1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. If this is your first visit, you may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You aren't supposed to be full PEN after 2 weeks.

Discussion in 'Black Desert Discussion' started by MFDOOM, Dec 16, 2019.

1. MFDOOM

MFDOOM Getting there

So many posts complaining about SD and low income for new players. I strongly believe you guys are spoiled and now that it was taken away that's why you complain.

SD is still pretty good, you just have to be smart about it. Checking MP for prices before running so your time isn't wasted is always a good idea.

Furthermore there are other active money-making methods which are probably better. For example active-gathering, caphras especially now that there isn't a boatload of them in MP. Literally afk overnight and is an easy 300m-400m from caphras. And while you afk overnight you can afk horse train. After 2-3 nights doing that you have 4 horses ready, that's another easy 500m-1b depending on the horses tier/skills.

You can literally make so much money on gamez STILL and people find a way to complain. SD was a system that was a mistake in my opinion, and it was rewarding people too much money. I think it's in a good spot now.

I have 3 guild mates who started 3 weeks ago and both are around 620 GS - that's a very good rate of progression.

2. dariolucconi

dariolucconi New Member

Well then full PEN 20 caphras isnt supposed to be a retail-like grind then going by the same logic. You got spoiled by the old SD, and now that you made your way to high GS you can grind at end game spots while leaving us behind :)
    You know there are problems in this server but you keep denying it just because it doesnt affect you that much.
    Of course there are other ways of making money but guess what? They are mostly by staying AFK. Why cant a new player grind their way up instead of letting the game whatever its doing ? As a new player i expect to grind but no as much as retail, not get some horses and afk train them every night. At least retail has a high population so you can grind at any spot and everything will basically sell,but here ? You cant cause no one buys trash items cause they are full PEN and everything so beginners dont have any active silver income till they dont reach a certain amount of GS

3. Veresse

Veresse New Member

I still play retail as well though not nearly as much as I used to, just a few nights a week with friends.

SD doesn't even exist there and the money you can make via SD here for an average player still exceeds by a wide margin what top geared players make on retail. 30-40 million is amazing cash on retail on any consistent basis. Here, almost anyone can do that or more.

So I am not seeing it. I just don't see it at all, this supposed harm to new players. I am a new player and I am not seeing it.

Finally, while earnings per hour are down, prices are coming down too. The economy will balance itself out.

marsseven, loboram and MFDOOM like this.
  4. MFDOOM

MFDOOM Getting there

You've have got to be joking, either that or you've never played retail. GameZ grind is nothing compared to that of retail, and i'm not speaking about one thing i'm speaking about everything. From gathering to combat the progression is night and day. People are getting a PEN after 1 week of playing, that's unheard of on retail.

Also despite my forum account, my GameZ in-game account is only about 2 1/2 month old. I was never around to reap the benefits of the old SD system - in fact you can check my post history and see i was even against nerfs to SD and gathering in the past.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say maybe you're new to BDO and don't quite understand what to do. But as of right now it's even easier to get end-game gear, PEN Dandes and armor are down to 3B - even if you can't afford 3B just buy a TET. Enhance weekend an easy 50 FS gets you your first PEN - and you basically get multiple free 50 FS.

• People buy trash items all the time. I myself buy 13-15 items whenever i see them.
    • Horse training if AFK income where you can make 2-3 billion a week if you really invest time in it, yet you're complaining about it?
    • Active gathering is a really great method to make money on GameZ, why can't you do that?
    I honestly just believe you and many others are just lazy and want things handed to you. SD is easy and convenient because you just grind a spot and could make a lot of money - and the system is still pretty good but it's not enough for you. But instead of trying to make use of other systems, you're too lazy to try that.

Edit:

You should try retail where PEN weapons are 10-12b unlike gameZ where it's only 3b

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    marsseven and loboram like this.
  5. optyk

optyk New Member

Look, man, no offense here...I'm having a hard time following your posts. Your sentences contradict each other and are all over the place.

Please, logically, explain to me, how actively killing things and being at the PC is "easy and convenient", but running the game minimized in the background or simply jamming on the "R" key (if you don't own 5 $75USD auto-gathering Hedgehogs) while in a non-combat zone is neither lazy, convenient or considered being handed to?

Seriously?

