1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

NA Players suspended based on hate report, not proof

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by AliceKeli, Jul 29, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AliceKeli

AliceKeli New Member

This is the current trend in NA Gamez BDO now and I dont see motivation in progression or PVP anymore.

In short, if you hate someone in game, get number of people report him for any reason, and he WILL get banned immediately.

Let't me list a few samples happened around me, or I had myself

1. Ask someone to Duel in BA, while dueling, record a few seconds of Desync, and send to Dev, have a few friends support you that he's surely using a lag switcher, banned.
    2. Say Nigga in server chat, which toxic words happens all time on server chat, proceed to report and the ban hammer goes off immediately
    3. Fight someone with better gear, must have secret way of cheating, exploit. Mass report him and get banned.
    4. Accuse someone promoting other private server, try to trick him to say a few keywords of that server and get screenshot, ban
    5. A few pen accessory success in a row, too lucky, ban

The list goes on.

Players are in fear of saying anything, which sometimes, we need the toxicity to bring the nearly dead PVP alive.
    Spend great effort grinding and gather to get max outed gear, is one short cut to get banned with too much gear.

I know this sounds ridiculous but this is how it works. The ban is based on report, you can literally Photoshop it and get someone banned. And you cannot reason with Dev to get a reasonable proof whatever to get unbanned. It's hard to communicate to them.

For example, the lag ban case. Dev claims the server is gold and such long desync is impossible, must be exploiting. The player said he does not know lag switcher and desync happens, then he got a conclusion that " I give you chance to admit your fault, but you wasted your chance, perma ban"
    Having too much gear: you manipulated Silver and gear in a way we do not know, we cant find any evidence in the logs, we must ban you for not sharing the secret way of exploiting the game. If you admit then you have a chance, but you wasted.

I hope the toxicity of players reporting behavior getting stopped very sooner and Devs should, show proof, or any solid reasoning for ban.
    Good luck adventures.

2. darkice

darkice New Member

Lets do a simple Math, Assume you are a hardcore player who spend a lot of time on this server, you grind/gather/kill Boss/Buy stuff from Market while you grind or in town. Here is the list

The Caphras System was introduced in 01/15/2019.
    1. You kill 4 -6 Garmoth Per day and get around 2 Caphras Stone Bundle. With reasonable statistic you get 150 Stones/day.
    2. You Gather 2 hours per day mining/chopping with double scrolls, you get 100 stones per hour with Dusts, which net you 200 Stones/day.
    3. You grind for 2 hours per day with double scrolls, you get 50-60 Stones per hour with Hedgehog turned on, that results 100 Stones/day.
    4. You Pre-Order from Market Place with Maids with NO cool down timer of 3 minutes >.> Can get 100-200 per 10 minutes when someone post it if you are the highest bidder. In a day on average will gave you 1000 Stones.* Significantly more during January, February, March when no one gave a damn about Caphras*
    5. You buy Stones through bid/buy with Maids, if no one else is competing with you will gave you 500 Stones per day.
    6. You buy Stones from Special deals, about 100 stones per Day.
    7. You AFK with hedgehog turn on for auto-gather, 300 Stones per day.
    All the above will gave you 2350 Stones/Day on average. Today is 07/29/2019. That is 195 Days. 2350*195 = 458,250 Caphras Stone.
    Assume You only do that half the times or everyday but not lucky. With a Margin of error for 50% will net you 229,125 Stones till this date.
    Holy that is a lot of Stones!!!!!!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    Goldwirth and emily95 like this.
  3. Magno

Magno New Member

Don't you find it very naive to think that with a log analysis it is not easily possible to catch cheaters?
    I have been playing on the server for almost 2 years and no friends of mine have been banned or even heard of an honest person being banned.
    Other than that I totally agree with the banishment of toxic, prejudiced and disrespectful people, enough of trash racist players

4. Lareldal

Lareldal Patience is a virtue <3 Forum Legend

Bans are to be discussed only in the pm of the banning staff member, or even anther staff, but not in public. Bans are not given without proof. If it's disputed and you don't agree with the decision, pm Carl or Noyah.

5. Noyah

Noyah ᴜɴғᴏʀɢᴇᴛᴛᴀʙʟᴇ Forum Legend

It doesn't work that way, and it doesn't matter how many friends "support" you and your report. That support will certainly not lead to the player's ban, and if you believe such a thing ever happened, please feel free to send me a private message with the player's name and don't forget to include a proof so I can take a look into it.
    Racism and toxicity are two different things and we deal with them differently. When it comes to racism it all depends on the content and the circumstances, especially when the word "nigga" is mentioned. Some of the bans are temporary and as long as the player is toxic he will be punished. You can't expect us to permanently ban the player in his first offense. A look at the server rules will make it easier for you to understand how things work here. Server Rules - Click here
    That's far from being reliable and I would say it's even a bit ridiculous considering that only yesterday I rejected such a report because it was server's side issue.
    Promoting other private servers is definitely against our server rules, but I can tell you it's been a while since we've banned players for that reason. There is a big difference between mentioning and promoting another private server. I don't see a reason to ban a player just because that player said "crimson desert" for example, but I certainly wouldn't want to see a player who constantly promotes another server and compares his wonders to our server, etc.
    Never happened. Why should a player be banned just because he was lucky enough to succeed PEN two or three times in a row? But again, if you are convinced that there is a player who has been banned for this unrealistic reason in the past, send me a message with the player's name and proof that he was really banned because of such thing and I assure you the ban will be lifted within seconds.
    You are talking about the dev here, the dev shouldn't deal with players. Once you have a problem with a certain ban you don't contact the dev, you contact the GM. So if you have a problem, feel free to contact me. I am not always available on discord, and I usually reply after a day or two, but if you don't have the patience to wait, I am more active here in the forum.

Lareldal likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.