1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Random nerfs, unknown nerfs and the damage they deal to the trustworthiness of the server.

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by asd321asd, Feb 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asd321asd

asd321asd New Member

For some time, and very often the question of "is X or Y nerfed? I really feel a change!", mostly it is not true, but what's the main issue here I'd like to bring up is that as a player that has played here for about 8-9 months now I cannot with any certainty actually say: "No it has not".

It's only most recent events, more specifically this event: http://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/event-its-a-cakewalk.225691/ that confirms that you actually watch out and nerf different things occasionally. The problem is that this is not reflected anywhere. The first day of the event I acquired over a 100 boxes over a couple of hours grinding different spots, I agreed, that might be too much, but today everyone, I mean absolutely everyone, agree that these boxes are basically nonexistent in comparison to yesterday. The problem isn't really this event in particular, it's that its rates were obliterated overnight without comment. Which proves that you disregard any communication of balance changes, which again leads to not only me but others having a distrust in anything you say about rates, have said about rates and what they actually are. When someone proclaims: "EU enhancement rates are worse than NA!" well, I don't know, it seems to me that it might be the case, but most likely its me having worse rng than on NA. It creates a distrust, and for me that distrust more than anything adds to an unwillingness to invest in this server.

All in all I think that this kind of stance and disregard for communication is mostly negative in most perspectives. I understand that as developers of a private server there is a limit to what you can do, but the way this is handled is probably hurting your interest and our interest in this server more than you think. Many in server chat already has a pretty hostile opinion towards Kolka and Carl as the faces of the server handling, if it's kept up it might be the norm of thinking "Kolka - the Destroyer of Fun" or generally that you are just money grabbers and are becoming PA 2.0.

teddy25, Filman, Furu and 2 others like this.
  2. Owari

Owari New Member

I very much agree, and coupled with the rumors that Kolka's giving away free pens to his friends (whether this is true or not, the fact that his reputation is poor enough that this is believable is a problem) this server feels very corrupt nowadays.

BDO's just a cursed game, retail's a complete cashgrab grindfest and all of the private servers are barely worth any time or consideration. Long gone are the days of actually enjoying a video game, they're all cashgrab schemes devised by people who don't even play games.

Furu, Xoko, insanqta and 1 other person like this.
  3. insanqta

insanqta New Member

I can't understand why the rates are tweaked all the time? This frustrates ppl more than anything.. you can't give X amount of ppl good chances.. and then start nerfing everything. I believe there are much more important things to be fixed in this server than reducing ppl income and making them angry (or making old players happy to not have competition). The cake event actually felt like "EVENT" when there were tons of cakes.. Also golden drops NERFED to the ground.. GamezBD is high rated server right? With event items drop rate close to retail-like it couldn't be considered as "EVENT" here.. ~5 daggers in an HOUR? :D LOL..

Xoko likes this.
  4. Kamara

Kamara New Member

I'd like to know if there is a special kids group or high donator that gets their way with this server? Because the changes seriously slant in favor of the veteran players and putting the breaks on progression after they (veterans) enjoyed such a bountiful advantage in silver, drops, SD payouts, and better payouts and time on horse training, its a hard kick in the teeth for newer players! This may not be the case but it sure looks fishy when one looks at the waste of resources for no more than 100 players at any given time on the pvp server. A server I might add that was only polled for on discord, and after that resource was taken away from the general community to launch the "better drop rate pvp server" all the nerfs seemed to follow for the non pvp servers...Then lets not forget the demanding pre-gift crowd asking for players to gamble on an item if they only gift the seller a premi on a no trade server...which is far too common for as absurd as the request is. I've been on this server for approx 9 months now with my partner. We enjoyed it and supported it monthly by buying premi's. We stopped doing that because we are not going to support changes that are turning a so called high rate server into a tedious chore reminiscent of retail.

alkreid, Xoko and insanqta like this.
  5. insanqta

insanqta New Member

I thought the server is more focused about ENDGAME.. but they are slowly making it KINDA slightly boosted retail-like. I believe most of the players coming here are cuz of this ENDGAME.. and to expirience this ENDGAME we ALL should have same chances to progress FAST and go to node wars RBF and all the endgame BDO could provide. But with the recent changes which are still continuing this server is becoming the next "farm simulator" but private :) If we want to grind month after month.. we could go to retail right? IF it is about money.. just make it PAID server with monthly fee and give all the high rates back! I believe even more ppl will donate for this.. but not to get premium and watch how every single income is nerfed.. even enhancement itself.

6. Kamara

Kamara New Member

I agree with much of what you've said here but if I'm not mistaken it would become a serious legal matter for them if they attempted to change the games nonprofit status.

insanqta likes this.
  7. insanqta

insanqta New Member

Then to boost this premium "gift" which you receive by donating to their "project".. But as i see the only people who are happy of these changes are the vets who already got their gear.. and the ignorant retail players who are happy for the free pearl shop and didn't even noticed that half the vet players got their PENs about twice faster than they will.