If anything, you have made a very good argument to further nerf gathering rates (possibly the Web Shop Hedgehogs too) and the AFK/Active training/breeding rates as well. I don't know why on Earth that would happen tho, considering this is a boosted private server, but hey, I'm not the one making the argument on how alternate non-combat/AFK methods are better than actually...playing the game; you are. It's borderline gatekeeping TBH.

As far as pointing fingers and calling people lazy. Well sure, everyone is guilty of that right? That's why 100% of the people are here instead of Retail. It's not just for the free Pearls so you can finally get that g-string bikini outfit you always wanted (well maybe a little). People, including you and your friends, want an easier experience than what Retail offers; its why they will minimize to the tray, virtually let the game play itself and then come back when it's ready -which again, according to you, is not considered lazy or convenient. (my brain hurts at this point)

Just sayin.

All in all, Special Deals could use some love. Nothing overly drastic, but its current efficiency rate vs AFK activities is downright gross in comparison, and it was something I personally was attempting to escape from in the Retail experience by coming to an unofficial, boosted server. AFK has the current edge because you can run that non-stop, active players eventually, need to stop. Knowing this, its quite clear which progression path is "easy and convenient", right?

Off-topic but a valid side note is that this argument resembles a "wallet-warrior" vs "no-lifer" debate. People with more money than time, of course, want AFK activities to be great. While the no-lifers would prefer to see a better return from actively playing the game. IMO both playstyles are legit and should have equal gains. What's disappointing in all this, is that it has been beaten to death on the Retail forums and it continues even here on a boosted private server; quite a shame really.

Choovanski likes this.
  6. MFDOOM

MFDOOM Getting there

So you admit there are alternatives to making better silver such as AFK horse training and gathering, yet you still complain it's hard for new players to make silver - which is the initial point of this thread.

And yes i do consider SD the easier active silver making method. Personally id much rather be doing combat and making millions of silver, than walking around collecting logs. One task requires you to atleast have a little fun, the other is a boring mundane activity.

loboram likes this.
  7. optyk

optyk New Member

Of course, I admit that. That was the point of the discussion on how combat in this "next-gen action mmorpg" is the worst option to make money when compared to alt methods. Add in the fact that this is a boosted, private server and its glaringly obvious things need to be adjusted a little.

If I can pay $75 for a Dream Horse or $75 for Auto-Gathering Hamsters 1 minute after making a fresh account, then adjust things so when people run around doing action combat they can earn Silver that is reasonably on-par with the non-combat options.

Do I need to list all the buffs and boosts we get for training/breeding horses?
    How about all the extra bonuses we get from gathering?
    Now list all the extra things we get from Special Deals and combat.

See the difference?

It's not rocket science. Seriously, if I want the experience of Retail, I'd be there instead of supporting a hacked server -and I have Farming Simulator 2019 on Steam if I wanted to play a Husbandry simulator.

Not only does total Gear Score wall off PVE content, but it also walls off the opportunity of having equal gear in a game that has a lot of PVP events. While I might not be the best at every class, at least I (and others) would know its not a lack of gear and more people would be willing to at least attempt PVP activities in a guild knowing that.

It's a win/win for everyone. Please fix Silver income via combat GameZ, or nerf the non-combat methods that people have proven to be a little too strong.

Choovanski likes this.
  8. CrazyLamer

CrazyLamer New Member

Booo hooo cry more ?
    This is way easier than retail to gather pretty much everything, if you want something easier then go play fortnite or everything else kids play these days.
    This game isn't meant to be a game where you get every end-game stuff in 10 minutes, this requires a bit more. if they kept it like that everyone would've quit playing a long time ago.
    So you either play the game and have fun or you don't play it, simple as that.
    And if you find this too hard for you, well then you have the easier options like minecraft, fortnite or something else.
    And btw you also get free pearls here, you don't on retail so......yea....you literally get all content for free here by simply playing.
    So stop crying, you're just a spoiled brat with your rant right now.

marsseven likes this.
  9. MFDOOM

MFDOOM Getting there

Seems like you are the one who is confused and contradicting.

- You complain new players have a hard time making silver now that SD doesn't earn you 500m in an hour.
    - You then admit there are vastly better alternatives to making silver.
    - For whatever reason you refuse to use those alternative methods?
    - And now you want GameZ to nerf those alternatives, because why? This will only hurt new players more.

I've seen it before; players see a method doing well but because it's something they themselves don't participate in they want it nerfed. Said method gets nerfed, and it hurts everyone.

