1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Resolved Game doesn't launch after clicking "Play"

Discussion in 'Problems' started by Wraithhunter, Aug 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wraithhunter

Wraithhunter A Sloth who loves Lore

Heya all, Wraithhunter here, so the launcher did the patch, which was pretty small update for an odd reason. Since the Archer update took hours, not complaining, but that just seemed strange to me. Anyways, I notice that after clicking "Play" on the launcher, the game launches like normal, however after it says "launching game.." it finishes and then goes back to the launcher, it gives me no error, nothing stating "a file is missing" or whatever. Just starts launching the game, and I guess fails but doesn't show that it failed or anything. It just doesn't launch, I don't even know why.

I have restarted the launcher, run it as admin, and even restarted the PC to see if its just that. But nothing, still the same result. Granted I am happy in a sense it isn't like "a file is missing" or false flagging because I am sick of dealing with those problems x.x. I have seen other threads today about stuff being lost, and I am just hopeful that didn't happen to me either. But I have to get into the game first lol.

2. Daven

Daven Proficient Forum Legend

Hey there, I had a similar issue and I got it fixed by manually changing the client settings.
    It'll be.. C:\Users\YourLogin\Documents\Black Desert open the gameoption.txt file and change the width to 1920 and height to 1080. This fixed the issue for me.

3. Wraithhunter

Ah thank you Daven! I haven't done something like this for a game, but I will try this. I will update if there is anything else of course. ^^

Update: Well I did that and it still didn't work, just does it again, one thing I realized that I didn't do is force check the files. So I'm doing that now. Hum, hope it works, would like to play tonight. :(

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  4. Daven

Daven Proficient Forum Legend

Make sure you save the file after you make the changes, forgot to mention that. Bummer if it doesn't work though!

5. Wraithhunter

Ah ye I was confused at first where to save it, but once I "x" it out it told me to save it, which I did save it. I even opened it back up to double-check just to make sure, the new width being 1920 and height being 1080. Though the force check finished, and its "downloading" so I'm assuming its downloading missing files. If this doesn't work then I guess I would have to uninstall and re-install, which kind of sucks because it was really slow the last time I had to do that. Re-installing the game took 14 days in total. And for some reason it was the only game that took that long. Hopefully I wouldn't have to do that nor if I did, it wouldn't take 14 days lol. Thanks for all the help though Daven, I do appreciate it. ^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.