It's funny how these vets are crying that there're no guilds participating in NW or ppl in RBF.. and still defend the nerfs.. they should start to ask themselves why is that :)

Some people says that the higher rates are bored them.. Well there are 16 classes right? +1 incoming.. also every class could have about 2-3-4 builds.. so you will always have for what to play! But you will enjoy the WHOLE game if the rates are higher and you get your gear as easily as vets did.. for now 90% of the server is just mindlessly grinding and don't even consider to join RBF or any PVP since they are being DELETED by those vets.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    alkreid and Kamara like this.
  8. Kamara

Kamara New Member

Spot on! That is exactly how it is. While it may be fun face-rolling less geared players for them it don't make for a fun or challenging experience for newer players. Killing player progression the way they have has only insured that the already established will dominate everything...unless they decide to throw a match in node wars...which has already happened to give the illusion there is hope....

insanqta likes this.
  9. insanqta

insanqta New Member

And "vets" incoming in 3.. 2.. 1..
    They all are laughing at me like i want some "FREE" gear.. and all we newcomers want is SAME rate of progression they've got and start to participate in NW, RBF, and all the endgame content.. i believe even vets will be happier if this happens and pvp scene is more populated. Now they feel like GODS with their chars and want to have the upper hand on newbies.. but they also suffer cuz PVP is DEAD cuz of these nerfs to everything!

Kamara likes this.
  10. Kamara

Kamara New Member

True, and they know the truth of it when they've continued to dominate all the high end grind spots and killing lowbies/ less-geared who even attempt to farm their way up to higher gear. Gear is never free in this game, but compared to the advantages they had...their gear was closer to being free.

insanqta likes this.
  11. insanqta

insanqta New Member

The truth is that even GAMEZ softcap geared player (capotia + PEN weapons and boss armors) cant be competitive to VETS with 600+ GS.. and with the recent nerfs you have to grind for months even for this "SOFTCAP" which allows you to go to their spots at first place! And again be DELETED by them..
    And what.. i have to play farm simulator for 2-3-4 months and DON'T GET BORED.. in order to reach some decent GS so i can finally enjoy the game?
    Yes in retail you have lower gear.. but ALL PEOPLE DO.. in RBF are not only 600GS ppl like here.. also you have brackets for GS UNLIKE HERE. And you can have fun.. other than just grinding and butchering sheep!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  12. RevelationsOn

RevelationsOn Proficient

Feel free to quit here and stop bothering posting. You enjoy retail that much right? You enjoy buying pearls? You are so negative about gamezbd and I never seen any positive thing from you for someone who just joined the forum last month. Heck who knows, you might be the same person who have been creating multiple forum accounts for the last few months way back when the YouTube streamers are still lively lol

Toenail likes this.
  13. insanqta

insanqta New Member

Why should I quit? Why you do not quit but still arguing with me on every single post I'm posting? WTF is your problem? And who are you to tell me what to do? Am i telling YOU something? Am i telling LIES? All you can say is "LEAVE" or that we want "FREE" stuff.. nice arguments! Better you stop bothering answering all my posts when you are not happy with negative feedback. As you can see I stated that this is the ONLY good pserver out there.. if this is not enough POSITIVE thing for you then.. well read above.. just stop answering me. Could you please make some arguments WHY these current changes are good.. as you see im pointing why they are NOT.. Or you just enjoy arguing with people who are not happy with something and be the biggest FANBOY and pretend everything is just perfect? "Server is theirs and they can do what they want with it" .. " They are losing money not you" .. YOUR arguments! NICE!
    I thought forums are for this.. for FEEDBACK.. mostly the negative feedback could bring improvements.
    Just feel free to not answer me anymore. Thank you!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    Rollingstone805 and drayken like this.
  14. Toenail

Toenail Proficient

Well as a relatively new player I'm not looking for *end game*. I want to experience the entirety of the game in a sandboxy kind of way.
    I don't shy away from PvP when I have to defend myself, however I wouldn't call myself a PvP-er. I personally prefer there not to be some artificially increased method for making silver; so I guess it's different strokes for different folks.

dziku, SpiritOfAnger and insanqta like this.
  15. sbrodolino

sbrodolino New Member

they dont appreciate opinions :/

16. SpiritOfAnger

SpiritOfAnger New Member

lol, im not a veteran, i started about a month ago, got pen weapons, and trying to get rest of good equips, what the hell is this cry about? its easy here, and if there is ppl outthere with full pen soon i will be one of them too, get out of the forum and go grind... cry babys all i see here...

dziku and RevelationsOn like this.
  17. RevelationsOn

RevelationsOn Proficient

(clap)(excellent)(y)
    Ouch for others lol nice..

dziku likes this.
  18. insanqta

insanqta New Member

YOU are the babies who are just trashtalking to us.. we are pointing out the negative things about these nerfs.. and you are making fun of us instead to tell us WHY these changes are good for the server, but not for the geared people themselves!
    All you've got is "crying babies" "salt" and so on.. where are your fuckin arguments? OH i see.. "i have this, i have that" THIS ALSO DO NOT ANSWER THE QUESTION.. How the nerfs are good for the server.. as you see there are many negatives cuz of them.

19. Owari

Owari New Member

I mean I personally have 557gs, and I agree it isn't like the server is impossible or anything but if you continuously make random nerfs at 1% every 3 days then eventually the server quality drops like a stripper's panties when you throw 100s instead of 1s by mistake. I also have friends I bring to the server and I try to help them and other new players get geared, even if all I can do is give tips and run SD with them. I hate there being this "elite" full pen going against players with full duo grunil. The more the nerfs, the harder it is for newer players bottom line.

They would make a lot of disgruntled players happy if, instead of nerfing the "best" money making methods, they buff the less good methods. Now we run into this slippery slope of nerfing everything that's good, which discourages gameplay in general. Why even do that? Why defend it? Even if they're micronerfs, it's not like they feel good.

insanqta likes this.
  20. insanqta

insanqta New Member

As I see it.. the people defending nerfs believe they are in some "INSULT COMPETITION" and trying to be the coolest "DUDES" on forums by insulting negative feedback.. Not a single argument which points any positive side of these nerfs.. only trashtalking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.