1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

New Player Catch-up Event?

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Mafumi, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Mafumi

Mafumi New Member

Hello,

As most players here know, Gamez server was a lot easier a couple months/ a year ago when it just started out with higher droprates and more rewarding stuff in general. People who started playing at that time got a lot of these benefits and got to end game pretty well. But after many nerfs over time, it is now impossible for new players to progress in the same way as people who started playing earlier. This creates a permanent gap between older players and newer player, and is pretty unfair to new players, especially because BDO is a gear-based competitive game. I want to suggest some sort of player catch up event where new players are given boosted rewards to help them catch up to the old players who benefited from the better game environment back then.

Maybe the qualification to participate in the event could be based on time since account creation? Maybe based on best gear an account have?
    The rewards could be boosted gathering drops, grinding drops? Event reward boxes that give a lot of end game accessories / gear / materials?

What are your thoughts about this idea?

Vanlocke and RevelationsOn like this.
  2. sedane94

sedane94 New Member

love the idea...2 weeks of farming boss and still not boss armors because of the old players farming the gears they don't really need... because there is no easy way to get silver with solo farm...everyone depend son Sd...you need other people to make money..

i suggested to add x1 shakatu seals in all world boss.

3. Akrel

Akrel Proficient

Honestly I started here last week and will probably go back to retail since I don't see much difference. The only advantage this server has is free pearls, other than that I think they would lose most of their players. Making money is too complicated here, most of shit you drop has no value if you're solo, you're basically even afraid to kill monster by fear getting something good and not being able to sell it. Just my 2 cents, i've being mostly doing horse training like everyone else

OMEGAWLH likes this.
  4. OMEGAWLH

OMEGAWLH New Member

I just came to this server for equal pvp look like this is never going to happen since they nerfed the game so bad . I'm not complaining about sd nerf cuz I can grind like no life np but enhancement in this server is worse than retail seriously I've never reached over 50 for duo on retail

5. sedane94

sedane94 New Member

only way to make money solo is crecent and hex for witch earings and memory fragments....with sd you make 200m/h but you are always depending on someone and this is shit...

Vanlocke likes this.
  6. OMEGAWLH

OMEGAWLH New Member

I suggest how about new player get 70 or 80% from SD for just one week so we might even still have a chance to catch the feet of old full pen player

7. Rah97

Rah97 New Member

Or you could not ask for handouts and play the game? I haven't been playing too long, have rerolled a bunch of times and dont play nearly as hardcore as a lot of other players and I'm working on my 5th boss PEN right now. The weekend events are more then enough to catch a player up.

Toenail likes this.
  8. sedane94

sedane94 New Member

you are talking about the enchant event that make me full pri ? failled all my tet and tri

9. RevelationsOn

RevelationsOn Proficient

You are blind then -_-
    There is a huge difference here compared to retail, you are just not getting it. There's tons of ways earning silvers and the fastest/easiest way to start up is selling memory frags.
    Then horse life skill afk when you have enough silvers to buy good horses. -_-

Rah97 and Toenail like this.