1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Noobie queries

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by Ysm, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Ysm

Ysm New Member

I haven't played an BDO and I was thinking of starting here instead. So I have a couple of questions:

1. Should i even play this game?
    2. How grindy is this server compared to the retail one ( Which I have heard is back breaking grindy )
    3. Is there like a changelog of some sort somewhere?

2. PTSD

PTSD New Member

1. if you want to play grind simulator 2019 yes.
    2. you're playing retail except you get free pearls and certainly not 10x droprates.
    3. i think there's a changelog on the discord server somewhere

Ysm likes this.
  3. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

Hello and welcome @Ysm, do not mind @PTSD I think he/she/it actually might be suffering from the condition so he/she/it takes things very personally and negatively.

Well there is NO real to answer the first question there...if you like this game then you like this game, it is unlike ANY other MMO-ACTION-RPG I have EVER played.

Well it is absolutely true that the game design was meant to keep players online forever as well as make the game feel like it never ends...however the GamezBD team has done an amazing job (out in the open fanboy) of delivering a well crafted project for all to enjoy.

For much more information and game guides about this particular server I would like you to take 5 minutes to just sift through this forum section: http://forum.gameznetwork.com/forums/game-guides.401/

At the top there you can find various game guides to help you get started as well as explaining the basics of this game, hope you choose to try it out, if the launcher download is too slow you can try using the mirrors here:http://forum.gameznetwork.com/threads/download-mirrors-client-v1223-community-provided.210022/

Will be looking forwards to having more new players join and try this game out, hope this helps you :)

Isolation and Ysm like this.
  4. PTSD

PTSD New Member

i was just stating my opinion about the game, not taking anything personally. could you please stop being butthurt when it comes to me having a bad opinion about the server?

5. loboram

Oi pal, just stop now while you are ahead. No need to get a warning for behaving like an arse here on the forum now is there?
    Worse part is I was actually trying to be nice towards you...my mistake...will NOT happen again.

6. PTSD

PTSD New Member

being nice by telling people to dismiss my opinion because you think i have a problem. that's nice.

7. loboram

1. Not even close, also a completely personal view that is NEGATIVE (yeah keep reading)
    2. Not true at all, not even a personal opinion here, but said as a statement about the server (also NEGATIVE)
    3. WooHoo! Only thing that is only partially helpful (no comments here)
    So if I am wrong about my assumption in regards to you, why are you taking this SO personally AND why are the two first answers so NEGATIVE?

Yeah I already know the answer..."It is just my personaly opinion and views of what is being said as well as asked about", but don't you see that it is the most cowardly answer to give when it is CLEAR that you are being an arse, not only towards the community in general who want to see this place be better than the toxic-shaite in Retail, but (and this actually pisses me off) towards the GameZ staff working on this project as well?

If it really makes no sense to play here then please leave and delete this forum account as well since not knowing about what you are talking about is not a valid reason to keep posting in here pal.

8. PTSD

PTSD New Member

is there a way for you to block me and never see my posts again? i really wouldn't mind that! :rolleyes:
    1. Yea, no, you definitely don't have to grind until your eyes fall out of your eyesockets.
    2. Not true at all you say? Please,tell me how it really is. I'd like to hear about that :)
    3. I have said that because they do post patch notes on the discord server which i read, although some of the notes should be explained a bit better and it should be said what they changed exactly.

The answers are so negative because that is how i view the server at the moment. Whether or not you agree with me that's not one of my problems. I might be an arse, i might not be. One last thing, could you stop saying i'm taking things personally? You're making a cliché out of it. Even though i did not really mean the strikethrough text, if i really annoy you so much, you should stop talking to me before you start developing anger management problems. :eek:

9. Luff

Luff - ᴛʜᴇ ғɪᴢᴢ - Staff Member Aion Master

Poor @Ysm the real victim here. Le'sigh.

1. I'd play it, fact you're here asking means you're interested, might as well give it a shot.

2. Relatively easier.

3. Discord should have that info. Can be accessed from the website or launcher.

Good luck!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    loboram likes this.
  10. loboram

Know what...You are right @Luff I shouldn't answer troll posts and trying to be nice towards these individuals (4-5 people who are still posting shaite about the server and team behind it) is obviously not magically going to change their behavior.

@Ysm I still hope I managed to answer the questions in the very first reply I made though, what do you think?

Luff likes this.
  11. Ysm

Ysm New Member

@loboram Yes that answered all of my question, thank you for the links for guides and the launcher! Since there's a mirror for the lauincher do I also need to buy the retail game first?

Me and my friends are starting tomorrow :) I've been reading the guides and most of it looks great (although I feel like there's a lot more to learn), I wish I read the post about the launcher though >.<

12. Lareldal

Lareldal Patience is a virtue <3 Forum Legend

Nope, you do not :)

13. loboram

No the mirror download is for the entire GamezBD Black Desert Online game, it is just that sometimes downloading the game through the launcher can take a really long time, so in an effort to speed up the download (around 30GBs) they have supplied us with a torrent version as well as a google-drive version, so now you can download the entire game through both of those or just using the launcher.

Good luck in the first game try though...it is very confusing to begin with, but do not be despaired though, it will take about a week to really get into how things work and how to control the character's movement and attacks :D