I have no choice but to assume the worse.

2. ENAB

ENAB New Member

Actually, the dev team has said about the gather issue which is the energy in LOL Hero video you can check it. They gonna improve the gather issue it is not the final state of it. I think the video will answer your problem.

3. Kamara

Kamara New Member

I will look into that, and thank you for the information :)

4. ENAB

ENAB New Member

This is LOL HERO summary point
    This is His stream full Q&A.
    Stay in game and have fun. I just hope this community to be more productive. Have a nice day and good luck

Boop likes this.
  5. LordXenon

LordXenon Proficient

Honestly, I'm not surprised. I started GameZ February 24th of this year, and quit in August. I played for roughly 6 months, had 270 ap, and a pen ogre a couple months before I quit. They were ninja nerfing drop rates and enhance rates then, they'll continue to nerf rates now. I'm surprised they're planning on nerfing imperial horse training income now, though, after over a year of it being the way it is. It was very solid, but not so busted that grind spots weren't more profitable anyway. Though I guess that's what happens when you get an even bigger influx of the retail crybabies than you initially had. You know, the ones who love to complain about anything and everything good or bad? Are people still complaining about being "bullied" via pvp over grind spots, too?

Edit: What's even more surprising is that people complain about IHT income, which might make you 200-300m, maybe 400m on a good day after 24 hours of riding, while you make that within an hour or two doing SD grinding? What the hell?

Toenail and Andy12345 like this.
  6. Irisena

Irisena Banned

Well, I kinda get the argument of "nerf to balance the game" side. but to be fair tho, we, or at least I came to this server for the high rates and easier experience to play overall. indeed with SD nerf and potential horse nerf, the game is still way easier than ever, but what I'm concerned with isn't about this 2 nerf in particular. It's about where the game is headed, and the mentality of the dev team. So far, the mentality is 'if something is too good, then nerf it' doesn't sit well with me. I'd rather have a 'if something is too good, then buff the other so it will be as good as that'. The devs seem to adopt the nerf mentality rather than buff mentality is what worries me. If the nerf train goes without stopping and the dev keep nerfing more and more things in the future, the game might head to a rather bad direction.

Andy12345 and x9800 like this.
  7. ohmeowgod

ohmeowgod New Member

I agree.

I don't know how people complain about IHT. It's a feature that benefits all player.
    I feel like the most player that complains about IHT is the ones that actually never tried it. They think it's so easy to do. Well, it's not. It takes time to set up a horse farming and we just don't catch t7 and t8 horse out in the wild LOL. I personally just started horse farming a few days and I'm not even making that much silver but that still EXTRA INCOME WHILE AFK. Also, people don't think of the consequences if this got nerf. I would personally stop farming horses if that is the case. I hope there would be a shortage of T8 horses on the market so people could start complaining about that too.

8. PolyPharmacy

PolyPharmacy New Member

i dont think IHT needs a nerf. we need trading to come back and see how the economy adjusts first. As OP have stated they need to stop nerfing income and start buffing other ways to get income to have a healthy economy. The more they nerf the more it becomes retail and the closer i get to leaving. Besides if you nerf IHT people will just flee to the next best way to produce income. people didn't leave retail to come to the private server to see similar issues.

9. Nysek

Nysek New Member

24 hours?... I can get that 2-3 times a day, stop with the BS.

10. Kamara

Kamara New Member

I caught the interview lolhero did with the Dev's... which has now raised new concerns.
    1: IHT is not the root cause of lag issues and nerfing it will not help the economy either. The flaw of certain cities being more centralized with a market/fish vendors has always been the root cause of certain cities having more issues with lag than others. A Pve only server stands to be exploited to the teeth by everyone which will only compound the problem on that server.
    2: Not everyone uses Discord. (I don't for example). and only part of the community is participating in the Dev's polls.
    3: If I wanted retail drop rates and slow progression I'd play there. What I love about this server is it took much of the tedium out of the game. That and I'm able to stay connected here. I understand the energy issue, but I also understand why Kashkow gave players a way to buy their way out of it with wine. 90% of all retail mechanics revolve around milking the players wallet and dragging out gameplay as slow as possible to achieve it. Not because it makes a better game in any way, shape, or form.

I have been on both sides of a game, and I understand what players want is not always in the best interest of a game as a whole. The drops on hards and sharps when I first started were a little crazy, they indeed needed to be toned down..even for a private server. By the same token I hope that the Development team reconsiders looking at the retail version as "not being" the better model for solid game play when so many are now coming to this server for what is offered here instead. Gamez has the better formula and it shows in the population growth (special shoutout to lolhero for all he's done also).

In game I'm Zoell Suun, and if I was asked as to how to address the lag issue in major cities I'd make the following proposals.
    1: End restrictions (item limits) on the personal market maid in smaller cities like Glish, Keplan, ect. which would free people up to live in the smaller cities. However in the wild make those restrictions still apply, otherwise they will be exploited when people are hunting (yes people will still bitch but the restrictions were added to sell more maids for kashkow pearls).
    2: rework the storage maid where they worked in tandem with the personal storage chest, there by allowing people to make the smaller cities their home base of operations. I would still keep limits on how much can be taken from the maid or put in at a time to keep it from being exploited while in the wilds farming.
    3: create a incentive for horse training on lvl 49's and kill horse training xp in city zones. For wagons not carrying trade goods perhaps give the wagon a non aggro buff from creatures/npc.
    4: when trade is implemented and fishing becomes more viable I would do much the same to end mass fishing in city zones and consider adding a personal fish vendor, much like the maids. to encourage people to fish in different areas/zones on the map.

