1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

GamezBdo Hate Speech,Racism/ Apology

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by ColdAssHonkey, Jun 12, 2019.

?

Should people get Perma-banned for a first time offense of hate speech?

1. Yes

28.6%
  2. No

71.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imrahil

imrahil Asmo's face smasher

How do staff know it wasn't
    Think most staff class it on severity of the situation not who or if it was directed at someone

2. oMasterchef

oMasterchef New Member

i dropped the whole server chat log so everyone could see, look at the picture and decide for yourself the severity.

Owari likes this.
  3. imrahil

imrahil Asmo's face smasher

I think just using that word in general is bad enough I wouldn't use it at someone and I would expect the same back.
    I think the staff member that done the banning feels the same way.

4. Minorak

Minorak Professional Fearer

well i can see why, excessive use on what is known as one of the "worst" insults to nearly all coloured people. But, i'd say its more down to the admins on that one personally. As i said, i can see why at least.

5. myka94

myka94 New Member

It's 2019 why would anyone care who anyone is.I mean myself I don't care if your woman,man or beast or if your sky-blue-pink in color. it's a game people your not living anyone's life but your own ....... :rolleyes:

6. EnragedOgre

EnragedOgre New Member

Holy shit. I didn't know Narcissa was hiding out here. Don't worry, I won't tell John Numbers or Adrian.

7. loboram

loboram Respected Member Forum Legend

I am known for being harsh and getting into long rants, so in order to change myself I will try to be as brief as I am able to, for the moment.

This is clearly bad misinformation, or like "Dump" says: "Fake news".
    Whomever told you this or taught you this is a sociapathic idiot. If you live in a society there is no such thing as just being yourself and doing whatever you want to do.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to know how the use of whatever word gets to end up on the screen of some random person's computer, it is also impossible to know just how many times the same players have done this before to provoke or just to be arseholes. Well at least it is for anyone catching the "no-no/bad words" as idiots like to call them, but NOT for the staff.

I Absolutely back-up that person who is admittedly (an arshole if only doing so to provoke and troll) baiting people into showing their "true-colours", but if it gets repeated offenders (who have gotten away with behaving like this before) to reveal themselves, I will gladly join the provoking-arshole-train, which is ironic to the definition.

What you did was make 2 screenshots and that is supposed to show the ENTIRE build-up over weeks and months before this incident?

I have an opinion about this; the staff did what they thought/felt/agreed on was fair and a correct course of action, now this decision is clearly not built entirely on this tiny exchange, it is most likely due to an increasing number of reports about abusive language being thrown around as if it were actual jokes, as if the person using such language is oblivious of the meaning or what message the use of it sends.
    So I think the staff just did a clean-up session, collected all the player reports and just went to town on the offending players once and for all. Could be many reasons for why these players got singled out, maybe they were violating multiple server rules at once, or some rules that we aren't being made aware of like selling a GamezBD account for Real-Life money for instance.

8. santahashi

santahashi New Member

Definitely free Owari, also I just woke up and somehow accidentally voted YES. Please minus one YES vote, my answer is NO.

9. StarRaven

StarRaven New Member

I'd also like to apologize aswell for my bad behavior. Earlier I also used server chat and said rude and offensive things. It was a very low point in my life and I am deeply sorry for anyone who was offended by what I said.
    In the future I will look back on this day and never repeat my mistake.

Sincerely, Raven.

10. Nyxtus

Nyxtus New Member

I'd like to additionally apologize to you and the community of Gamez BDO. Earlier I was using server chat, and some slurs got thrown around, and I apologize for allowing myself to jump on the bandwagon and also utilize racial slurs. I'd like to express that those words do not reflect who I am as a person, or what my actual perspective on life is.
    This post is a sincere apology and a contract, if you will, ensuring that I will never use these words ever again. Thank you and your team for everything you do for the game, and I hope you consider reversing the ban you levied earlier today.

Thanks, and have a good day.

11. HydraGoPC

HydraGoPC Proficient

So you got banned huh? You could expect some retaliation in the long run regarding your "look-at-me-I-am-a-big-boy-behavior". Personally, I would say; "Servers you right, big-boy!"
    However!!! I've been in law for more then 20 years, so yes, I know a thing or 2. I know personal feelings do not matter in such cases.
    Were you guys wrong? Yes you were, even admitted.
    Was the ban justified? Yes and no.