The way i see it - You don't care about what new players need to be successful, you only care about how SD personally effects you.

10. optyk

optyk New Member

- Yes, SD needs a reasonable increase to put it back up to par with the others.
    - I did not admit there are vastly better alternatives. Other people, such as yourself, showcased that themselves. I used that admittance to posit a change to the SD system.
    - Why should someone *have to* use alternative methods? It's cool there are options. The more the better, but why not petition to make the standout one, the one I'm interested in, that is vastly inferior, better?
    - If something is vastly better than another, yes, the goal would be to balance it all out.

As people have already mentioned, prior to the CM change, SD was vastly better and it needed to be toned down -very understandable. Maybe the pendulum got swung a little too far though.

This is called the shoe being on the other foot. 2 sides to every coin? See what I'm getting at? Now the clear standouts are non-combative methods, so, should we not address these as we did when SD was the standout?

Of course I'm worried about SDs impact on myself -as would anyone that's invested in something that matters to them, that's why I support and welcome any change to it to let the Devs know.

The way I see it - if someone does not have a problem with SD in its current state, then they really have no place in the discussion on its change -why would you want to participate in something that does not affect you anyway, right? But, to actively try and dismiss others' valid claims on how SD needs a reasonable change, when SD has no impact on you, is called being nosey, or even borderline "gatekeeping".

So the real question is not so much as to why I or others won't use the alternative methods. Its why you and others are so against the idea when it does not involve you.

"I've seen a few posts of new players to the server asking on how to make Silver. With Special Deals not being very efficient after the Central Market patch, I can at least offer some alternatives to those willing to try until the Devs can address the issue."

See how easy that was? Unfortunately, it did not go that way and this sh*t-post would be a crap-ton different. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

I hope I provided some better insight. If not, I don't know what else to do for ya, sorry. The gist of it is that SD sales should be a bit more reasonable and effective then it currently is with the new market system.

11. xQaRax

xQaRax New Member

everybody did their pens but now new players doing hard it,if you don't believe me you need to look at 2018 gamezbd , Kolka really has been destroyed the server this is the only truth.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    Choovanski likes this.
  12. Yoshi69

Yoshi69 New Member

How? I did horse training with T7-T8 horses and only got 30-80m each horse.
    How?

13. spiceboi

spiceboi New Member

just get rng carried at garmoth like me for an ez 1b

14. PsychoticPR

PsychoticPR New Member

What he fails to tell you is that you use pearls for caphras or pearls for horse skill exchange coupons/breed reset coupons.
    Once you get t7/t8's with your very very high Horse training mastery, and alot of pearls (lets say ~12k pears) and horse wagons, you can begin on your playing other games adventure to becoming rich on a game that you will play for 20% of the time or sleeping. After you reach lets say lvl20 horses, you would check them into the stable and switch their skills to corsair skills. IDK currently how many coupons you would need for that but when I started on this 40b industry before the remastered update and caphras, it would take me about 1-2 skill change coupons to get the desired skill, rarely 3-4. your t8 horses will need a minimum of 7 skills for corsair. once you feel like your horses are in a better path to gaining the trash skills back(ForeChop, HindKick, Caution, ect) you max them to lvl30, where you will use up pearls to change more skills and breed them and get more t7/t8 horses to rinse and repeate.

T8 Corsairs give you about 500m with full breeds, and 300-400 with 0 breeds 0 resets. t7's if i remember correctly about 100m

Just remember that you can get female or males and if your rng bad you will probably get all 1 sex and t7's and will probably need like 3-5 change skill coupons per desired skill.

Choovanski likes this.
  15. lenina1060

lenina1060 New Member

Tell me please what is SD?

16. PsychoticPR

PsychoticPR New Member

You get a friend or random players to grind as a party and turn on Special Deals (SD) in the party settings (only party leader can do this). You get about 35% of the total value of the looted item that can be registered at the Central Market (CM) divided by the number of party members. the silver will be deposited into your Black Spirit Safe instantly. So 12.5% of the items worth if you are with just 1 other person.

17. Leonkai

Leonkai New Member

Just leeave the game and let the full pen people alone they hay everything easy and know they dont want
    Just leave alone V players they had everything easy but they dont want to other ppl geared because they are fucking pussies sons of a bitch

xQaRax and Beshka like this.