1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Congrats with remastered

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by HydraGoPC, Jan 23, 2019.

1. HydraGoPC

HydraGoPC Proficient

I was very curious how Gamez is evolving and installed the "remastered" version. It feels a 1000 times better then the previous versions. I also see that the devs are more focused on improving the lags/desyncs. This was something that made me come back and play more Gamez. There are some bugs I found that I will post later, but have to make vids for that (I'm a bit lazy today). Please keep focused on the desync/lags untill the base is done and build on that, like every developer should do in my opinion.

There is something that is a thorn in my eye though, and that is the premium-gamez-icon. It does not fit the icons that are there. So, I felt I had to make a proper icon/image and hopefully you will use it to finish the clean look. This is the orange icon I'm referring to:
    [​IMG]

I attached a 256*256 png format file, you might want to use. It filts the other icons you see on screen. I had to search for the gamez logo and only found "small files" that I had to work with. The quality is not the best, but when you make it smaller (which it is suppose to be) you won't see the jagged area's. And yes, it's semi-transparent, like the other icons. Sorry, but I was too lazy to make a vector :oops:.

Keep it up.

Attached Files:

Sef, loboram, Toenail and 2 others like this.
  2. sbrodolino

sbrodolino New Member

3. Sanctuaria

Sanctuaria New Member

I feel like a mismatching custom-made icon is the least worrying issue this server has right now. The players aren't leaving over that icon, but they're leaving over every nerf that they keep pumping for no reason which keeps making newer players unable to catch up to veterans and bug-abusers from the past, which is what retail does and what most people tried to avoid by coming to this server.

4. RevelationsOn

RevelationsOn Proficient

@HydraGoPC nicely done icon dude.

Everyone talking about nerf here and there even if @Kolka already answered there were never a nerf done (a lot of post/threads about it already).
    Let this sink in for awhile then...

How easy is it to maintain a private server?
    How long does the "other" private servers last?
    Do any other private servers out there for BDO can provide the same good starting experience other than gamezbd, like in terms of the rates, the pearls you can gain for free just AFK'ing? You might answered perhaps CDO but heck why people leave there and come back to gamezbd? A lot of them have not REALIZED that it was ogrefest renamed, heck the discord even removed the previous chat logs made by the ogrefest admin before saying sorry for the wipe and stating "it will never happen" again as they will provide a "backup". Oh come on, how many bug fixes was done since it was released? Old BDO players would know that those bugs are as old as the original ogrefest files that they had lmao. Ever wondered why streamers (specifically YouTube streamers) left it?
    Anyway, putting all those aside..... For the past year and few months I can never find any other good private server for BDO other than gamezbd.
    Not to mention a game developer who can manipulate close updates from retail / official servers makes me wanna think he also works for PA LOL.
    At the end of the day, even if they ninja nerf anything since they did mention that nothing was changed and it was due to the retail/official changes and not gamezbd specific..........
    Those who love BDO and do not want to spend countless hours and real life cash on games would be best to be playing here in gamezbd.

Cheers and more power to gamezbd!

Hi GM @Noyah :D

5. Sanctuaria

Sanctuaria New Member

I'm just going to ignore the part where you gave a lengthy essay about CDO that no one asked for since that's not the server we're talking about.

The only retail-related nerfs I've seen were the scroll animations. SD nerf was unnecessary, horse nerf was unnecessary too. People who grinded with SD all day were able to get 500M/h on the right spots, and people were getting up to 1B with horse training. Now every way of making money is nerfed and new players will never be able to catch up to people who spent months grinding and taming horses. They keep pushing Premium even harder, dilluting the loot chart with Black Energy Residue that no one's going to use.

I'm not the only one saying this. You can read Discord and the forums. I've been seeing a decline on the rates since I used to grind in Valencia and get lots of scrolls in Nagas and suddenly after the Lahn patch I barely got any scrolls.

sbrodolino likes this.
  6. HydraGoPC

HydraGoPC Proficient

@Sanctuaria : Did you even read what I typed? You bitch about the icon I made? Are you for real? Or you only read what you want to read?
    Besides that, what are you complaining about? SD nerf was needed. It should been completely removed if it was up to me. New players can catch up, the same way as in retail. The droprates here are insane so it shouldn't be an issue. And I can't remember how many times people and Kolka have told whining people like you, that Gamez does not nerf the drops, it's PA that is nerfing!

I started to play 2 days ago (came back from retail) and have gotten more scrolls in a hour then my previous two weeks in retail. There is something seriously wrong with people like you.

The only thing I didn't like was the stealthy-energy-nerf and stealthy-pet-hunger-nerf. That should have been mentioned in the patchnotes. This was and is not the way to treat customers.

loboram and RevelationsOn like this.
  7. RevelationsOn

RevelationsOn Proficient

Exactly my point lol.
    I can even show to her/him all the threads if she/he wants to see HOW MANY are they complaining about nerfs.