There may be better ideas out there among the community, and I do not think for one moment that what I've proposed here is bullet proof, though I have pondered it much trying to poke holes in it...but players can be a crafty bunch.

As for hard and sharp drop rates they are still a tad lean when one considers how much is lost to the rng void...but that is my opinion. All in all I have great respect for this development team. One of the main reasons I stayed here is because I was blown away with how promptly they addressed the DDOS attack, which occurred shortly after I started playing on the server. I also like how they stay in touch with the community or try to anyhow, but I'd also like to see them here on the forum as well. :)...All in all this is still the best private server I have ever played on and I'm old and have visited many.

Boop, RevelationsOn and loboram like this.
  11. SexSymboL

SexSymboL New Member

I agree! It was remarkable how ...

Nerf. Dobro Kamasylva removido.
    Nerf. Drop Joia. (Narc, tungrad, basilisco)
    Nerf. Special D.
    Nerf. Energia.
    Nerf. Ecant para TRI.
    Nerf. Drop duro e afiado.

O server hoje em dia se resume a Crescente e Brinco da bruxa, não tem mais o que fazer no server. 03 horas em hystria para nada 03 horas akma para nadae assim vai!

12. Pan94

Pan94 New Member

The point of playing private server is for the busy people that have no time to play 1000000 hours weekly to stay strong or for the people that is just lazy. We want things easy...if we want retaillike experience, we go retail, where we have more content, less lagg and less buggs. Just stop going ogrefest/retail way. Keep going easy and less stressfull.

ramos117 and x9800 like this.
  13. Mycca

Mycca New Member

@ BDlydNa 100% agree.

14. Infinityreign

Infinityreign New Member

It's not even the rates being nerfed it the fact if you're gonna do changes like this you need to WIPE the server.

15. LordXenon

LordXenon Proficient

Wipe the server? Including wiping away months worth of progress from paying customers? Are you crazy? Look at the dumpster fire that happened in RU with the player data fiasco. That was nearly a huge disaster for PA.

Toenail likes this.
  16. OMEGAWLH

OMEGAWLH New Member

Remove all pen problem solved

17. Infinityreign

Infinityreign New Member

it's a private server any major pserver that does major rate changes and gameplay changes wipes. You should know better than to be spending that much money on a pserver. it also isn't that hard for them to simply redeliver stuff.

I myself would lose 3 months worth of progress and about 50 dollars spent.

If you don't like that option my other suggestion which is the simplest is increased channels. This server forces you into a very particular playstyle to make money and progress and there are too many people and too many things contested.

Regardless it doesn't matter. After helping with some private testing on a coming competitor's servers I can say for certain this server is fucked in the next 1-2 months. Updates are too slow and sloppy breaking things more than fixing and things that should of been added/fixed months ago are only now getting done because they know there are 2 other major competitors getting ready to launch. Playerbase dropped heavily after the increase and is slowly going down every week. The days are numbered for Gamez just playing because I still have premium left. Soon as it runs out the other servers will be available and along with A LOT of other people will be peacing out. It doesn't take long to realize this is just a super limited version of BDO. Rates don't matter to me I've played retail so long that I know how to competently grind to high levels in short periods of time. The rates only attract noobs. In fact, the high rates HURT this server more than help it ruining most methods of money making. You might hate the idea of a wipe but honestly, I see no way for them to recover what this server has turned into without a wipe. PVP is still dead....so instead of encouraging the growth of geared players, they keep nerfing it. I'm personally tired of only having 1-2 viable grind spots and AFK horse training all day every day. Getting gear isn't EXCITING for me I've done it here and retail. I want to be able to enjoy lifeskills I've never tried before and have competitive node wars/sieges. But there is no incentive for any of these things. This server encourages you to be AFK not active. The direction things have gone is simply sucking the fun out of it. Not to mention they still haven't bothered any sort of policing of the community. We got FML retards spamming racist shit in world chat all day. New players come to this server and immediately quit. With the events going on with Retail right now there isn't even a reason to play this server because they are basically boosting rates to match what this server offers to basically give them the middle finger.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    ramos117 and Inferion like this.
  18. Aid

Aid New Member

Me and my Guild are experiencing the same thing. And we are playing like 6 months on NA (now EU)

19. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Hello, I just wanted to voice my opinion on this subject and then I noticed @Boop's posts:

So now I do not have to voice my own opinion because this does it pretty well :)

Thanks @Boop

Toenail, RevelationsOn and Boop like this.
  20. RevelationsOn

RevelationsOn Proficient

Up for Boop. Thanks for that but sadly only open minded people and people who understands / compared retail vs gamezbd would understand though I hope this helps out clearing up some facts vs. pure hate feedbacks :D

Inferion and loboram like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.