The ban was justified based on evidence provided. I have no argue with that. But what I don't agree upon is the perma ban. It should be a suspension according to the the rules stated. So, no, in my professional opinion.

Here's a slight note; You have to keep in mind that the devs are the rulers of this kingdom. You behave according to their guidelines or get out! There is no court, only a Supreme Ruler. They can do whatever they feel like.
    Buuuut, I suppose you big boys already thought of that before doing what you did.

But what baffles me is why you kids behave like that. Does it make you feel good? Cool? Big? I don't get it. Average IQ already dropping like crazy. Think of consequences before acting cool again. It will help you in your future life.

loboram likes this.
  12. MagmaticRuby

MagmaticRuby New Member

I have no problems with you being banned for your language, I DO however have a huge problem that ONLY YOU are banned when people are saying this sort of crap all the time. If one person is banned for it everyone should be banned for it.
    Also If you stay permabanned Gamez isn't getting any more of my money because it's clearly stated that it's a multiple stage banning process, and you can't change your policies after the fact if you want my business.

loboram likes this.
  13. whtout

whtout New Member

I think this was the real problem. It is actually surprising only 2 got banned for this.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      70.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      83.2 KB
      Views:
    loboram likes this.
  14. AcriusRose

AcriusRose New Member

I was caught in that ban yesterday too, for saying a single letter in chat / honestly trying to derail it into a less racist chat.
    Really don’t think permanent ban was the way to go.. had I typed any other letter than an R, I think I’d still be playing

15. Goldwirth

Goldwirth New Member

Honestly, I don't know what I expected from this thread and the people who posted, the people who got banned clearly didn't use the racial slurs for malicious reasons and they are sorry for what they did and they would like a lighter and FAIR punishment instead of just permanently banning them without giving them a chance to improve and show that they can do better than that, and I am confident they can do better than that. We are very stupid for holding these racial slurs at this colossally high standard whereas other slurs are often used for comedic sense or editorial sense in server chat, I understand that the words in which they brought up have history but that doesn't mean the other slurs do not have history as well, if we are to treat these slurs as if they are not okay to be said by anyone at least let's do it right, either all of them are okay, or none of them are okay.

16. Yonik

Yonik New Member

Amen

17. AcriusRose

AcriusRose New Member

Same here.
    I apologize for joining in the jokes in server chat, and throwing letters around like they were nothing. It wasn't my best choice, and I'm sincerely sorry about it. None of it reflects who I am as a person, and I'm never going to do it again.

-StarDusk

18. strashiner

strashiner New Member

Come on Carl, youre the one to decide. Give him another chance, he's not such a bad person.
    It's a small server, and we need everyone we got.
    Don't let this happen - let it go...

19. RadiantCure

RadiantCure Witch of the Rainbow Forum Legend

It's nice to see that people learn to apologize and promise to work on themselves to be better.
    It's just fair that we return the favor supporting this change, by being considerate and understanding.
    After all, what are we but all works in progress? Keep and build relationships that's what this world needs.

I did find it strange that this immediately escalated to a perma ban. That was honestly uncalled for, no matter how bad the convo with the N-word was.
    There is such a thing as due process, without following it - why did you even set up rules. I'm sorry you and others had to go through that.
    I understand the challenge that comes with the demands of being admin and handling these types of situations. You have to go through proof, weigh
    the impact of your decisions, not to mention it's also your discretion how you execute and/or implement your actions, but the bottom line is what's going
    to benefit everyone. For example, when reports come in especially with the limited number of people managing this server, I get it can be overwhelming
    [Let's be honest Kolka, heck I know you struggle with bug issues that have backdated reports and such - just a reference not an offense, to clarify].
    I think it would have been just natural to take the time to review and evaluate the situation before deciding on what action to take. Not gonna lie it felt
    like a rash decision. Not to mention that these people [I assume] are also their paying clients. In this case, the appropriate action was to follow the sequence
    of the ban as noted. This is to educate the user and at the same time, you did retention.

20. Chunn

Chunn New Member

I think people should be allowed to say whatever they want, and if you dont like just block. After all we are on a game, joking and trolling around, I dont think that because someone said the N word or made a joke about anything the person is actually racist or xenophobic, most are just trolling. And getting perma ban for It is waaaaaay out of line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.