1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Do you think the server is getting more diffcult to grind/get money?

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by MonkeyKingB, May 11, 2019.

1. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Those two quotes go well together...I am with you when it comes to specific loot and that Dark Rifts should not change to much about the rest of the game, but as you go on to say grinding for a couple of hours for a token item in a computer game is not really a good way to live a life buddy. Games are supposed to be about learning something and having fun while learning (or that is how it started WAAAAAAYYY back in the early days of human civilization), so when you start feeling like what you are doing in a mere computer game is like going to work I would suggest you get yourself a real-life job instead...at least that way you can buy yourself stuff that will make you happy for a while instead of just having imaginary items in a computer game that will never be useful in real-life other than for you to go: "Hey everyone look at what I got in this computer game, aren't I lucky/cool/good/skilled"

Yeah sorry i did not mean for this to turn into a tiny rant about living life instead of just playing a computer game, just going through some stuff myself, not anything you should take too seriously either since it is YOUR life to live...live it how you want :)

About the perceived lowered drop rate of accessories, I do understand that at length these things may seem to be a general thing, if there indeed WAS a change made to the drop tables, but as always I can point to the RNG ("Random" Number Generator) and use my example of the seraph necklaces; I had 4 seraph necklaces drop within about an hour at the Nagas next to the Sand Grain Bazaar, one of which was a DUO "straight out of the box", after which I have never had such "RNG luck" ever again. In fact since then I have had only 2 necklaces drop after having done about 4-6 hours of grinding (over several weeks mind you), so I don't know what to say. It could be true that the loot tables were changed in the Retail-version and when GamezBD made the patch they put everything into it, then applied the GamezBD drop bonus afterwards, however (like so many other things in programming) it could have affected the whole accessories drop rate without it being obvious when you look at the programming and loot tables.

So all the staff can do is look at the work and test and test and test and test, which is why it is SO important when dedicated players (like yourself) make a proper loot drop chart, make screenshots and a sheet of drops as well as amount of monsters killed since it has NOTHING to do with the amount of time you spend but simply about the amount of mobs you kill.

2. PTSD

PTSD New Member

it's easier if you stop arguing about it because they obviously will dismiss you like they do with everybody who complains about anything, be it droprate or smth else. but then again, if you don't argue, you don't succeed. i really don't see the point of doing it anymore since nobody listens (calm)

3. loboram

Wow...I am not quite sure what to make of this...who are you advocating towards?
    Should @shady101 stop asking questions? Should I stop saying anything in return?
    Should you stop making everything into something that is somehow impossible to overcome?
    Sorry about that last one...could not help myself.

When people answer your posts in here in this a computer-game-forum, do you not feel validated? Do you really feel like no one is listening, or could it be that too few agree with you?

4. PTSD

PTSD New Member

The validation i feel when people answer in posts isn't equal to the validation felt when people actually do things. It's useless to complain because all of our complaints are met with " this is how it works. get used to it "

5. HydraGoPC

HydraGoPC Proficient

So, I did a test to see if your complaints are valid and gathered sap for an hour. I only used a Magic Fluid Collector.
    [​IMG]

I can only say that I'm getting more loot then before the patch. getting TET/PEN items still the same as before.

I have absolutely no idea where the complaints come from, except for concluding that it comes from little kids that only want to keep their hands open and do nothing to earn the items. And as soon as they don't get what they want, they cry. The game is not setup to get PEN items in a month, only the people with knowledge and people that get lucky can get them within 4 weeks.

Get into a good guild and learn from people, read tutorials, try to figure stuff out on your own. It's not that hard.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    Toenail and loboram like this.
  6. shady101

shady101 New Member

thats interesting, what mastery was this with? And fig pie or no? would you mind showing me all of your equipment?

7. HydraGoPC

HydraGoPC Proficient

@shady101 : Read what I used!
    The only tip I will give you (except for the ones I already gave); Get your Gathering Level up! There are no secrets.

Toenail likes this.
  8. loboram

Common buddy, first of all if this is just complaining is it basically not just the same as whinning or internet-"crying"? In my experience I have heard this an almost unlimited number of times while online, that if you complain without asking proper questions or even better make a suggestion to how to improve things, you are merely making a scene instead of helping the situation change.

Also very very few posts are answered with "this is just how things work here, get over it" (I know it is paraphrased), and if it is done it has usually been because the same person relentlessly posted the same issue again and again, such as: "I am not getting what I want out of this game-server and therefore I am upset" (also extremely paraphrased).

I do not want to demean your experience here buddy, but it does stand to reason that if the same people are the ones complaining then it is not a "Global"-issue, if it indeed were to happen as is described "ninja-nerf-this-and-that" then I am ABSOLUTELY sure that I along with a bunch others would join "them" in saying that something is really wrong here :)

Toenail and HydraGoPC like this.
  9. shady101

shady101 New Member

I read what you said you used, and you only gave information about the tool you used. You didn't mention if you had / hadn't any gathering suits and lifeskill accessories. You also did not mention how much your mastery is, thus my question hasn't been answered at all by that post. And I have no complaints about gathering, I just want to know how much mastery you have to be able to pull results like these with a magic tool. Also I'm already guru 20 on gathering.

10. HydraGoPC

HydraGoPC Proficient

@shady101 : Wouldn't you think that I would have told everyone that I was using (manos) gear when I posted the result? Again: There are no secrets! We have the same Mastery.

Toenail likes this.
  11. shady101

shady101 New Member

Its funny, because those are the results I've gotten with 1300-1434 mastery with pen manos fluid collection tool. Seems like another issue has been discovered : the hards , sharps, caphras and ancient dust from that screenshot are pretty close to what people with high mastery get. Is that how its supposed to be? People have sunk a lot of money and materials into these new manos tools, gathering suits, new accessories etc.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Those screenshots are some of what i got with 1434 mastery in 1 hour. Something is wrong if im getting same / worse loot as you with lower mastery.

And here is what you say you get with just a magic fluid tool and 500 mastery in 1 hour:

[​IMG]

12. HydraGoPC

HydraGoPC Proficient

I only have 500 mastery.

Toenail and shady101 like this.