SD was nerfed indeed, my apologies if I did not highlighted that because in the first place I rarely do it nowadays. :p
    Other than that, Kolka have made a statement multiple times on each threads complaining about the gamezbd future, decline of players and the nerfs.
    You can't please everyone, as a matter of fact we were only below 1k a few months of the actual out of beta of gamezbd.
    Premium is fully optional, I only subscribe to it every enhancement rates events lol.

loboram and Toenail like this.
  8. Sanctuaria

Sanctuaria New Member

If you've started to play 2 days ago then you're nowhere near PvP-ready. Let's see how you handle the game once you try to grind on certain spots just to get blown up by a full PEN Musa. Or how you enjoy blowing up your gear and getting 40 FS three times in a row trying to get a DUO, just to see it fail again with 40+ FS when you try to hit TRI.

I've been playing since May 2018 and I can assure you that this game is nowhere near that time. Devs actually used the Notice function to talk to players, instead of just sending automated messages whenever maintenance was going to happen. But when RU blew up and the server gained up to 8k players on the EU region (which pissed many existing players since we couldn't switch from NA to EU even if we had better connection) they stopped caring about the OG region.

And about SD, you have to be fucking kidding me. Getting 600M an hour in a private server where PEN items keep stacking up on market shouldn't be an issue. More money equals more people being able to buy those items and being able to test different classes. Now you're lucky to get 100M an hour in certain spots which are contested by overgeared people.

@RevelationsOn Don't you think there's a reason behind people leaving? Maybe they got tired of desync and lag, or maybe they got tired of seeing how this server is increasingly becoming retail with every nerf, except that retail at least has decent PvP that's not class-dependant.

The problem here is that you see people complaining and you think that they're bitching when in reality they might just don't want to leave this server. I've been bringing my friends from retail, but even they're getting pissed at every flaw and I just have to say "well they're a small team, cut them some slack".

I want to love this server, but after every nerf I have to think twice if it's really worth it.

9. HydraGoPC

HydraGoPC Proficient

This can't be happening... You can't be this.... I'm amazed and astonished.

Where did I stated that I started 2 days ago? -> You made that up. Cause you read what you want to read.
    If you were actually able to read, you would have found this topic regarding the FS: http://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/enhancement-rates-nerf-solved.223829/. Maybe you can ask someone to help you read what I posted there.

The game only improved over time. Only a blind man can't see it, or the man is plain stupid. And you made that last part about "not caring" completely up. They tried to fix it many times, but you don't want to see, because of your reading issues.

No, I'm not kidding you. Remove it completely.

You are bitching about an icon! And then you completely hijack the topic and whine and whine and, bla, bla, bla. Nothing constructive! It started good, but you utterly destroyed it. Job well done. Up to your next victim. Gl with that.

loboram, Toenail and RevelationsOn like this.
  10. Sweb

Sweb New Member

Well you said in post #6 that u started 2 days ago after coming back from retail (I know what you mean is that u returned to server not started but that is probably what Sanctuaria misunderstood), I agree that nerfing silver gain so new players got a harder time to catch up is a bad thing, But there is other things that has gotten alot better aswell like fixing fall dmg, I dont fall through the ground as often it still happens tho, new area is nice, I also agree that nerfing afk horse training was good because u could make more silver afking than actually grinding after SD nerf which is a bad thing because now alot of people afk instead of actively playing.

Right now the biggest problem for the server for me is the lack of geared players that join guilds and do nodewars "comon guys we gotta get more guilds to contest sieges!", and ofc the dsync server issues that hopefully will be fixed with next maintance, also some class balancing fixes would be nice I know alot of people that wanna play tamer but it just isnt good enough for them to play it.

loboram likes this.
  11. EternalValley

EternalValley New Member

Making 200-300mil in 8 hours is making more money than actively grinding for you? If you're making less than 70~ mil average an hour actively grinding you're clearly doing something wrong. Nerfing afk horse just delays new players from catching up to old players.

Sanctuaria likes this.
  12. johnthebarber

johnthebarber New Member

bug's still working ! tsskk

13. Sweb

Sweb New Member

it didnt take 8hours with horse gear, and buffs, but ye technically u did make more money grinding but very few people can grind for 4-8h a day (I personally grind for 3h), horse training was basicly mandatory to do because it was soo good and easy no reason to do cooking, alchemy, trading or fishing. Besides in my perfect world there would be no afking just active playing and being logged off. (save dat power bill)

loboram likes this.
  14. Sanctuaria

Sanctuaria New Member

Yeah well welcome to BDO. This game rewards AFKing more than active grinding so that's why people do it. Besides, you need to be online to get pearls in this server so there's that.

15. RevelationsOn

RevelationsOn Proficient

I think someone deleted a post or something after reading this in discord?
    Note: NA Hardware upgrade postponed until next maintenance due to system restrictions

Hopefully we get a stable server again just like the old times :D

upload_2019-1-25_8-16-52.png

loboram and Toenail like this.
  16. Sanctuaria

Sanctuaria New Member

3 hour maintenance just so NA could get the big ol' shaft, I'm not retracting any of my words.